Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • kittyhart
    • By kittyhart 1st May 18, 4:49 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 1Thanks
    kittyhart
    Amazon marketplace refund
    • 1st May 18, 4:49 PM
    Amazon marketplace refund 1st May 18 at 4:49 PM
    Hello
    I bought a label printer from a seller on Amazon Market Place. Upon opening the product and testing I realized it was not fit for purpose (I need a much larger version) and requested a refund that day. I told the seller I had opened the box and they instructed me to send it back in the original packaging. After a week I contacted the seller asking when I would receive my refund, at first they said they had not received the item, however once showing them the signed for tracking details they said I could have a full refund. However, today they have come back and said the item has been used and so I won't be getting a refund. I am now out of pocket £85 with no product.
    What are my rights here? Only after opening the product and testing it did i realize it isnt fit for purpose. There is nothing on their website about their refund policy.
    Kind regards
    Catherine
Page 1
    • bxboards
    • By bxboards 1st May 18, 5:05 PM
    • 1,572 Posts
    • 1,219 Thanks
    bxboards
    • 1st May 18, 5:05 PM
    • 1st May 18, 5:05 PM
    Personally I don't think you can say a product isn't for for purpose just because it's too small. That doesn't make it unfit for purpose, anymore if you bought size 30'' jeans but you needed size 40'' would render them unfit for purpose.

Usually most sellers do not allow returns where a product has been used with consumables like ink etc.
    • LilElvis
    • By LilElvis 1st May 18, 5:38 PM
    • 3,822 Posts
    • 10,359 Thanks
    LilElvis
    • 1st May 18, 5:38 PM
    • 1st May 18, 5:38 PM
    You are entitled to get your label printer back though. Sell it on eBay to recoup some of the cost.
    • Aylesbury Duck
    • By Aylesbury Duck 1st May 18, 5:57 PM
    • 2,315 Posts
    • 3,137 Thanks
    Aylesbury Duck
    • 1st May 18, 5:57 PM
    • 1st May 18, 5:57 PM
    Agreed, if they won't refund you then they should send you the printer back because it's yours.
    • mattyprice4004
    • By mattyprice4004 1st May 18, 6:24 PM
    • 3,705 Posts
    • 3,192 Thanks
    mattyprice4004
    • 1st May 18, 6:24 PM
    • 1st May 18, 6:24 PM
    It IS fit for purpose - it’s a label printer, and prints labels.
    You just bought the wrong item. Surely the product page listed the size of print outs it made.

If you unboxed and used the item, they’re entitled to make a deduction for this.
    • kittyhart
    • By kittyhart 16th May 18, 10:39 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    kittyhart
    • 16th May 18, 10:39 AM
    • 16th May 18, 10:39 AM
    Thanks for your help. After contacting Amazon directly, they are giving me a full refund, I found them very easy to deal with compared to the actual seller - who lacked any form of customer service skills. I won't be buying anything from Amazon Marketplace in the future - not worth the hassle.
    • Svein Forkbeard
    • By Svein Forkbeard 16th May 18, 2:21 PM
    • 483 Posts
    • 1,102 Thanks
    Svein Forkbeard
    • 16th May 18, 2:21 PM
    • 16th May 18, 2:21 PM
    I bet the seller will be glad to hear that!
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
    • unholyangel
    • By unholyangel 16th May 18, 2:59 PM
    • 12,783 Posts
    • 10,102 Thanks
    unholyangel
    • 16th May 18, 2:59 PM
    • 16th May 18, 2:59 PM
    It IS fit for purpose - it!!!8217;s a label printer, and prints labels.
    You just bought the wrong item. Surely the product page listed the size of print outs it made.

If you unboxed and used the item, they!!!8217;re entitled to make a deduction for this.
    Originally posted by mattyprice4004
    Only if:
    1) OP's handling goes beyond what is necessary to establish the characteristics - no argument over that part.
    2) That handling diminishes the value of the item - again no argument
    3) The seller provided the OP with the information in paragraph (l) of schedule 2 in accordance with part 2 of the CCRs.

If they fail on any one of those 3, they can't make a deduction. Im dubious that the seller would have done this given they refused to give any sort of refund rather than offering a diminished one.
    Money doesn't solve poverty.....it creates it.
    • LesCats
    • By LesCats 16th May 18, 7:15 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    LesCats
    • 16th May 18, 7:15 PM
    • 16th May 18, 7:15 PM
    be careful with getting too many amazon refunds, they can and do ban people for this reason, and they don't have to give a reason for it
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

74Posts Today

3,187Users online

Martin's Twitter