Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Dasrokin
    • By Dasrokin 1st May 18, 2:45 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Dasrokin
    Drp letter with no ntk received
    • 1st May 18, 2:45 PM
    Drp letter with no ntk received 1st May 18 at 2:45 PM
    Good afternoon.

Today I received a letter from drp working on behalf of smart parking. My car is registered at my previous address although I own both and collect mail from each property nearly every day, according to smart they sent the ntk to my previous address which they Haven nor did they send up a follow up letter, due to this and drp now being involved my right to appeal seems to have vanished, I've read the newbie section, so firstly a firm abrupt email will be sent to drp telling them to whistle and to refer back their client. I'm stuck on how to appeal now. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Dasrokin.
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 1st May 18, 3:01 PM
    • 63,892 Posts
    • 76,548 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 1st May 18, 3:01 PM
    • 1st May 18, 3:01 PM
    Do you know what, I am fed up with Smart Parking threads where it appears that Smart have gone straight to DRPlus stage. This needs to stop.

Search the forum for Smart DRPlus and then (secondly, separate search) Smart DRP and Smart debt collection and please reply showing us links to ALL the same threads you find, there are literally dozens.

Then, email Steve Clark of the BPA and point him to this thread, with all the links you find, showing there is a huge issue that the BPA need to investigate.

I am really angry about this, you are one of dozens and you can collate the proof!

steve.c@britishparking.co.uk
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • matherine
    • By matherine 10th May 18, 1:06 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    matherine
    • 10th May 18, 1:06 PM
    • 10th May 18, 1:06 PM
    How do I do this, Coupon-mad? Is there a way of copying a list of links, or have I got to go into each thread and copy its address separately??
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 10th May 18, 1:14 PM
    • 37,944 Posts
    • 22,057 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 10th May 18, 1:14 PM
    • 10th May 18, 1:14 PM
    @matherine

You need to start your own thread to discuss your PCN

Hijacking others like this (you have also posted about this in another thread) just confuses!
    • matherine
    • By matherine 10th May 18, 1:47 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    matherine
    • 10th May 18, 1:47 PM
    • 10th May 18, 1:47 PM
    I don't actually want to discuss my PCN! I gave the details on another thread that was trying to compile a list of like cases - mine is a like case. I posted on here because Coupon-mad linked to here suggesting that someone tackle making a list of like cases.
    It always makes me laugh on threads like this how quickly it turns into an argument, but I can totally see why now
    Was going to try and tackle a complaint on behalf of everyone but maybe you will instead?
    • matherine
    • By matherine 10th May 18, 1:50 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    matherine
    • 10th May 18, 1:50 PM
    • 10th May 18, 1:50 PM
    And if I'd started my own thread someone would have put "READ THE STICKY"... which I did.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 10th May 18, 1:56 PM
    • 37,944 Posts
    • 22,057 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 10th May 18, 1:56 PM
    • 10th May 18, 1:56 PM
    COntinuing to post on other's thread like this won't get you any advice!
    • matherine
    • By matherine 10th May 18, 2:12 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    matherine
    • 10th May 18, 2:12 PM
    • 10th May 18, 2:12 PM
    Please Quentin, read what my post was actually about. The only advice I've asked for is details on how to compile a list of similar complaints as suggested by Coupon-mad. Coupon-mad seemed to be saying that someone ought to complain on behalf of everyone to Steve Clark at the BPA rather than just mentioning your own case. I thought I would have a go at that as it seems like a good idea, but couldn't see how to do it without hours of sifting through everyone's cases to see which ones were like mine.
    I'm sure you do a grand job on here and put in a lot of time, but really that was a very snippy reply and you're not actually reading what I was asking. I do not need any more advice on my own case at the moment, as I used the excellent advice already available on here, but felt that perhaps someone should advertise the fact that Smart Parking seem to be developing a habit of not sending out any of the letters they should have before going to the debt collectors. And then I thought well really why not me, it wouldn't kill me to write the email. Now I'm leaning more towards oh god life's too short for this, would be less painful to cough up my fine and never read this kind of stuff again. I am NOT hijacking someone else's thread! I am asking a question relevant to the advice offered on that thread by Coupon-mad! Would be a bit strange to bung it on a new thread where it made no sense at all. Again - I urge you - please read what I actually asked before effectively telling me to shut up and get off.
    Still think it's a great idea to collate similar cases and tell this Clarke bloke, but I don't think it will be me doing it...
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 11th May 18, 12:46 AM
    • 63,892 Posts
    • 76,548 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 11th May 18, 12:46 AM
    • 11th May 18, 12:46 AM
    Still think it's a great idea to collate similar cases and tell this Clarke bloke, but I don't think it will be me doing it...
    Well done for being that person and doing it, a very good start!
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 11-05-2018 at 1:42 AM.
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 11th May 18, 1:41 AM
    • 9,103 Posts
    • 9,491 Thanks
    pogofish
    And if I'd started my own thread someone would have put "READ THE STICKY"... which I did.
    Originally posted by matherine
    Very good. However you seem to have missed the basic posting guide that you clearly confirmed having read and understood as part of your signup.

Pay special attention to the bit about not hijacking other people's threads..!

This is also because your idea is good and really does merit discussion on its own, away from individual cases.
    • matherine
    • By matherine 11th May 18, 7:55 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    matherine
    Pogofish, it wasn't my idea. It was Coupon-mad's idea. I posted here because this is where he/she pointed me when he/she told me about their idea, and I wanted to ask for advice on quick ways of achieving it. I really resent being told I have hijacked a thread when I asked a question on it.
    I get the impression some people on here are so quick to throw their weight around they don't actually read what's going on - go on, have a little look back. Coupon-mad suggested it.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 11th May 18, 9:05 PM
    • 9,328 Posts
    • 12,260 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Pogofish, it wasn't my idea. It was Coupon-mad's idea. I posted here because this is where he/she pointed me when he/she told me about their idea, and I wanted to ask for advice on quick ways of achieving it. I really resent being told I have hijacked a thread when I asked a question on it.
    I get the impression some people on here are so quick to throw their weight around they don't actually read what's going on - go on, have a little look back. Coupon-mad suggested it.
    Originally posted by matherine
    coupon-mad was talking to the OP who started this thread
    which was not you.

SERIOUSLY ...... ONE THREAD = ONE OP

Start again on your own thread and you will get serious replies
    Last edited by beamerguy; 11-05-2018 at 9:07 PM.
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 11th May 18, 9:22 PM
    • 63,892 Posts
    • 76,548 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    But matherine actually did it, and emailed Steve Clark.

Round of applause for starting the ball rolling!
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 11th May 18, 10:08 PM
    • 9,328 Posts
    • 12,260 Thanks
    beamerguy
    But matherine actually did it, and emailed Steve Clark.

Round of applause for starting the ball rolling!
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    OK, so that's good and well done

As c-m knows, I am happy to do the same but my reservation
    is that Steve Clark is simply a puppet in a totally defunct
    organisation not fit for purpose
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,911Posts Today

8,549Users online

Martin's Twitter