Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Tomtwig
    • By Tomtwig 1st May 18, 12:49 PM
    • 7Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Tomtwig
    Attendance notice
    • 1st May 18, 12:49 PM
    Attendance notice 1st May 18 at 12:49 PM
    Hi all, my girlfriend has just received an attendance notice from UK cps.
    The officer was at her old address (parents house) She has seen no letters previous to this, is there anything g we can do?
    She obviously very worried about the threat of a CCJ etc

Thanks in advance
Page 7
    • Herbie21
    • By Herbie21 11th May 18, 12:04 PM
    • 526 Posts
    • 1,068 Thanks
    Herbie21

Lets not forget the original poster (tomwig) and I suspect many others after reading various forums
    Originally posted by twhitehousescat
    I recollect posters asking him to provide details of the letter. I really do hope that he (and anybody else) comes forward.

I will be providing further updates. This is far too important a subject to let drop.
    • twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 11th May 18, 12:06 PM
    • 2,217 Posts
    • 2,675 Thanks
    twhitehousescat
    thank you ,,,,,,,
    Time pretending I was asleep whilst under his desk , has given me insight to this sordid world
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 11th May 18, 2:32 PM
    • 64,149 Posts
    • 76,748 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I will be providing further updates. This is far too important a subject to let drop.
    Originally posted by Herbie21
    Good, I don't think the IPC will be able to sweep this one under the carpet as easily as other issues, and I sincerely hope UKCPS are squirming.

Couldn't happen to a nastier ex-clamper firm so I hope, if they are caught right up in this scandal and Mr Golec wasn't going off-piste on his own, that the mud sticks and they are banned again by the DVLA, or even used as an example and kicked out of the IPC.

Do update us when you can, Herbie21.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 11-05-2018 at 2:34 PM.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 11th May 18, 2:39 PM
    • 2,217 Posts
    • 2,675 Thanks
    twhitehousescat
    the IPC will not sanction UKCPS , they have simply passed the debts on to a debt collector , its the debt collector that need to be sanctioned /fined / closed down ASAP and the specific collectors licence removed
    Time pretending I was asleep whilst under his desk , has given me insight to this sordid world
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 11th May 18, 2:44 PM
    • 64,149 Posts
    • 76,748 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Depends what remit UKCPS gave Mr Golec or what knowledge they had of what he was going to do with the data they passed him. They remain the data processor, with liability.

Data abuse being so high profile, this could get UKCPS in hot water. Hope so.
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 11th May 18, 2:57 PM
    • 2,217 Posts
    • 2,675 Thanks
    twhitehousescat
    when money is concerned UKCPS will just pass the buck , so will the debt collection Co and the debt collector will get the 100 fine and his hands slapped

its a sham
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 11th May 18, 3:06 PM
    • 64,149 Posts
    • 76,748 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I can live in hope that the DVLA will take into account Herbie21's information and that something will be unearthed about the data passed to Mr Golec that (hopefully) implicates UKCPS.

High time they went out of business. I am a glass half-full person!
    • maffb7
    • By maffb7 22nd May 18, 2:20 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    maffb7
    Just received this letter. It was all a big mistake apparently?
    What's next?
    dropbox.com/s/243896uf0x97y0a/Photo%2022-05-2018%2C%2014%2010%2016.jpg?dl=0
    • twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 22nd May 18, 2:31 PM
    • 2,217 Posts
    • 2,675 Thanks
    twhitehousescat
    not acceptable , that letter has been written on the instructions of the IPC , after intervention by herbie

https://www.dropbox.com/s/243896uf0x97y0a/Photo%2022-05-2018%2C%2014%2010%2016.jpg?dl=0

simply not acceptable , we KNOW that this was not a one off , just how much have they collected ?

this settup in the UK stinks

this was done without our knolage shows that they have broken laws ,

cant say any more ,

I refer you to https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=74272027&postcount=117
    Last edited by twhitehousescat; 22-05-2018 at 2:48 PM.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 22nd May 18, 3:35 PM
    • 20,287 Posts
    • 32,020 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    If the visit was carried out without the knowledge or instruction of UKCPS, from where did the bailiff get the information, which was presumably only held by UKCPS?

Why are UKCPS apologising on behalf of the bailiff (especially as UKCPS had no knowledge of the bailiff action in the first place)?

I hope Herbie comes back to the thread to advise to whom you might want to point the above questions (possibly the DVLA, but I don't know whether Herbie is still actively involved?).
    Last edited by Umkomaas; 22-05-2018 at 3:42 PM.
    Please note, we are not a legal, residential or credit advice forum, rather one that helps motorists fight private parking charges, primarily at the 'front-end' of the process.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • waamo
    • By waamo 22nd May 18, 4:08 PM
    • 4,750 Posts
    • 6,142 Thanks
    waamo
    I really must get round to buying shares in whitewash manufacturers.
    This space for hire.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 22nd May 18, 4:12 PM
    • 64,149 Posts
    • 76,748 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Eh? ''We apologise on behalf of our solicitors''? Why on behalf of their solicitors?

Right:

Come 25th May when SARs are free and GDPR takes effect:

- a SAR to UKCPS for all data held/shared about you and your VRN, from the date of the parking incident to date, and ALL communications with any third party, including but not limited to ALL communications and telephone notes about contact with the DVLA and IPC and Sheila of BailiffAdviceOnline and any debt collector or bailiff company and Mr Golec.

- a SAR to the IPC for all data held/shared about you and your VRN, from the date of the parking incident to date, and ALL communications with any third party, including but not limited to ALL communications and telephone notes about contact with the DVLA and UKCPS and Sheila of BailiffAdviceOnline and the bailiff company and Mr Golec.

- a SAR to the DVLA for all data held/shared about you and your VRN, from the date of the parking incident to date, and ALL communications with any third party including anything and everything connecting Mr Golec/his company (or any third party) to the DVLA data. Including but not limited to ALL communications and telephone notes about contact with the IPC and UKCPS and Sheila of BailiffAdviceOnline and the bailiff company and Mr Golec.

Then spot the difference in the SARs divulged, look for the omissions and prepare a formal online complaint to the ICO, about UKCPS and Mr Golec's firm and the IPC and DVLA, with our help.

Flush 'em out. There MUST be a record of UKCPS passing your data to Mr Golec.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 22-05-2018 at 4:42 PM.
    • twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 22nd May 18, 4:15 PM
    • 2,217 Posts
    • 2,675 Thanks
    twhitehousescat
    and lets not forget all info , and hirer , from the debt collection (bailiff) Co , how did they get your info , WHO gave it to them
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 22nd May 18, 4:20 PM
    • 64,149 Posts
    • 76,748 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Yes good point, a SAR to the bailiff company (same requirements, all data stored/received/where it came from and when and from whom, and with what instructions or restrictions).

Four SARS dated 25th May.

• twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 22nd May 18, 4:25 PM
    • 2,217 Posts
    • 2,675 Thanks
    twhitehousescat
    and lets not forget UKCPS are members of the BPA , doing things they have done or allowed to be done on multiple occasions SHOULD result in termination of there corporate status , because they are dysfunctional and lairs and thieves , not worthy of displaying the BPA corporate logo on there signage and letterheads

so a complaint to the BPA as well
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 22nd May 18, 4:27 PM
    • 64,149 Posts
    • 76,748 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    SHOULD result in termination of there corporate status , because they are dysfunctional and lairs and thieves , not worthy of displaying the BPA corporate logo on there signage and letterheads
    Yeah but, there are all sorts of crims running various corporate member BPA firms...and they never get kicked out.
    • waamo
    • By waamo 22nd May 18, 4:34 PM
    • 4,750 Posts
    • 6,142 Thanks
    waamo
    I hear the sound of shredders going into overtime. I will bet that he personal data has been destroyed as it is no longer required and should be kept for the minimum time necessary.

The DVLA will have kept it but anyone else will be going shredder crazy right now.
    This space for hire.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 22nd May 18, 4:37 PM
    • 64,149 Posts
    • 76,748 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Yep which is why one SAR goes to the DVLA.
    • trisontana
    • By trisontana 22nd May 18, 5:15 PM
    • 9,000 Posts
    • 13,880 Thanks
    trisontana
    I note the repeated term "bailiff" in that letter. Were they real bailiffs, or just grubby debt-collectors?
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
    • twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 22nd May 18, 5:19 PM
    • 2,217 Posts
    • 2,675 Thanks
    twhitehousescat
    the person that signed the letter is a certified bailiff , I think the link went back to marsdens as his employer
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,233Posts Today

7,251Users online

Martin's Twitter