Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Tomtwig
    • By Tomtwig 1st May 18, 12:49 PM
    • 7Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Tomtwig
    Attendance notice
    • 1st May 18, 12:49 PM
    Attendance notice 1st May 18 at 12:49 PM
    Hi all, my girlfriend has just received an attendance notice from UK cps.
    The officer was at her old address (parents house) She has seen no letters previous to this, is there anything g we can do?
    She obviously very worried about the threat of a CCJ etc

Thanks in advance
Page 6
    • maffb7
    • By maffb7 4th May 18, 6:27 AM
    • 22 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    maffb7
    This is the company https://ukcps.com. It's only based a short drive away from where I was issued the ticket. Makes sense as the owners live in Garforth, which is a few miles away as well.
    I'll remove his number now and edit my drop box again, if you can remover the other picture please?
    • maffb7
    • By maffb7 4th May 18, 6:30 AM
    • 22 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    maffb7
    dropbox.com/s/uudejzulr7si38q/Photo%2004-05-2018%2C%2006%2028%2040.jpg?dl=0
    • maffb7
    • By maffb7 4th May 18, 6:37 AM
    • 22 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    maffb7
    I spoke to a business owner around the area where I got my ticket and she told me that the local small business's around there sign up with UKCPS and get a fee every time they fine a car owner.
    My fine said I was parked on LARK SPEED land, which is around the corner? I was parked in front of a curry restaurant- Masala hut.
    Last edited by maffb7; 04-05-2018 at 6:38 AM. Reason: Spelling
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 4th May 18, 6:58 AM
    • 19,457 Posts
    • 30,744 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Latest redacted copy of the notice.

The fact that I have commented on your thread does not mean I have become your personal adviser. A long list of subsequent questions addressed for my personal attention is unlikely to receive a reply.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • trisontana
    • By trisontana 4th May 18, 8:29 AM
    • 8,990 Posts
    • 13,861 Thanks
    trisontana
    This thread reminds me of a similar case that surfaced a few years ago involving a company called PS&P, based in Bolton. They styled themselves as "doorstep collection agents". Nothing ever came of their empty threats.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 4th May 18, 9:16 AM
    • 19,457 Posts
    • 30,744 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    They styled themselves as "doorstep collection agents". Nothing ever came of their empty threats.
    But they do have a marvellous collection of doorsteps!
    The fact that I have commented on your thread does not mean I have become your personal adviser. A long list of subsequent questions addressed for my personal attention is unlikely to receive a reply.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Le_Kirk
    • By Le_Kirk 4th May 18, 9:43 AM
    • 3,207 Posts
    • 2,126 Thanks
    Le_Kirk
    Here's the live link: -
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/uudejzulr7si38q/Photo%2004-05-2018%2C%2006%2028%2040.jpg?dl=0
    • trisontana
    • By trisontana 4th May 18, 10:42 AM
    • 8,990 Posts
    • 13,861 Thanks
    trisontana
    Just had a look at Companies House about this company. Formed in 2016, with three active directors, one of which was only appointed last month.

I see that their actual trading name is "Civil Enforcement Agency". I hope they're not trying to pass themselves off as some sort of government or official organization?
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
    • twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 4th May 18, 10:54 AM
    • 1,779 Posts
    • 2,248 Thanks
    twhitehousescat
    Just had a look at Companies House about this company. Formed in 2016, with three active directors, one of which was only appointed last month.

I see that their actual trading name is "Civil Enforcement Agency". I hope they're not trying to pass themselves off as some sort of government or official organization?
    Originally posted by trisontana
    trading as The Bailiff Company , and is a Trading Style of Yorkshire Investigations Limited 2011
    Time pretending I was asleep whilst under his desk , has given me insight to this sordid world
    • Castle
    • By Castle 4th May 18, 12:04 PM
    • 1,900 Posts
    • 2,577 Thanks
    Castle
    trading as The Bailiff Company , and is a Trading Style of Yorkshire Investigations Limited 2011
    Originally posted by twhitehousescat
    There's no such company as Yorkshire Investigations Limited 2011; the 2011 is probably the website date.

More interesting is the fact that "Yorkshire Investigations Limited" was dissolved in 2014, (actually "struck off" by Companies House ).
    https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/06728351
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 4th May 18, 2:04 PM
    • 61,622 Posts
    • 74,510 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    This thread reminds me of a similar case that surfaced a few years ago involving a company called PS&P, based in Bolton. They styled themselves as "doorstep collection agents". Nothing ever came of their empty threats.
    Originally posted by trisontana
    For those who remember the PCN-UK saga back in 2011 and the infamous Ashford Sheridan-Wood, UK Protection Services Ltd (at the time a clamper firm) was a stable-mate of and shared the same pokey office as PCN-UK in Chorley. It also shared personnel.

PCN-UK used to issue the PCNs and the clamper bully boys used to call on recipients to 'collect' the unpaid tickets.

HO87 (who doesn't post now) stated that PCN-UK even took to clamping cars in public streets.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 4th May 18, 2:54 PM
    • 1,779 Posts
    • 2,248 Thanks
    twhitehousescat
    there were a couple of cases last yr / yr before , DCBL visiting people at work , and claiming Court authorized
    Time pretending I was asleep whilst under his desk , has given me insight to this sordid world
    • Loadsofchildren123
    • By Loadsofchildren123 8th May 18, 10:56 AM
    • 2,353 Posts
    • 3,929 Thanks
    Loadsofchildren123
    The fact that he's charging the allowed official rate for EAs is another piece of evidence to say he's impersonating a bailiff.

It is a Criminal Offence to impersonate an Enforcement Agent under the Tribunals Courts and Enforcement Act Part 3
    https://ceaa.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Police-Handout-Feb-2017.pdf
    Although a practising Solicitor, my posts here are NOT legal advice, but are personal opinion based on limited facts provided anonymously by forum users. I accept no liability for the accuracy of any such posts and users are advised that, if they wish to obtain formal legal advice specific to their case, they must seek instruct and pay a solicitor.
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 8th May 18, 11:33 AM
    • 3,429 Posts
    • 4,269 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    If they are an EA, is it still an offence to appear (without saying it directly) to be one when performing debt collection activities such as this?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 8th May 18, 6:36 PM
    • 61,622 Posts
    • 74,510 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    It must be a criminal offence, and I await the updates with interest.

I really hope UKCPS struggle here and that they sanctioned this guy's activity.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • Herbie21
    • By Herbie21 11th May 18, 9:08 AM
    • 526 Posts
    • 1,068 Thanks
    Herbie21
    Would I have to visit the police station or ring 101?
    I can't thank Herbie21 enough, I'm so grateful she's taking the time to help me and hopefully others don't fall for their tactics.
    I really hope something positive comes out of this.
    Originally posted by maffb7
    Just a short update. Just a few moment ago I received notification from the IPC that you will not be pursued for this parking charge. It has been cancelled. Naturally I have thanked the IPC for their input. I will update with any further news.
    • twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 11th May 18, 9:18 AM
    • 1,779 Posts
    • 2,248 Thanks
    twhitehousescat
    Just a short update. Just a few moment ago I received notification from the IPC that you will not be pursued for this parking charge. It has been cancelled. Naturally I have thanked the IPC for their input. I will update with any further news.
    Originally posted by Herbie21

Bill and Ben backtrack ,,, when pinned in a corner

BUT will they be taking any action against this parking Co , will the people responsible for bailiffs actions , take action against the collection company and the agent ?

lets not forget the original poster (tomwig) and I suspect many others after reading various forums

the IPC , just cancels one case because it was brought to there attention via you
    Last edited by twhitehousescat; 11-05-2018 at 9:39 AM.
    • Half_way
    • By Half_way 11th May 18, 10:16 AM
    • 4,273 Posts
    • 6,070 Thanks
    Half_way
    What they (ipc) expect will happen is that this will go away, nothing more will happen, and the ipc, debt collection company and the ppc will carry on as before, with the next victim being an easy pushover
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
    • maffb7
    • By maffb7 11th May 18, 10:32 AM
    • 22 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    maffb7
    Great news, thank you. I hope further action is taken against them to stop further harassment on other people .
    • twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 11th May 18, 11:02 AM
    • 1,779 Posts
    • 2,248 Thanks
    twhitehousescat
    What they (ipc) expect will happen is that this will go away, nothing more will happen, and the ipc, debt collection company and the ppc will carry on as before, with the next victim being an easy pushover
    Originally posted by Half_way
    so true ONE case dropped , we know of several on this forum and other cases on other forums

thanks for helping Herbie , but this looks like a singular coverer up , move along now , nothing to see
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

151Posts Today

1,266Users online

Martin's Twitter