Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sugarbabe84
    • By sugarbabe84 1st May 18, 11:01 AM
    • 256Posts
    • 34Thanks
    sugarbabe84
    Help to buy agent equity loan application
    • 1st May 18, 11:01 AM
    Help to buy agent equity loan application 1st May 18 at 11:01 AM
    Iíve recently reserved a property, had a mortgage offer and valuation done.

Iím now waiting for help to buy to get back to me about the loan application, otherwise the solicitors cannot progress at present. Iím getting so anxious about help to buyís delay. The solicitors are also waiting for help to buy confirmation.

Just wondering if anyone has ever experienced help to buy loan application delays?
Page 1
    • whatdoyouthink...
    • By whatdoyouthink... 1st May 18, 11:32 AM
    • 83 Posts
    • 51 Thanks
    whatdoyouthink...
    • 1st May 18, 11:32 AM
    • 1st May 18, 11:32 AM
    I had a delay in my application, I had to chase the H2B agent a couple of times. The house I bought was a freehold property and the developer left the 'freehold price' section of the reservation form blank as the freehold cost was included in the price of the house. The delay was down to the developers not confirming to the H2B agent that the freehold price was included in the overall cost.

If this is the case with you, I went straight to the sales office in person and explained the situation to the sales guy. I got him to send an confirmation email there and then to H2B and all was sorted a couple of days later.
    • kingstreet
    • By kingstreet 1st May 18, 11:52 AM
    • 34,334 Posts
    • 18,650 Thanks
    kingstreet
    • 1st May 18, 11:52 AM
    • 1st May 18, 11:52 AM
    The ATP should be issued within four working days of the submission of the PIF & Reservation.

Any amendments should be notified to you as soon as possible to give you the opportunity to amend.

Did you do and send a copy of the HTB Affordability Calculator with your submission?
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
    • sugarbabe84
    • By sugarbabe84 1st May 18, 12:16 PM
    • 256 Posts
    • 34 Thanks
    sugarbabe84
    • 1st May 18, 12:16 PM
    • 1st May 18, 12:16 PM
    Thank you both.

The application was first sent on the 19th. Last week it turned out my property reservation form wasn!!!8217;t signed, so they had to return it to the mortgage broker on Wednesday and the developer sent it back to me on Thursday.

I immediately signed it, scanned and returned it on Thursday.

Looking at the email chain, it looks like the mortgage broker company doesn!!!8217;t seem to have any urgency about it, well this administrative assistant in particular.

The developer is the one that actually emailed her today in frustration to find out whether she!!!8217;s actually sent the signed copy to the HTB agent. It turns out she sent it yesterday, despite me sending it back last Thursday.

The rest of the team from the mortgage company have been great. It!!!8217;s just this particular person who seems lax. Unfortunately the broker is one recommended by the developer as they have been working with hem on the specific development.

Exchange is due on the 19th. I hope there!!!8217;s still enough time.
    • sugarbabe84
    • By sugarbabe84 1st May 18, 12:21 PM
    • 256 Posts
    • 34 Thanks
    sugarbabe84
    • 1st May 18, 12:21 PM
    • 1st May 18, 12:21 PM
    I!!!8217;m guessing I!!!8217;ll hear back from the HTB agent on Friday or Thursday
    • whatdoyouthink...
    • By whatdoyouthink... 1st May 18, 12:49 PM
    • 83 Posts
    • 51 Thanks
    whatdoyouthink...
    • 1st May 18, 12:49 PM
    • 1st May 18, 12:49 PM
    Could be sooner. If they were just awaiting the signed copy of the form they may have done all their other checks and paperwork already, they had with my application. You should hear by the end of the week at worst.
    • sugarbabe84
    • By sugarbabe84 8th May 18, 7:13 PM
    • 256 Posts
    • 34 Thanks
    sugarbabe84
    • 8th May 18, 7:13 PM
    • 8th May 18, 7:13 PM
    Finally been given authority to proceed!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,640Posts Today

9,611Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Just sent a text about postgrad loans. My Swype text auto-corrected it to pothead loans. Does it know something I don't?

• Are you an overdraft prisoner? How to escape it! My new blog on ways to get rid of your overdraft... https://t.co/KbJwbWLFQI

• RT @bbc5live: .@MartinSLewis joins @annaefoster from midday to answer your money saving questions. ???? 08085 909 693 ???? 85058 Or post your q?

• Follow Martin