Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • apple muncher
    • By apple muncher 28th Apr 18, 3:41 PM
    • 7,918Posts
    • 59,973Thanks
    apple muncher
    NST May 2018: May the odds be ever in your favour!
    • 28th Apr 18, 3:41 PM
    NST May 2018: May the odds be ever in your favour! 28th Apr 18 at 3:41 PM
    NST May 2018: May the odds be ever in your favour!

However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. Stephen Hawking.

MMM says: If you are one of the 99% of people who is forced to live with only a finite amount of money, you should probably give some thought to how that money is spent. You can buy
    things, like cars and mobile phone plans for your kids, or you can buy freedom, in the form of paying off your debts, saving most of what you earn, and soon being able to choose your own work schedule or even retire early.

Motivation: what is your personal motivation for joining in with the turtles? To get out of debt? Too stay out of debt? To build up savings / an Emergency Fund? FIRE? What is your personal timeline for reaching your goal? If it seems too far away, break it down.

Money: know your income and outgoings. To the penny. Know when every single DD goes out, when the annual payments are required. If you cannot cope with cash in your pocket, only use a card; if, like me, you work better with cash, then use that. Note down EVERY single spend and eliminate the unnecessary ones.

Me time: look after yourself. Get enough sleep; eat well; move; do things you enjoy. Last month we were encouraged to take up a new hobby / revive an old one. Such a good thing to do!

Move: being active benefits your body and your mind. You know that. Now do it. Find your level of activity and crank it up a notch (I’ve recently upped some of my kettlebell exercises from 8K to 12K). Get outside. Play!

Activation: what spurs you on to keep on the path? Does following other threads or blogs inspire you? Dedicate some time each week to expanding your reading and finding ideas that you can use – and please tell us about them.

Arm yourself : you have chosen to follow a path that many mock and despise - that of ridding yourself of debt and financial constrictions in order to be free; free to choose what to do with your money and time, not enslaved to repaying or to other people. Whether you opt to work more or to spend less in order to achieve your goal, stand firm against the naysayers. Stand strong in your personal quest against consumerism and the futility of always acquiring more.

Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. Ralph Waldo Emerson

You. Are you happy in yourself? Know what brings you joy, what cheers your heart, what makes you pause and wonder. Don’t just stop and smell the coffee in the morning; practise stopping and looking around throughout the day. Appreciate what you have. Be grateful.

The Rules:

We start on May 1st and continue to the very end of the 31st.

19 NSD: you have 12 days to spend, so use them wisely, especially with the Bank Holidays and half term this month. Petrol, medications and emergency travel needs are exempt. As are reduced items if that is all you buy.

Foodbank/ charity donation of £5.

Pay to your debt/savings FIRST and live off the rest.

Plan the month: every single day: what you are doing, what you are eating, especially with the Bank Holidays and half term, birthdays, anniversaries.

Check in every day. Short posts, long posts, ups and downs. Turtles are gregarious and friendly, they look after each other and encourage each other out of their shells.

Who will join me on a quest to fight consumerism and the Ferenghi prerogative of 'acquisition, acquisition, acquisition'? Sign up below for a month of debt-fighting, money saving and general turtle fun.

NST November New Yorker #8; NSD 8/15; Ex 6/21 ; craft 42 (196); remove 16 (653)
    2018 Pay off: £4509; 2
    018 sell £55.10; WLOSW 3/10

Mortgage £18,634 (01/14: £78,201; 01/15: £59,629; 01/16: 39,915; 01/17: 27,295; 01/18 23,143) MFWDate Dec 2018
Page 15
    • f0xh0les
    • By f0xh0les 16th May 18, 7:20 AM
    • 1,873 Posts
    • 16,108 Thanks
    f0xh0les
    NSD 8 done and dusted!
    Took out £10 from the bank for c/s spends while DH was in the dentist.
    Came back with £10 in my pocket.
    Sat in the car and read my car book until he was released back into the wild.
    - I have a car book, a bed book, and a massive pile of books still to be read from my massive £15 c/s book haul earlier on in the yearl

Might need some sandwich fillers and a loaf for tomorrow's lunchboxes, but am due a
    £5 Mr M voucher and a
    £6 PA payout is on its way - made £25 already this year on PA for practically no effort.
    £3 T0sc0 cl0bcard money and
    £1 H&B voucher.
    So I could probably do it for £0

It must seem a funny way to think about your food shopping to some people.
    Works for me though!
    Last edited by f0xh0les; 16-05-2018 at 7:21 AM. Reason: I am a sausage fingered numpty
    MFW START DATE May 16 £118,340 : Oct17 - £109,495.00Dec17 £108,800Jan 18 £108,392.98 Mar 18 £108,504.72Apr £108,099May £106,999Jun 105,999.Jul 105,300Aug £103,999 Sept £102,999 Oct 101,999November £101,300.00
    NEXT GOAL is sub £100k before 2019Mortgage-free wannabe 2018 #65
    • greent
    • By greent 16th May 18, 8:06 AM
    • 7,515 Posts
    • 76,256 Thanks
    greent
    Days 14 & 15
    Have been awol as DS3 is poorly with a nasty virus and conjunctivitis.

Motivation: have short/ medium/ long term goals. Paid £220 to BTL mtge yesterday - medium term goal.
    Money: All DDs except gas/ elec have gone out now (just changed suppliers) so all money left is ours... and there is already virtually none left now until the CB arrives!
    Move: mixed results with a poorly DS3.
    Activation: What spurs you on? - Small flebay sale last night of one of DS3's toys - he'll get the money, but I benefit from the reduction in the amount of stuff here
    Arm yourself osted musicmagpie items Monday - waiting for the small payment to come through
    Appreciate what you have. Be grateful.
    * sunny weather
    * the NHS
    * OH's car bill not being as high as expected
    * more line dried washing
    * snuggles with DS3
    Foodbank/ charity donation of £5. - monthly DD to WWT. 2 bags of items donated to shoebox appeal - new bag started HAve also added lots more items to CS bag - will take it there later this week. Also donated some random foreign coins (ie: not euros or dollars) to school collection - they raise money from them

Pay to your debt/savings FIRST and live off the rest. - done Few small extra payments made since. Also took remaining balance from OH's switching c/ac (unused for several months) and paid to CC (just over £65) OP to mtge of £220.

Plan the month: every single day: what you are doing, what you are eating, - sort of - have written in work days, day when collecting DD from uni, DS3's, my mum's, my sister's, my aunt's and bestie's husband's bdays... Am not going to plan food, though).

Check in every day. oops -am checking in sporadically....

NSDs - 5/19 - not one Mon (OH's car bill) nor yesterday
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/10 £104927 01/11 £89873 01/12 £76317 01/13 £52546 01/14 £35356 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    BTL Mtge 12/16 £69786. 2018 OPs (#18) £7127.06/£7500
    Net sales 2018 £718.06/£1000 PAYDOX18 (#15) Done £18918.90
    • thriftylass
    • By thriftylass 16th May 18, 8:55 AM
    • 3,439 Posts
    • 28,545 Thanks
    thriftylass
    Good morning,

might not be an SFD. Need milk, and a few other small bits. Will see if I can hold off till tomorrow.

Struck down with a combination of hay fever and cold again. Was spared most of last year but two years ago had both one after the other or at the same time for about half a year. Please not again. Anyway, was asleep before the kids yesterday and obviously my task list fulfilment suffered . Woke up early today and caught up with some of it. Head less fluffy today so should be more productive.

Have a nice day
    NST Nov in NY
    SFD 7/20 spends 260/430
    Exercise 7/20
    Debt - all 0% 500 to go from 5290
    DFD 11/2018 Mortgage 109343 (04/17) 100504 (11/18) OP 0
    • dolly84
    • By dolly84 16th May 18, 9:19 AM
    • 4,071 Posts
    • 37,611 Thanks
    dolly84
    Having a bit of a nightmare at the moment. Mum fell during the night on Monday, she managed to crawl to the phone in the bedroom and rang me at 3.30am, when I got there expecting to just get her settled back in bed till morning she had fallen face first and had a huge flap of skin and flesh from her face hanging down and was covered from head to foot in blood.

She's still in hospital at the moment but they were saying all day yesterday she would be discharged that day with no care in place. Can't get a straight answer out of anybody and have no idea what I should be doing.

Other than that all is normal. No spending apart from within budget.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler.
    • mothernerd
    • By mothernerd 16th May 18, 9:48 AM
    • 2,580 Posts
    • 27,209 Thanks
    mothernerd
    Hugs dolly84. Just keep adjusting to the situation as you find out more and remember to look after you.
    This year I will be fierce
    NST Nov #1 SFD 6/20 Food£59.03/£180 Travel £3.20/£12 Ent/diy £14/£12 Ext DS3 bed and mattress
    No Debt No mortgage
    • Calling14
    • By Calling14 16th May 18, 1:21 PM
    • 2,755 Posts
    • 19,931 Thanks
    Calling14
    Just popping in and having a quick read.

Dolly sorry to hear about your mother, hope she gets the help needed. How awful for you. hugs. xx

Need to rejoin this challenge in June, keeps me in check. Booked a few gigs which I needn't really to but fed up of being home alone, plus they have been good ones.

Thrifty - sympathize with the hayfever, avoid gorse bushes my top tip !
    LBM 13039 1.1.13 Start 2018 £5552 NOW £1670

PAYDBX 2018 #16 £3882/£5552 DFD 12/18
    E
    Fund #9 £85/£1,000
    1 x 100 days challenge
    £1306/£2276

• crazy_cat_lady
    • By crazy_cat_lady 16th May 18, 6:06 PM
    • 4,120 Posts
    • 35,282 Thanks
    crazy_cat_lady
    Lots of love to you dolly - such a stressful situation.

Lost my nsd today by forgetting my lunch at work so I had to buy a sandwich. Other than that I'm keeping the faith as well as I can. I'm definitely doing better than I was when I first showed my face again so that's good news.
    November in NY #20 NSD = 8 1 debt vs 100 days £328.51/£1685
    DFD #1: 6 Nov 15 - paid £28,447
    • x_raphael_xx
    • By x_raphael_xx 16th May 18, 7:26 PM
    • 3,619 Posts
    • 18,868 Thanks
    x_raphael_xx
    Evening all.
    Not much to report, decent day at work, flying thru my tasks so looks like I'll have a quiet shift on Saturday.

Money: know your income and outgoings. Had a text from the bank today 'Not enough money in your account please pay in before 2:30'. I was indignant that I had money where it was needed.
    Turns out my exam cheque came out of a different account than I was expecting. Funds adjusted.

Me time: Look after yourself. Revive an old hobby. Exam practice. Boxing today, so no practice. Exam has how been paid for, so there is no slacking now!

Move: Had to do the AM walkies today. Not a happy bunny.

Activation: What spurs you on to keep on the path? More 'Extreme Weightloss' on the Youtubes

Arm yourself : Whether you opt to work more or to spend less in order to achieve your goal, stand firm against the naysayers. More surveys.
    Planned spends this month - £20 tattoo deposit. £27 T-shirts for Granmas birthday.

You. Appreciate what you have. Be grateful. Today I am grateful for BF getting home a reasonable time to cook me a delishous curry.

19 NSD: 13/19 NSDs Achieved. Another NSD.

Minimalism: Day Sixteen - 16 items. Went to tidy the carrier bag cupboard, found the house deeds and sorted thru the paperwork. Found lots of bank statements etc belonging to the last owner. She even left her expired passport and her bf's birth certificate! Whole lot of paper scrapped, so counting that as 16 items. Also popped a DVD and 2 books into the charity pile.

Check in every day. Here I am
    Debt Free as of 17/01/2009 Turtle Power!!
    Nov NSD's - 4/20 / Lose weight -10.2 lbs / 22.2 lbs
    EF Challenger #36 £650/£1300
    • apple muncher
    • By apple muncher 16th May 18, 7:37 PM
    • 7,918 Posts
    • 59,973 Thanks
    apple muncher
    Dolly - hope your mum is ok and that decisions get made.

Greent - hope ds3 gets better soon. Who is looking after him when you are invigilating?

Today I am grateful for dh being far less grumpy than of late, for a surprisingly nice email from a difficult colleague, for good pupils, for sorting out an incident quickly, for clearing out some filing cabinet drawers, for taking time to simply stop and enjoy life.
    NST November New Yorker #8; NSD 8/15; Ex 6/21 ; craft 42 (196); remove 16 (653)
    2018 Pay off: £4509; 2
    018 sell £55.10; WLOSW 3/10

Mortgage £18,634 (01/14: £78,201; 01/15: £59,629; 01/16: 39,915; 01/17: 27,295; 01/18 23,143) MFWDate Dec 2018
    • Kerry Woman
    • By Kerry Woman 16th May 18, 8:06 PM
    • 2,528 Posts
    • 24,781 Thanks
    Kerry Woman
    Dolly - Sending you hugs.
    LavenderBee - Thank you.
    NSD: 12/19 Was an NSD today.
    Motivation: To be more mindful regarding spending. This is going to be ongoing. So far doing ok.
    Money: The budget for each category is done.
    Me time: Read some of a book. Did wordsearch and mindfulness colouring. Also lavender oil in the burner.
    Move: Only walked around the school doing errands.
    Activation: To get my spending down to a reasonable amount.
    Arm yourself: Will have to stand strong in my quest against consumerism and acquiring more. Still doing this.
    Donation to charity: Done for the month.
    Grateful for:
    Glad today is over. Stressful time in work.
    For getting a lift by the other temp to near the bus stop of the 1st bus I need to get on the way home.
    For the bulk things in the access area where the gate to steps of the communal bin finally cleared after 2 months.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2018
    Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
    Nst november in new york NSD 7/20
    • mothernerd
    • By mothernerd 16th May 18, 8:19 PM
    • 2,580 Posts
    • 27,209 Thanks
    mothernerd
    Last night DS3 and Beloved were both sat on the couch eating pizza, so I snuck into their room and collected a huge bag of recycling. Managed to get it into the brown bin before today's collection. Just putting that because it's an example of 'doing a little bit more' when I am already tired - hope that these will all add up in the end.

Today spent on taxis to and from crafts (many large bags) but had the foresight to take a pack of wraps and a pack of cooked meat (probably the lamb I cooked for Christmas) out of the freezer at the same time as cooking an early lunch, so I had food ready when I got in. Seems such a little thing but makes such a big difference. Thanks to the freezer reorganisation I did when stocktaking, I realised how many of these meat packages there were (cook a whole joint, slice it up and divide into small packs).

Crafts was busy (for me). Only 5 of us there but I went from one end of the table to the other, then round to the other side of the table (over and over again) helping with 4 different projects. Everyone finished something off and lots of lovely things taken home. I had prepared (a bit) for next week as mum has an appointment at the far side of the borough and I may not get back in time but the people who live on site are going to the zoo so cancelled next week.

Had to wait for my taxi home so put ribbons/ bows/ tape round the hug boxes we had wrapped. Had a little production line going in the last 20 minutes so I could leave the wrapping paper at home next week. Then the noisy one asked if she could have 'a piece' of the turquoise paper - I umrolled it and she kept saying 'a bit more' and in the end I handed over the roll - one less thing in my room. Paper was bought for Christmas and not used.

Very tired now and 'heavy', both my upper arms aching. Have had a snooze but think I will still sleep. Will do a few more extra bits before I settle down to read.

Today I am grateful for lovely weather, for companionship and successfully completed projects at crafts, for yummy food, for feeling relaxed and peaceful and more 'in charge' of my life (still lots to do), for the lovely evening sunshine (the Town Hall is red brick and it glows in the evening sun), for the neighbours going away tomorrow (will be able to sit quietly in my yard).
    This year I will be fierce
    NST Nov #1 SFD 6/20 Food£59.03/£180 Travel £3.20/£12 Ent/diy £14/£12 Ext DS3 bed and mattress
    No Debt No mortgage
    • swimminginaseaofdebt
    • By swimminginaseaofdebt 16th May 18, 9:47 PM
    • 820 Posts
    • 5,105 Thanks
    swimminginaseaofdebt
    Evening everyone,

• 12 NSDs - 7/12
    • Budgets - £250 food and £100 social - £135.07 food and £40.58 social
    • Continue batch cooking for the little one (remembering to include a larger variety of meals) - 3 portions of veggie omelettes, 3 portions of veggie lasagna, 4 portions of butternut squash soup and 5 portions of vegetable curry made. Plan to add risotto, cottage pie and fish cakes to the menu sometime this month too
    • Make an extra £93 through surveys - £62.08 made to date
    • Continue building the full and final fund - £201.27 added to date
    • I'm making up Christmas gift boxes for local disadvantaged children. So far I've done two teenage boys and started on a boy 9-12 months but still more to get for him so I'll continue with that - purchased a lift the flap book for £2.79
    • Plans - safari park and dinner/new avengers movie. Will also allow for a visit to soft play and I need to take the little one swimming as we're holidaying in June and he's never been in a pool - safari park cancelled, soft play on the 12th with friend and her daughter turned into a free teddy bear picnic at the park, food and avengers on the 19th and lunch with work colleagues on 23rd (just remembered!)
    • Read as much as possible - 1 book in progress, 3 books finished
    • Finish my final OU essay for this module - 6 weeks of reading to catch up with first, week 1 still in progress!

Dolly hope things get sorted with your mum.
    SPC11 #564 - £186.83
    SPC12 #564 - In Progress
    • sashanut
    • By sashanut 16th May 18, 11:55 PM
    • 2,978 Posts
    • 27,719 Thanks
    sashanut
    Hi all

Missed yesterday as still a bit under the weather, did read along though. So sorry to hear about your mum Dolly84

Motivation: what is your personal motivation for joining in with the turtles? My motivation is to cut down on the unnecessary spending and pay for some renovations to this property. In order to do this I think we need to be saving money by doing any jobs we can realistically (!) do ourselves. Some gardening today involving getting up a ladder & pruning. Have mislaid key to side gate so restricted as can't get round to front atm, hope I haven't lost it as will have to cut off padlock. Did some cleaning as relatives expected tomorrow but then they rang to cancel, sad not to see them but happy not to have to do any more inside...

Money: know your income and outgoings. All DD bills should have gone out by now and I am going to add up our income, that won't take very long.. so far have done now two grocery shops. Grocery bill so far £57.07. More grocery shopping yesterday, Lidl, CS, & then M&S so spendy day. Need to add up receipts.

Me time: look after yourself. Get enough sleep; eat well; move; do things you enjoy. Sleep not great, eating also not great, slipping back into bad habits... could be better. Emjoy being outside so that's a bonus.

Move: being active benefits your body and your mind. You know that. Now do it. Got out into garden & moved a bit up & down ladders etc. Also then came in & sorted more clothes, this will be a daily task.

Activation: what spurs you on to keep on the path? Have not done much decluttering but have identified some items to sell to a fellow collector. Just need to find out how to price, which will be tricky as rare items & not available so need to research somehow. Got reply from friend re collectables; need to send her some photos & she has a source that she can consult. Sadly also told me she is very unwell with heart trouble. Photographed stuff to send to friend & actually sent them to her, so process started although I don't expect to hear for a little while. Took more photos, will post to try & get more sales. Lady received DVDs & says that she showed one film at the weekend, which she says will increase my DVD sales. Hope not, as I have barely any left. Although DH can make some more, they won't have pretty labels on like the last lot we had done.

Arm yourself : you have chosen to follow a path that many mock and despise - that of ridding yourself of debt and financial constrictions in order to be free; free to choose what to do with your money and time, not enslaved to repaying or to other people. Glad we are not bothered about 'keeping up with the Joneses' - have done that a long time ago but really do not care any more. It's how some people validate themselves & that's fine, but not for me. We are now free from paid work commitments but spent many years getting there, wish it had been sooner. Desperate need of decluttering & getting rid of old lifestyle. Am going to do this so will post progress on here to keep me accountable. Cleared out a couple of shelves in massive fitted wardrobes in bedroom, filled them up with summerish stuff. Need to make sure I try to sell season appropriate clothing, so summer stuff needs to be culled.

You. Are you happy in yourself? Know what brings you joy, what cheers your heart, what makes you pause and wonder. Don't just stop and smell the coffee in the morning; practise stopping and looking around throughout the day. Appreciate what you have. Be grateful. Gratitudes For the gorgeous smell of the white lilac, for clearing a surface in the wardrobe, for writing my successes in an old diary, for the prospect of a nice day out tomorrow.

NSD still 8/19

Check ins: 15/31

Finally done charity donation through euro account. Ten euro to the doggies...
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 . Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE
    • misstara
    • By misstara 17th May 18, 6:40 AM
    • 2,921 Posts
    • 20,655 Thanks
    misstara
    Didn't get round to posting yesterday - it was a spend day (£12.45 on food, toiletries and cleaning stuff) so still on 7/19. I went for a lovely walk in the sunshine after work
    Debt at LBM Jan 2014 £10458.09 Now £0
    New flat debt Jan 2017 £2302.75 Now £513.51 (77.7% paid)
    Car debt Nov 2017 £797.68 Now £767.31 (3.8% paid) + monthly payments £146.82 11/60
    Emergency fund - £50/£1000. Car fund - £37.12/£1000.
    Mini Targets in Octoberr
    Exercise target - 3/16. Groceries target £59.75/£200. NSD target 4/15.
    • Puddleglum
    • By Puddleglum 17th May 18, 6:51 AM
    • 564 Posts
    • 4,640 Thanks
    Puddleglum
    9/19 NSD and nothing much else to report.

Hope today goes well for all especially you Dolly.
    "A thousand candles can be lit from a single candle without shortening the life of that candle."

Pay off debts and save 2018. Time to turn my life around (candle moment).
    • indigowarrior
    • By indigowarrior 17th May 18, 8:52 AM
    • 671 Posts
    • 5,047 Thanks
    indigowarrior
    Oh no Dolly. Hope something gets sorted.
    I have been awol but determined to turn things around. After today I am aiming for 11 nsds except for planned spending. I am still not very well but need to get sorted.
    #545- SPC September No Spend 4/15
    • laurenh1
    • By laurenh1 17th May 18, 9:00 AM
    • 619 Posts
    • 6,753 Thanks
    laurenh1
    Hi all,

Dolly- I am very sorry to read about your Mum. My mum broke her foot very badly a year ago and I know how trying these things can be! It took us a while to get the sort of support we thought she needed.

Sorry I have been AWOL< I was in meetings all day yesterday and I have just been crazy busy. To be honest I need to get focused again. Hub an I have felt a bit deflated recently. It is easy to decide you will live off nothing & save what you can for 3 years in order to buy a house but in reality it is hard to keep momentum going sometimes. We literally do not have two quid to rub together until next week except our house savings. However, it is the dream and I do not really want to give up on it!

Grateful our holiday is coming up in two weeks as I feel we need a break, I am doing what I can to not go crazy on our holiday- tonight I am off for porridge pots we can take with us

have a fab day all
    • dolly84
    • By dolly84 17th May 18, 9:02 AM
    • 4,071 Posts
    • 37,611 Thanks
    dolly84
    Thanks for all the kind comments. Mum is staying in hospital until tomorrow but we are all really struggling to visit as the times are 2-5pm and 6-7pm. How on earth do they think people can manage that, it took me 40 minutes to drive there last night and I only had 20 minutes visiting time.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler.
    • thriftylass
    • By thriftylass 17th May 18, 10:19 AM
    • 3,439 Posts
    • 28,545 Thanks
    thriftylass
    Good morning,

might not be an SFD. Need milk, and a few other small bits. Will see if I can hold off till tomorrow.
    Originally posted by thriftylass

Well it wasn't . Bought milk, kitchen roll,some fruit and fuel. Also bought some tickets for a family festival next month incl camping . This is on the CC just now but will be covered by next month's saving.

Today should be a SFD. Definitely need to do some gardening tonight. Seedlings need repotted or planted out etc. Better get my to do list sorted as I'm home with the kids by myself tonight and need to be organised.

Also still need to do a major task/project list for the house/life which I haven't done yet. Fluffy cold head in the way. Hopefully tonight.

Dolly84 I hope your mum is better soon and you can get the help you need.
    NST Nov in NY
    SFD 7/20 spends 260/430
    Exercise 7/20
    Debt - all 0% 500 to go from 5290
    DFD 11/2018 Mortgage 109343 (04/17) 100504 (11/18) OP 0
    • Kerry Woman
    • By Kerry Woman 17th May 18, 8:06 PM
    • 2,528 Posts
    • 24,781 Thanks
    Kerry Woman
    NSD: 12/19 Was an spend day. Top up food shop, weekly bus pass, tv mag, collection for someone leaving in work and entry fee for charity walk.
    Motivation: To be more mindful regarding spending. This is going to be ongoing. So far doing ok.
    Money: The budget for each category is done.
    Me time: Read some of a book. Did wordsearch and mindfulness colouring.
    Move: Walked from school to bus stop after work and around the school doing errands.
    Activation: To get my spending down to a reasonable amount.
    Arm yourself: Will have to stand strong in my quest against consumerism and acquiring more. Still doing this.
    Donation to charity: Done for the month. Entered a 5k charity walk.
    Grateful for:
    Feeling calmer in work today.
    Getting everything done after work, eg food shop etc.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2018
    Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
    Nst november in new york NSD 7/20
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,324Posts Today

8,156Users online

Martin's Twitter