Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • apple muncher
    • By apple muncher 28th Apr 18, 3:41 PM
    • 7,465Posts
    • 56,223Thanks
    apple muncher
    NST May 2018: May the odds be ever in your favour!
    • 28th Apr 18, 3:41 PM
    NST May 2018: May the odds be ever in your favour! 28th Apr 18 at 3:41 PM
    NST May 2018: May the odds be ever in your favour!

However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. Stephen Hawking.

MMM says: If you are one of the 99% of people who is forced to live with only a finite amount of money, you should probably give some thought to how that money is spent. You can buy
    things, like cars and mobile phone plans for your kids, or you can buy freedom, in the form of paying off your debts, saving most of what you earn, and soon being able to choose your own work schedule or even retire early.

Motivation: what is your personal motivation for joining in with the turtles? To get out of debt? Too stay out of debt? To build up savings / an Emergency Fund? FIRE? What is your personal timeline for reaching your goal? If it seems too far away, break it down.

Money: know your income and outgoings. To the penny. Know when every single DD goes out, when the annual payments are required. If you cannot cope with cash in your pocket, only use a card; if, like me, you work better with cash, then use that. Note down EVERY single spend and eliminate the unnecessary ones.

Me time: look after yourself. Get enough sleep; eat well; move; do things you enjoy. Last month we were encouraged to take up a new hobby / revive an old one. Such a good thing to do!

Move: being active benefits your body and your mind. You know that. Now do it. Find your level of activity and crank it up a notch (Iíve recently upped some of my kettlebell exercises from 8K to 12K). Get outside. Play!

Activation: what spurs you on to keep on the path? Does following other threads or blogs inspire you? Dedicate some time each week to expanding your reading and finding ideas that you can use Ė and please tell us about them.

Arm yourself : you have chosen to follow a path that many mock and despise - that of ridding yourself of debt and financial constrictions in order to be free; free to choose what to do with your money and time, not enslaved to repaying or to other people. Whether you opt to work more or to spend less in order to achieve your goal, stand firm against the naysayers. Stand strong in your personal quest against consumerism and the futility of always acquiring more.

Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. Ralph Waldo Emerson

You. Are you happy in yourself? Know what brings you joy, what cheers your heart, what makes you pause and wonder. Donít just stop and smell the coffee in the morning; practise stopping and looking around throughout the day. Appreciate what you have. Be grateful.

The Rules:

We start on May 1st and continue to the very end of the 31st.

19 NSD: you have 12 days to spend, so use them wisely, especially with the Bank Holidays and half term this month. Petrol, medications and emergency travel needs are exempt. As are reduced items if that is all you buy.

Foodbank/ charity donation of £5.

Pay to your debt/savings FIRST and live off the rest.

Plan the month: every single day: what you are doing, what you are eating, especially with the Bank Holidays and half term, birthdays, anniversaries.

Check in every day. Short posts, long posts, ups and downs. Turtles are gregarious and friendly, they look after each other and encourage each other out of their shells.

Who will join me on a quest to fight consumerism and the Ferenghi prerogative of 'acquisition, acquisition, acquisition'? Sign up below for a month of debt-fighting, money saving and general turtle fun.

NST Survive July #4; NSD 9/15; Ex 13/20 ; craft / (77); remove 29 (509)
    2018 Pay off: £2334; 2
    018 sell £49.10; WLOSW /10

Mortgage £20,809 (01/14: £78,201; 01/15: £59,629; 01/16: 39,915; 01/17: 27,295; 01/18 23,143) MFWDate Dec 2018
Page 13
    • swimminginaseaofdebt
    • By swimminginaseaofdebt 12th May 18, 9:28 PM
    • 774 Posts
    • 4,666 Thanks
    swimminginaseaofdebt
    • 12 NSDs - 6/12
    • Budgets - £250 food and £100 social - £96.99 food and £31.38 social
    • Continue batch cooking for the little one (remembering to include a larger variety of meals) - 3 portions of veggie omelettes and 3 portions of veggie lasagna made. Rooted around the freezer and we're running low on soup and risotto so I'll make some more of that next weekend
    • Make an extra £93 through surveys - £58.67 made to date
    • Continue building the full and final fund - £201.27 added to date
    • I'm making up Christmas gift boxes for local disadvantaged children. So far I've done two teenage boys and started on a boy 9-12 months but still more to get for him so I'll continue with that
    • Plans - safari park and dinner/new avengers movie. Will also allow for a visit to soft play and I need to take the little one swimming as we're holidaying in June and he's never been in a pool - safari park cancelled, soft play on the 12th with friend and her daughter turned into a free teddy bear picnic at the park, lunch with work colleagues on 23rd (just remembered!)
    • Read as much as possible - 1 book in progress, 3 books finished
    • Finish my final OU essay for this module - 6 weeks of reading to catch up with first, week 1 still in progress!
    Pay all debt off by Christmas 2018 #150 - £895.62/£2018
    SPC11 #564
    • Fmess
    • By Fmess 12th May 18, 10:01 PM
    • 2,714 Posts
    • 26,029 Thanks
    Fmess
    Thanks Apple and ccl

Spendy day today, walked the dogs, swam, mowed the lawn, did the shopping and did a five and a half hour round trip to visit my grandad in hospital. Glad to see him and hold his hand and talk to him.
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New Car and Roof Debt £0/£19033
    DecNST #2 SFD 13/15 Food 105/120 Personal 380/350 Petrol 80.01/80
    • sashanut
    • By sashanut 12th May 18, 11:54 PM
    • 2,868 Posts
    • 26,546 Thanks
    sashanut
    Hi all

Motivation: what is your personal motivation for joining in with the turtles? My motivation is to cut down on the unnecessary spending and pay for some renovations to this property. In order to do this I think we need to be saving money by doing any jobs we can realistically (!) do ourselves. Stayed dry so finished painting big shed, looks much better. Then did fence panel, many more to go.

Money: know your income and outgoings. All DD bills should have gone out by now and I am going to add up our income, that won't take very long.. so far have done now two grocery shops. Grocery bill so far £57.07. Another shop today from farm shop as friend round for lunch. NSD today as no shopping necessary. Waiting for paydays which I should have 3 of this month.

Me time: look after yourself. Get enough sleep; eat well; move; do things you enjoy. Good nights sleep, eating not great as made butter chicken curry from a sachet thing I had, for DH really. Then found an OOD curry side dish in the fridge, plus already cooked rice & the end of a naan. Cleared out fridge without sending for a takeaway. Enjoyed being outside & painting, find it therapeutic tbh.

Move:
    being active benefits your body and your mind. You know that. Now do it. Not much gardening movement but plenty of painting in the fresh air.

Activation: what spurs you on to keep on the path? Have not done much decluttering but have identified some items to sell to a fellow collector. Just need to find out how to price, which will be tricky as rare items & not available so need to research somehow. Got reply from friend re collectables; need to send her some photos & she has a source that she can consult. Sadly also told me she is very unwell with heart trouble. Sorted out some things to sell this morning which I will photograph & list tomorrow.

Arm yourself : you have chosen to follow a path that many mock and despise - that of ridding yourself of debt and financial constrictions in order to be free; free to choose what to do with your money and time, not enslaved to repaying or to other people. Glad we are not bothered about 'keeping up with the Joneses' - have done that a long time ago but really do not care any more. It's how some people validate themselves & that's fine, but not for me. We are now free from paid work commitments but spent many years getting there, wish it had been sooner. Desperate need of decluttering & getting rid of old lifestyle. Am going to do this so will post progress on here to keep me accountable. Some progress today as I sorted a few clothes to sell, tip of the iceberg/ Will now iron them before bed so they are ready in the morning, no excuses.

You. Are you happy in yourself? Know what brings you joy, what cheers your heart, what makes you pause and wonder. Don't just stop and smell the coffee in the morning; practise stopping and looking around throughout the day. Appreciate what you have. Be grateful. [B]Gratitudes[/B] For the dogs breaking off my flower bud of one of my tree peonies - rescued it & it has opened indoors, so exotic looking; for sourdough loaves turning out good this time; for the space here & freedom; for (tonight) a heated duvet

NSD now 6/19

Check ins: 12/31

Not done charity donation yet but will arrange asap. Need to do through euro account. Nope. Not done yet but must do - the charity vets bills etc come to 20,000 euro this month & that has cleaned out their account. Can spare a few euro to help.
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 . Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE
    • dolly84
    • By dolly84 13th May 18, 9:01 AM
    • 3,899 Posts
    • 36,136 Thanks
    dolly84
    I had to return my popcorn maker yesterday. We used it on Friday and it fired out scalding hot pieces of unpopped corn which then scorched my floor. Argos took it back with no bother and I'm not making a fuss about the floor as it is quite old now and has several other marks plus the scorches were tiny but we though it might burn us if we carried on using it.

Bought dog food yesterday, called at the library and had a peruse around the CS in town but didn't buy anything. Went cycling later.
    Total Debt 01/14 £13043.00, now £0 debt free date Dec 2016, actually July 2016.
    • f0xh0les
    • By f0xh0les 13th May 18, 9:06 AM
    • 1,545 Posts
    • 12,776 Thanks
    f0xh0les
    Anyone want a slightly used 13 yr old? Grrr..... kids!!.
    They know just what buttons to press don't they?
    Happy Sunday morning .

Today will be NSD 6

Fun filled day of stripping woodchip wallpaper planned.
    Very slow progress.
    Strangely, nobody else wants to help. It's a mystery!

Went into the c/s yesterday at 4pm. There were about 3 pieces of furniture / mirrors I would have bought in a second. But they were all sold already. In fact nearly the whole shop was sold, There was a lovely fire surround that would have fit my bedroom brilliantly. But also sold.
    Oh well, will have to be more vigiliant,
    or volunteer to work there!

I accidently poisoned myself yesterday. Who knew we had coriander (yuk, yuk, yuk) in the same pot as two kinds of parsley. It must have been quite stressed as its leaves resembled the curled parsley, and was trying to put out flowers, so I nabbed them, cut them up and put them in a cous cous salad. Bleugh!! stuff tastes like Fa1ry liquid. 4 of us can eat coriander, so they ate it. It did not go to waste.

Eurovision last night was great fun, but the kids still got up at 6am after a post 11pm bedtime. Not looking forward to grumpy people later - well DS1 and 2 are already grumpy.

Right, my ladder is calling me.

Chin up Turtles!
    MFW START DATE May 16 £118,340 : Oct17 - £109,495.00Dec17 £108,800Jan 18 £108,392.98 March 18 £108,504.72April £108,099May £106,999June 105,999.99
    July 105,300.00
    NEXT GOAL is sub £105k before JulyMortgage-free wannabe 2018 #65
    • greent
    • By greent 13th May 18, 2:42 PM
    • 7,137 Posts
    • 72,665 Thanks
    greent
    Day 12 & 13
    Motivation: have short/ medium/ long term goals. Paid £5 to short term goal today to make up for the change nabbed form piggy bank for car parking
    Money: All DDs except gas/ elec have gone out now (just changed suppliers) so all money left is ours... and there is already virtually none left now until the CB arrives!
    Move: 10k steps achieved yesterday, inc a half hour walk Not today - slept in late and have spent a while cuddling poorly DS3 - whoc is now snuggled up asleep on a sofa
    Activation: What spurs you on? - Boxed up a small amount of books and CDs for MMagp1e - ready to post tomorrow. Only just over £5, but better than nothing. Will pay off CC when monies rec'd.
    Arm yourself :Used freebie vouchers to buy DS3 a reduced leg0 book and minifig (reduced to £2.09) and part of friend's bday present. Used remaining vouchers to buy a top for nephew for his bday.
    You. Appreciate what you have. Be grateful.
    * sunny weather
    * good friends
    * more line dried washing
    * snuggles with DS3
    Foodbank/ charity donation of £5. - monthly DD to WWT. 2 bags of items donated to shoebox appeal - new bag started HAve also added 4 unsold items from flebay listings to CS bag - will take it there later this month

Pay to your debt/savings FIRST and live off the rest. - done Few small extra payments made since. Also took remaining balance from OH's switching c/ac (unused for several months) and paid to CC (just over £65)

Plan the month: every single day: what you are doing, what you are eating, - sort of - have written in work days, day when collecting DD from uni, DS3's, my mum's, my sister's, my aunt's and bestie's husband's bdays... Am not going to plan food, though).

Check in every day.here -

NSDs - 5/19 - not one yesterday nor today - yesterday, 2 x presents, 2 x cards, meal out with friends, car parking. Today - small shop in A1di. Tomorrow will be a scary repair bill for OH's car........
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/10 £104927 01/11 £89873 01/12 £76317 01/13 £52546 01/14 £35356 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    BTL Mtge 12/16 £69786. 2018 OPs (#18) £2772.47/£4000
    Net sales 2018 £542.92/£1000 PAYDOX18 (#15) Done £18918.90
    • Kerry Woman
    • By Kerry Woman 13th May 18, 6:59 PM
    • 2,378 Posts
    • 23,123 Thanks
    Kerry Woman
    NSD: 9/19 Was an NSD today.
    Motivation: To be more mindful regarding spending. This is going to be ongoing. So far doing ok with not doing emotional spending and not spending without thinking.
    Money: The budget for each category is done.
    Me time: Started to read a new novel. Did wordsearch and mindfulness colouring.
    Move: Did not do today.
    Activation: To get my spending down to a reasonable amount.
    Arm yourself: Will have to stand strong in my quest against consumerism and acquiring more. Still doing this. Not being tempted by emails regarding discounts.
    Donation to charity: Done for the month. Looking into doing another charity walk.
    Grateful for:
    Having a good night sleep.
    Went to a remembrance service organised by an hospice. My Mum's name was in the service booklet along with others who had passed away in the last six months.
    Nice weather.
    Managing to get more rest this morning.
    A chilled out evening.
    Last edited by Kerry Woman; 14-05-2018 at 7:36 PM.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2018
    Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
    NST 07/2018 - Survive July! NSD 10/20
    • apple muncher
    • By apple muncher 13th May 18, 8:08 PM
    • 7,465 Posts
    • 56,223 Thanks
    apple muncher
    Today I am very grateful for very good friends, for cake, for dh, for discovering a £5 bab voucher so dd got something for free, for a dry day, for having a relaxing day, for dd + friends having fun with noisy balloons.
    NST Survive July #4; NSD 9/15; Ex 13/20 ; craft / (77); remove 29 (509)
    2018 Pay off: £2334; 2
    018 sell £49.10; WLOSW /10

Mortgage £20,809 (01/14: £78,201; 01/15: £59,629; 01/16: 39,915; 01/17: 27,295; 01/18 23,143) MFWDate Dec 2018
    • LavenderBee
    • By LavenderBee 13th May 18, 8:45 PM
    • 305 Posts
    • 1,553 Thanks
    LavenderBee
    Hmmm, not checked in for a while again!

Budgets looking a bit sad:
    Groceries - 157.36/200
    Personal - 1/23.45
    Diesel - 30/30
    NSDs - 8/19

Pleased with no personal spends this month beyond £1 for hospital parking. Think the fuel in the car will get me to the end of the month as long as I've no unexpected trips. Groceries are tricky as hubby is now home for weekends (hooray!), I can't stand long enough to prep food which means more easier-to-cook stuff that costs more, and I'm shopping for ingredients for batch cooking to be consumed next month (that can be batch cooked without much prep ).

Grateful for:
    - Having hubby home at the weekend
    - Every day that gets me closer to having baby (and not being pregnant any more!)
    - Getting more than 2 hours sleep for the first time in a month
    - Sorting out hubby's mobile contract
    • swimminginaseaofdebt
    • By swimminginaseaofdebt 13th May 18, 9:07 PM
    • 774 Posts
    • 4,666 Thanks
    swimminginaseaofdebt
    • 12 NSDs - 6/12
    • Budgets - £250 food and £100 social - £133.29 food and £31.38 social
    • Continue batch cooking for the little one (remembering to include a larger variety of meals) - 3 portions of veggie omelettes, 3 portions of veggie lasagna, 4 portions of butternut squash soup and 5 portions of vegetable curry made. Plan to add risotto, cottage pie and fish cakes to the menu sometime this month too
    • Make an extra £93 through surveys - £58.67 made to date
    • Continue building the full and final fund - £201.27 added to date
    • I'm making up Christmas gift boxes for local disadvantaged children. So far I've done two teenage boys and started on a boy 9-12 months but still more to get for him so I'll continue with that
    • Plans - safari park and dinner/new avengers movie. Will also allow for a visit to soft play and I need to take the little one swimming as we're holidaying in June and he's never been in a pool - safari park cancelled, soft play on the 12th with friend and her daughter turned into a free teddy bear picnic at the park, food and avengers on the 19th and lunch with work colleagues on 23rd (just remembered!)
    • Read as much as possible - 1 book in progress, 3 books finished
    • Finish my final OU essay for this module - 6 weeks of reading to catch up with first, week 1 still in progress!
    Pay all debt off by Christmas 2018 #150 - £895.62/£2018
    SPC11 #564
    • misstara
    • By misstara 13th May 18, 9:27 PM
    • 2,795 Posts
    • 19,785 Thanks
    misstara
    Still on 5/19 NSDs as keep spending
    Money - bank account is looking very sad. I spent way too much on a girls night out last night, it was a lot of fun though. Today I popped some petrol in the car and also bought some hangover busting food and juice. I redeemed £22.83 from surveys so that should clear at some stage during the week
    Move - went for a short walk today
    Me time - have had a very lazy day other than the walk
    You - grateful for my lazy day, getting a wee bit of fresh air, hm scones
    Debt at LBM Jan 2014 £10458.09 Now £0
    New flat debt Jan 2017 £2302.75 Now £678.01 (70.6% paid)
    Car debt Nov 2017 £797.68 Now £471.72 (40.9% paid) + monthly payments £146.82 7/60
    Emergency fund - £50/£1000. Car fund - £122/£1000.
    Mini Targets in July
    Exercise target - 5/16. Groceries target £150.93/£200. NSD target 5/13.
    • laurenh1
    • By laurenh1 13th May 18, 9:28 PM
    • 516 Posts
    • 5,484 Thanks
    laurenh1
    Hi you lovely Lot

No excuses for not checking in. I am not sure where this week has gone.

I now have £28 in my budget But we have had a fairly spendy weekend. Yesterday was breakfast at our local bakery. Doesn't look like much but croissants to die for & then a car boot. My one year old has left his shoe at nursery (I hope ) but I did get him a pair from the car boot for £1.50 to put him on. they are actually from next and in lovely condition.

Today we missed swimming due to hubs work but took a drive to Kirkby Lonsdale to meet friends. Dinner was a burger from the van I'd have prepped a much better picnic if only I'd known we were going there. (Work called hub on our way to swimming) either way - we have had a lovely day.

Ordered a free just cook spice box this afternoon.really chuffed as I thoroughly enjoyed our last free trial. Looking forward to that arriving.

Free baby group tomorrow in the morning then I need to catch up on so many jobs. the lovely weather keeps tempting me out

Grateful for - seeing an old friend, getting out & about in the sunshine , hub working so hard on the garden & making plans
    • crazy_cat_lady
    • By crazy_cat_lady 13th May 18, 9:38 PM
    • 3,589 Posts
    • 30,785 Thanks
    crazy_cat_lady
    I'm having a mini celebration that I got a nsd today
    And in fact I made money by doing my tutoring session.
    And I got fed for free as we went to visit my mam
    Good day all in all - I just need to get a good night's sleep as this headache is getting to me now...
    June Odessy NSD 6/10 DFD 6 Nov 15 - paid £28,447
    • sashanut
    • By sashanut 13th May 18, 11:37 PM
    • 2,868 Posts
    • 26,546 Thanks
    sashanut
    Hi all

Motivation: what is your personal motivation for joining in with the turtles? My motivation is to cut down on the unnecessary spending and pay for some renovations to this property. In order to do this I think we need to be saving money by doing any jobs we can realistically (!) do ourselves. Not much done in the garden today, but did have a bit of a sort out in the room of doom...who am I kidding...there are rooms of doom....

Money: know your income and outgoings. All DD bills should have gone out by now and I am going to add up our income, that won't take very long.. so far have done now two grocery shops. Grocery bill so far £57.07. Another shop today from farm shop as friend round for lunch. NSD again today.

Me time: look after yourself. Get enough sleep; eat well; move; do things you enjoy. Good nights sleep, eating not great as ran out of time/inspiration etc so made a meal of burgers, chips & beans for DH, I had eggs beans & sweet potatoes which I made into chips - which a)belonged to DD & b) I cooked in her airfryer....also ate biscuits & chocolate bar, bad eating habits creeping back in...

Move: being active benefits your body and your mind. You know that. Now do it. Not much gardening movement today, slaps wrist.

Activation: what spurs you on to keep on the path? Have not done much decluttering but have identified some items to sell to a fellow collector. Just need to find out how to price, which will be tricky as rare items & not available so need to research somehow. Got reply from friend re collectables; need to send her some photos & she has a source that she can consult. Sadly also told me she is very unwell with heart trouble. Photographed stuff to send to friend & actually sent them to her, so process started although I don't expect to hear for a little while, Also photographed a couple of tops and sold one on FB selling site straight away...will post tomorrow & it will spur me on to do more.

Arm yourself : you have chosen to follow a path that many mock and despise - that of ridding yourself of debt and financial constrictions in order to be free; free to choose what to do with your money and time, not enslaved to repaying or to other people. Glad we are not bothered about 'keeping up with the Joneses' - have done that a long time ago but really do not care any more. It's how some people validate themselves & that's fine, but not for me. We are now free from paid work commitments but spent many years getting there, wish it had been sooner. Desperate need of decluttering & getting rid of old lifestyle. Am going to do this so will post progress on here to keep me accountable. Some progress today as I sorted a few clothes to sell, tip of the iceberg. Did iron items - only 2 though - and sold one already on FB selling site. Will do some more tonight after being on here..

You. Are you happy in yourself? Know what brings you joy, what cheers your heart, what makes you pause and wonder. Don't just stop and smell the coffee in the morning; practise stopping and looking around throughout the day. Appreciate what you have. Be grateful. Gratitudes For DH being willing to take tea out in the garden - even though we didn't do it, a step in the right direction; for visit from DD before late shift; for selling at least one item & identifying more to go; for a sunny day & the flowers in the garden.

NSD now 7/19

Check ins: 13/31

Not done charity donation yet but will arrange asap. Need to do through euro account. Nope. Not done yet but must do - the charity vets bills etc come to 20,000 euro this month & that has cleaned out their account. Can spare a few euro to help. Will do tomorrow.....
    Last edited by sashanut; 13-05-2018 at 11:42 PM.
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 . Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE
    • bizzie
    • By bizzie 13th May 18, 11:48 PM
    • 169 Posts
    • 2,031 Thanks
    bizzie
    Update for the weekend - 2 NSDs and very little done other than bare minimum.
    Busy week ahead but have a plan of action (aka a list) mapped out. Hopefully will complete successfully.
    Need to focus on finances, which includes completing "returns" for HMRC / SFE, to get a clearer picture of the year ahead.
    Groceries 90.13/300.00 Personal Spend /100.00
    NST July #19 NSD 6/13 @09/07/18
    Goals for 2018: Balance in
    Self: Health: Wealth :
    • Fmess
    • By Fmess 14th May 18, 5:52 AM
    • 2,714 Posts
    • 26,029 Thanks
    Fmess
    Spendy day yesterday as I dropped my phone and smashed the protective cover, however now my phone is older, the covers are only £1.50 Yesterday I was grateful for my healthy, my friends, my family, my dogs, my colleagues all pulling together when we received some very sad news, the sun shining and getting my aqua aerobics class and lots of gardening done.
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New Car and Roof Debt £0/£19033
    DecNST #2 SFD 13/15 Food 105/120 Personal 380/350 Petrol 80.01/80
    • f0xh0les
    • By f0xh0les 14th May 18, 7:10 AM
    • 1,545 Posts
    • 12,776 Thanks
    f0xh0les
    Yesterday was NSD 6 as planned.
    Only YS bits bought.
    Freezer full of bread, fridge full of green.

Will bake today for lunchboxes and continue my epic battle against the chip of wood.
    will also roast a tray of veg for quick easy suppers and lunches.

The healthy eating thing starts today.
    MFW START DATE May 16 £118,340 : Oct17 - £109,495.00Dec17 £108,800Jan 18 £108,392.98 March 18 £108,504.72April £108,099May £106,999June 105,999.99
    July 105,300.00
    NEXT GOAL is sub £105k before JulyMortgage-free wannabe 2018 #65
    • laurenh1
    • By laurenh1 14th May 18, 8:22 AM
    • 516 Posts
    • 5,484 Thanks
    laurenh1
    Good morning lovely Turtles,

Spent my morning googling Money saving tips for Disneyland Paris in 3 weeks time. Stocking up on cereal bars etc to take over there with us for breakfast and snacks. Taking our own water bottles. I have a budget but I want it to go on fun stuff not juices for the kids at !!!8364;4 a pop.

Just a catch up day sort of day today. Giving baby group a miss to chill at home. I don't feel guilty- the kids haven't had a day round the house with me for as long as I can remember

Hope you all have a great start to the week
    • dolly84
    • By dolly84 14th May 18, 9:12 AM
    • 3,899 Posts
    • 36,136 Thanks
    dolly84
    foxholes - good luck with the woodchip, that stuff is evil.

Need to pop to Asda this morning for some salad and some brioche but should be a small spend.

Ran yesterday and will cycle this evening I think.

About 10 days ago I decided to go plant based with my diet, I suppose it is vegan but without any processed vegan food. I decided this time of year was the best to do it rather than the middle of winter and I am hoping that when winter rolls around again I will have made all the changes and it will all be second nature. It is a bit spendy on the one hand as I needed to stock up on some things but I am buying way less of others so I think it should balance out.
    Total Debt 01/14 £13043.00, now £0 debt free date Dec 2016, actually July 2016.
    • thriftylass
    • By thriftylass 14th May 18, 11:26 AM
    • 3,357 Posts
    • 27,551 Thanks
    thriftylass
    Hello, mixed weekend. Finances not looking good, spend too much on food and drink. But had a great party for DS (and quite inexpensive). Who'd have thought that a bunch of 7 year olds are so easily entertained and tidy. Only found one wrapper on the floor everything else got put into the various bins in the house.

Spend in various shops and had another bbq. Need to stop feeding the masses, although most of the time the friends bring stuff too.

Definitely need to do my week's project and task list as I didn't get a chance this morning and it's affecting my head.
    NST June
    SFD 5/20 spends 474 (incl MOT which I might claw back form savings if needed)/540
    Exercise 5/20
    Debt - all 0% 1015 to go from 5290
    DFD 11/2018 Mortgage 109343 (04/17) 102400 (07/18) OP 0
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

56Posts Today

2,347Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bbcthehour: "Mental health and debt is a marriage made in hell" @MartinSLewis told the Senedd when people are more vulnerable they're m?

• RT @justindeaville: @MartinSLewis I looked it up when we last went. It's ball speed. And it's about O.3 seconds to cross the court. @Martin?

• Amazing how empty the #Wimbledon court is for the mixed doubles even though there's a Brit playing. The bars outside are rammed though

• Follow Martin