Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • apple muncher
    • By apple muncher 28th Apr 18, 3:41 PM
    • 7,680Posts
    • 57,969Thanks
    apple muncher
    NST May 2018: May the odds be ever in your favour!
    • 28th Apr 18, 3:41 PM
    NST May 2018: May the odds be ever in your favour! 28th Apr 18 at 3:41 PM
    NST May 2018: May the odds be ever in your favour!

However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. Stephen Hawking.

MMM says: If you are one of the 99% of people who is forced to live with only a finite amount of money, you should probably give some thought to how that money is spent. You can buy
    things, like cars and mobile phone plans for your kids, or you can buy freedom, in the form of paying off your debts, saving most of what you earn, and soon being able to choose your own work schedule or even retire early.

Motivation: what is your personal motivation for joining in with the turtles? To get out of debt? Too stay out of debt? To build up savings / an Emergency Fund? FIRE? What is your personal timeline for reaching your goal? If it seems too far away, break it down.

Money: know your income and outgoings. To the penny. Know when every single DD goes out, when the annual payments are required. If you cannot cope with cash in your pocket, only use a card; if, like me, you work better with cash, then use that. Note down EVERY single spend and eliminate the unnecessary ones.

Me time: look after yourself. Get enough sleep; eat well; move; do things you enjoy. Last month we were encouraged to take up a new hobby / revive an old one. Such a good thing to do!

Move: being active benefits your body and your mind. You know that. Now do it. Find your level of activity and crank it up a notch (Iíve recently upped some of my kettlebell exercises from 8K to 12K). Get outside. Play!

Activation: what spurs you on to keep on the path? Does following other threads or blogs inspire you? Dedicate some time each week to expanding your reading and finding ideas that you can use Ė and please tell us about them.

Arm yourself : you have chosen to follow a path that many mock and despise - that of ridding yourself of debt and financial constrictions in order to be free; free to choose what to do with your money and time, not enslaved to repaying or to other people. Whether you opt to work more or to spend less in order to achieve your goal, stand firm against the naysayers. Stand strong in your personal quest against consumerism and the futility of always acquiring more.

Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. Ralph Waldo Emerson

You. Are you happy in yourself? Know what brings you joy, what cheers your heart, what makes you pause and wonder. Donít just stop and smell the coffee in the morning; practise stopping and looking around throughout the day. Appreciate what you have. Be grateful.

The Rules:

We start on May 1st and continue to the very end of the 31st.

19 NSD: you have 12 days to spend, so use them wisely, especially with the Bank Holidays and half term this month. Petrol, medications and emergency travel needs are exempt. As are reduced items if that is all you buy.

Foodbank/ charity donation of £5.

Pay to your debt/savings FIRST and live off the rest.

Plan the month: every single day: what you are doing, what you are eating, especially with the Bank Holidays and half term, birthdays, anniversaries.

Check in every day. Short posts, long posts, ups and downs. Turtles are gregarious and friendly, they look after each other and encourage each other out of their shells.

Who will join me on a quest to fight consumerism and the Ferenghi prerogative of 'acquisition, acquisition, acquisition'? Sign up below for a month of debt-fighting, money saving and general turtle fun.

NST September Sunshine #4; NSD 8/21; Ex 8/21 ; craft 7 (121); remove 32 (621)
    2018 Pay off: £3437; 2
    018 sell £49.10; WLOSW 1/10

Mortgage £19,614 (01/14: £78,201; 01/15: £59,629; 01/16: 39,915; 01/17: 27,295; 01/18 23,143) MFWDate Dec 2018
Page 11
    • swimminginaseaofdebt
    • By swimminginaseaofdebt 9th May 18, 7:50 PM
    • 815 Posts
    • 5,074 Thanks
    swimminginaseaofdebt
    • 12 NSDs - 6/12
    • Budgets - £250 food and £100 social - £89.74 food and £7.60 social
    • Continue batch cooking for the little one (remembering to include a larger variety of meals) - 3 portions of veggie omelettes and 3 portions of veggie lasagna made. Rooted around the freezer and we're running low on soup and risotto so I'll make some more of that next weekend
    • Make an extra £93 through surveys - £48.69 made to date
    • Continue building the full and final fund - £47.93 added to date
    • I'm making up Christmas gift boxes for local disadvantaged children. So far I've done two teenage boys and started on a boy 9-12 months but still more to get for him so I'll continue with that
    • Plans - safari park and dinner/new avengers movie. Will also allow for a visit to soft play and I need to take the little one swimming as we're holidaying in June and he's never been in a pool - safari park cancelled, soft play on the 12th with friend and her daughter, lunch with work colleagues on 23rd (just remembered!)
    • Read as much as possible - 1 book in progress, 2 books finished
    • Finish my final OU essay for this module
    Debt 1 - £182.93/£2538
    SPC11 #564
    • crazy_cat_lady
    • By crazy_cat_lady 9th May 18, 8:48 PM
    • 3,882 Posts
    • 33,139 Thanks
    crazy_cat_lady
    Evening all
    I'm only just settling down for the night - and I've lost my nsd due to poor planning. I gave in and got takeaway for the kids for dinner. I was late at work tonight as it was Parents Evening, and then I had a meeting with a lovely lady who is going to look after the cats for me in a couple of weeks when I'm away with the kids. By the time that was done it was after 8pm and the last thing I could be bothered with was preparing dinner - I have a load of other bits that I need to do around the house. Putting the bins out, load of washing, dishes etc and I still want an early night.
    Sunshine September #12 NSD 7 1 debt vs 100 days £262.01/£1685
    DFD #1: 6 Nov 15 - paid £28,447
    • x_raphael_xx
    • By x_raphael_xx 9th May 18, 9:11 PM
    • 3,580 Posts
    • 18,567 Thanks
    x_raphael_xx
    Off to boxing straight from work today. Had to miss it last couple of weeks due to one thing or another.
    I did get a concerned text from my step-dad when I got out from boxing, "Everything okay? You missed mums b'day"
    I NEVER forget birthdays! But work has been so crazy lately it seems like I've just worked and slept! Mum wasn't worried about a card or present, just more worried something had happened for me not to send a card.
    I rang her as soon as I got back home, I feel like a horrible child!

Money: know your income and outgoings. Still haven't spent!

Me time: Look after yourself. Revive an old hobby. Exam practice. No practice today, but its a valid excuse as I had boxing.

Move: Boxing today, punching is fun

Activation: What spurs you on to keep on the path? Still more podcasts. I'm listening to a few fitness ones who are chatting about running and marathons at the moment.

Arm yourself : Whether you opt to work more or to spend less in order to achieve your goal, stand firm against the naysayers. Chipping away at surveys. I aim to do at least one a day.
    Planned spends this month - £20 tattoo deposit.

You. Appreciate what you have. Be grateful. Today I am grateful that work still seems to be calmer.

19 NSD: 9/19 NSDs Achieved.

Minimalism: Day Nine - 9 items. Nice easy one today, 9 old magazines. It is getting tougher as the numbers increase.

Check in every day. Here I am
    Debt Free as of 17/01/2009 Turtle Power!!
    Sept NSD's - 0/20 / Lose weight 1 lbs / 50 lbs
    EF Challenger #36 £000/£1500
    • sashanut
    • By sashanut 9th May 18, 11:57 PM
    • 2,923 Posts
    • 27,102 Thanks
    sashanut
    Hi all

Motivation:
    what is your personal motivation for joining in with the turtles? My motivation is to cut down on the unnecessary spending and pay for some renovations to this property. In order to do this I think we need to be saving money by doing any jobs we can realistically (!) do ourselves. Cut the grass front & back, not what I call gardening but exercise & not too difficult, also saved money by doing it.

Money: know your income and outgoings. All DD bills should have gone out by now and I am going to add up our income, that won't take very long.. so far have done now two grocery shops, . Grocery bill so far £57.07. NSD today.

Me time: look after yourself. Get enough sleep; eat well; move; do things you enjoy. Good nights sleep, eating fairly good, moving by cutting the grass, enjoyed visit from friend this afternoon.

Move: being active benefits your body and your mind. You know that. Now do it. Moving by cutting grass, its a fair workout.

Activation: what spurs you on to keep on the path? Have not done much decluttering but have identified some items to sell to a fellow collector. Just need to find out how to price, which will be tricky as rare items & not available so need to research somehow. Garden looking better, have decluttering ideas for selling (DH says skip...) DD listed some of her stuff & actually sold a couple of things..

Arm yourself :
    you have chosen to follow a path that many mock and despise - that of ridding yourself of debt and financial constrictions in order to be free; free to choose what to do with your money and time, not enslaved to repaying or to other people. Glad we are not bothered about 'keeping up with the Joneses' - have done that a long time ago but really do not care any more. It's how some people validate themselves & that's fine, but not for me. We are now free from paid work commitments but spent many years getting there, wish it had been sooner. Desperate need of decluttering & getting rid of old lifestyle. Am going to do this so will post progress on here to keep me accountable

You. Are you happy in yourself? Know what brings you joy, what cheers your heart, what makes you pause and wonder. Don't just stop and smell the coffee in the morning; practise stopping and looking around throughout the day. Appreciate what you have. Be grateful. Gratitudes For spotting not one - but two - tree peonies just flowering in the garden; for DDs car passing its MOT with no work needing to be done, just love our Hondas; for friends visit and easy supper..

NSD now 5/19 so far

Check ins: 9/31

Not done charity donation yet but will arrange asap. Need to do through euro account.

Tried to register on Photobucket dolly84 but it threw me off 3 times as it didn't like my user name. Will not let it beat me..

New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 . Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE
    • Fmess
    • By Fmess 10th May 18, 6:25 AM
    • 2,750 Posts
    • 26,388 Thanks
    Fmess
    Morning all,

Not a SFD as had to pay for SW and chocolate for school. Went swimming, walked the dogs and lost 1lb, so I!!!8217;m happy about that Today is a long day at school so no swimming and lots of marking to do tonight
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New Car and Roof Debt £0/£19033
    DecNST #2 SFD 13/15 Food 105/120 Personal 380/350 Petrol 80.01/80
    • f0xh0les
    • By f0xh0les 10th May 18, 6:57 AM
    • 1,691 Posts
    • 14,428 Thanks
    f0xh0les
    Today will be NSD 4 I think.

Well, I have everything I need.

All shelves sorted and tv on them and looks fab.
    Coat rack back up so all the coats back on the wall and off the sofa.

Packed away all gloves, hats and scarfs until October/November and stored.

Need to put all the fronts of light switches and plug sockets back on, and fix DS1s bedroom door handle thing, but where did I put all those screws????

Grateful for anti-histamines - my eyes are itching out of my head!!- a tidy living room, DH rolling home after his evening in a beer gairden with work collegues in a happy mood, DS3 having a great time at the seaside with school.
    • thriftylass
    • By thriftylass 10th May 18, 10:24 AM
    • 3,381 Posts
    • 27,788 Thanks
    thriftylass
    Good morning,

yesterday remained an SFD. Quite productive evening, the usual chores plus filling party bags, making some paper craft for the party on Saturday and I started on the conservatory (my major bugbear) . I broke it down into 12 little tasks and did half (the smaller ones). What a difference already.

This morning I got up earlier than usual and rather than just getting up and getting every body else organised before I get the kids up, I sat down with a coffee and organised myself. My head feels better for it. Should definitely make that a habit. Why haven't I done this before? (well I did to a degree but not right somehow)

Also my boss came round my office last night and we had a wee chat. She was wondering if I was ok and how I was getting on. She is very encouraging and supportive while giving constructive criticism without putting you down. Another weight of my shoulders/worry out of my mind.

And the sun is shining and we have a whopping 12 degrees. Must be Scottish summer

Today won't be a SFD as I need to go shopping for party food items and cake ingredients. Also did the shopping list for the big shop and will combine them and can then hopefully stay out of the shops for a few days.
    Last edited by thriftylass; 10-05-2018 at 10:36 AM.
    NST Sept
    SFD 4/20 spends ?!?!?/460
    Exercise 3/20
    Debt - all 0% 1200 to go from 5290
    DFD 11/2018 Mortgage 109343 (04/17) 102117 (09/18) OP 0
    • indigowarrior
    • By indigowarrior 10th May 18, 4:39 PM
    • 671 Posts
    • 5,045 Thanks
    indigowarrior
    Quite a few spend days. Tomorrow will be as well. Then I am done for a week. (hopefully)
    #545- SPC September No Spend 4/15
    • crazy_cat_lady
    • By crazy_cat_lady 10th May 18, 6:40 PM
    • 3,882 Posts
    • 33,139 Thanks
    crazy_cat_lady
    Quick check in from me tonight. It's been another busy, but productive day at work. I've managed a nsd as well, and prepared a healthy dinner from scratch since I got home. Got to take the good days when they come...
    Sunshine September #12 NSD 7 1 debt vs 100 days £262.01/£1685
    DFD #1: 6 Nov 15 - paid £28,447
    • Kerry Woman
    • By Kerry Woman 10th May 18, 7:26 PM
    • 2,452 Posts
    • 23,904 Thanks
    Kerry Woman
    NSD: 8/19 NSD achieved today.
    Motivation: To be more mindful regarding spending. This is going to be ongoing. So far doing ok with not doing emotional spending and not spending without thinking.
    Money: The budget for each category is done.
    Me time: Just read 2 of my books(finished reading the self care book), wordsearch and mindfulness colouring.
    Move: Walked from bus stop to work today and walking around school doing errands.
    Activation: To get my spending down to a reasonable amount.
    Arm yourself: Will have to stand strong in my quest against consumerism and acquiring more. Still doing this. Not being tempted by emails regarding discounts.
    Donation to charity: Done for the month. Bag of items put aside for charity shop. Have put another item into the bag for the charity shop.
    You.
    Grateful for:
    Achieving what I could in work.
    Having a laugh in work.
    Good night sleep.
    Using up some samples this morning.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2018
    Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
    NST September: Sunshine Challenge NSD 13/20
    • apple muncher
    • By apple muncher 10th May 18, 7:31 PM
    • 7,680 Posts
    • 57,969 Thanks
    apple muncher
    Well done ccl.

Today I am grateful for primarni having what I needed for dd, for spocksavers adjusting my specs, for a good catch up with a great colleague, for a school lunch (!), for somehow impressing the y8 and 9s with my knowledge and bowling in rounders, for finding myself another ring I like after dh 'cleaned up' the other one and ruined it(to the extent that I think that a good coat of 'plasticoat' spray paint is the only way to make it wearable!), for yummy sausages for tea, for evening birdsong.

Mortgage £19,614 (01/14: £78,201; 01/15: £59,629; 01/16: 39,915; 01/17: 27,295; 01/18 23,143) MFWDate Dec 2018
    • x_raphael_xx
    • By x_raphael_xx 10th May 18, 8:11 PM
    • 3,580 Posts
    • 18,567 Thanks
    x_raphael_xx
    Evening all. Just a quick update for me tonight.

Money: know your income and outgoings. Spreadsheet updated with paid DD's

Me time: Look after yourself. Revive an old hobby. Exam practice. No practice today MIL and SIL popped round for a cuppa so I started cleaning as soon as I got home from work. Haven't seen MIL since her diagnosis, she's looking very thin, as she's having difficulty eating.

Move: Just the pups walkies. Did have to do both the am and pm strolls as BF went off to Wales early this morning. I hate the morning walkies I need a nice gentle long awakening in the mornings, not rushing around and out the house.

Activation: What spurs you on to keep on the path? Still more podcasts.

Arm yourself : Whether you opt to work more or to spend less in order to achieve your goal, stand firm against the naysayers. Chipping away at surveys.
    Planned spends this month - £20 tattoo deposit.

You. Appreciate what you have. Be grateful. Today I am grateful for a cuppa and a nice chat with MIL.

19 NSD: 9/19 NSDs Achieved. Spend day today. First one of the month. BF picked up two bags of topsoil to finish Donnas run. £3.98.

Minimalism: Day Ten - 10 items. Holey pants, chewed up dog toy & 8 of BFs magazines (with his permission. He's had them for about a year, and they are still in the celophane)

Check in every day. Here I am
    Debt Free as of 17/01/2009 Turtle Power!!
    Sept NSD's - 0/20 / Lose weight 1 lbs / 50 lbs
    EF Challenger #36 £000/£1500
    • bizzie
    • By bizzie 10th May 18, 9:47 PM
    • 181 Posts
    • 2,158 Thanks
    bizzie
    Spending on some bits that were needed for dinner and a top up of tissues - all seem to be suffering with sniffles of the hay fever type not nice.
    Grateful for another lovely day weather wise, friendly work colleagues and the weekend in sight.
    Groceries 156.10/300.00 Personal Spend /100.00
    NST September #22 NSD 9/15 @16/09/18
    Goals for 2018: Balance in
    Self: Health: Wealth :
    • swimminginaseaofdebt
    • By swimminginaseaofdebt 10th May 18, 10:04 PM
    • 815 Posts
    • 5,074 Thanks
    swimminginaseaofdebt
    • 12 NSDs - 6/12
    • Budgets - £250 food and £100 social - £96.99 food and £17.38 social
    • Continue batch cooking for the little one (remembering to include a larger variety of meals) - 3 portions of veggie omelettes and 3 portions of veggie lasagna made. Rooted around the freezer and we're running low on soup and risotto so I'll make some more of that next weekend
    • Make an extra £93 through surveys - £48.69 made to date
    • Continue building the full and final fund - £194.80 added to date
    • I'm making up Christmas gift boxes for local disadvantaged children. So far I've done two teenage boys and started on a boy 9-12 months but still more to get for him so I'll continue with that
    • Plans - safari park and dinner/new avengers movie. Will also allow for a visit to soft play and I need to take the little one swimming as we're holidaying in June and he's never been in a pool - safari park cancelled, soft play on the 12th with friend and her daughter, lunch with work colleagues on 23rd (just remembered!)
    • Read as much as possible - 3 books finished
    • Finish my final OU essay for this module
    Debt 1 - £182.93/£2538
    SPC11 #564
    • misstara
    • By misstara 10th May 18, 11:11 PM
    • 2,872 Posts
    • 20,323 Thanks
    misstara
    Sorry I've not posted for almost a week

NSDs - 5/19
    Money - budgets are not looking too healthy Food - £120.65/£200 with 3 weeks still to go social/personal - £166.14/£180 and petrol - £29.98/£60
    Move - managed a few nice walks this week
    Me time - time spent in the garden, reading
    Arm yourself - did 2 short shifts for 2nd jobs, been doing some surveys
    Debt at LBM Jan 2014 £10458.09 Now £0
    New flat debt Jan 2017 £2302.75 Now £570.94 (75.2% paid)
    Car debt Nov 2017 £797.68 Now £406.58 (49% paid) + monthly payments £146.82 9/60
    Emergency fund - £77.04/£1000. Car fund - £240/£1000.
    Mini Targets in September
    Exercise target - 2/16. Groceries target £74.23/£200. NSD target 6/20.
    • mothernerd
    • By mothernerd 10th May 18, 11:42 PM
    • 2,498 Posts
    • 26,092 Thanks
    mothernerd
    Not much sleep but woke at 6.15 so had pills, breakfast and bath etc and had all the shopping done in under 20 minutes (back to Icyland to buy choc ices and cones for mum, stuff for her garden (did an online order last night but hey would only allow me to have one block of coir compost delivered and one item was not in stock at the warehouse but I knew the local store had one left. Have bought a few items including a tiny triceratops, as I knew I would need a taxi to the therapist appointment (caught the little bus back).

Good session with the therapist going through my homework (values ie what's important to me rather than goals to achieve). Had a slightly rocky fortnight due to mum's health scare and my days being changed round and also several days when I could not stay awake (could be illnesses, medication - especially hayfever meds, the heat or a combination).

Discussed the prioritising methods I outlined yesterday. Explaine dhow I had sorted my embroidery work load (two items to sew up, 2 to be working on, 2 others that are only needed for later in the year and one long term project. All other items, from just started to near completion have been put away. All my focus is on those few projects.

Have done similar with crafts, identified 6/7 projects we will work on over the next 2 months, have a list of other ideas (and still need to get the 'craft stuff' under control). Now I need to do the same thing with a couple of other areas of my life but keep it manageable - maybe do things like checking before I leave a room for 3 things to put away/ take with me if they don't belong in that room.

Had lunch when I got in. Felt guilty about it until I realised it was 5 hours since I had eaten. Had a short rest then put together the package for the poorly person (chronic illness but suffered a setback this week and feeling that all her hard work over the last year was in vain) then went out to buy a jiffy bag and post it. Lots of bits out of the house but have made more mess pulling out boxes to go through - spent an hour or two going through threads, untangling knots and getting part used skeins onto 'bobbins' and all properly labelled (and logged in - did this a while ago but some have been used and more have been bought). Should make it easier going forward as I can refer to the list instead of trawling through the drawers of threads trying to find them.

Today I am grateful for my therapist, for getting the shopping out of the way early when there was lots of shade, for all the benches dotted around the town centre and for toilets at the infirmary, for finding just what I needed (tiny triceratops) to put the finishing touch to my parcel.
    This year I will be fierce
    NST Sep #14 SFD 2 /15 Food £98.30/£200 Travel 99.80/£15 Ent/diy £0/£30 Ext wedding stuff
    No Debt No mortgage
    • sashanut
    • By sashanut 10th May 18, 11:51 PM
    • 2,923 Posts
    • 27,102 Thanks
    sashanut
    Hi all

Motivation: what is your personal motivation for joining in with the turtles? My motivation is to cut down on the unnecessary spending and pay for some renovations to this property. In order to do this I think we need to be saving money by doing any jobs we can realistically (!) do ourselves. Discussed with DH further weed killing ventures, swept some of enclosed garden walls where the paint is flaking off (cross about this as only done last year). Resolved not to use Wilk*s cheapo paint again, but have found some brilliant white Sandtex. Don't want the walls brilliant white but hopefully will be a good base coat..

Money: know your income and outgoings. All DD bills should have gone out by now and I am going to add up our income, that won't take very long.. so far have done now two grocery shops. Grocery bill so far £57.07. Another shop today from farm shop as friend round for lunch. Will check receipt when I get it, will not be an NSD tomorrow either as have hairdressers - which is near to other shops so I will pop in. It's like supermarket sweep to see if I can get into Ald*, M&S & HB and get to apt by 10am...

Me time: look after yourself. Get enough sleep; eat well; move; do things you enjoy. Good nights sleep, apart from dogs barking at 6am, eating fairly good, moving by getting into garden for half an hour, enjoyed visit from friend this afternoon, he must like it too as he always arrives at 12.30 & leaves 5 hours later..

Move: being active benefits your body and your mind. You know that. Now do it. Moving by weeding in garden. took big weed trolley up to compost heaps. Fresh air lovely..

Activation: what spurs you on to keep on the path? Have not done much decluttering but have identified some items to sell to a fellow collector. Just need to find out how to price, which will be tricky as rare items & not available so need to research somehow. Not done much today as spent morning cleaning up then visit all afternoon. DD provided us with the clothes she sold for us to post... not daft eh.

Arm yourself : you have chosen to follow a path that many mock and despise - that of ridding yourself of debt and financial constrictions in order to be free; free to choose what to do with your money and time, not enslaved to repaying or to other people. Glad we are not bothered about 'keeping up with the Joneses' - have done that a long time ago but really do not care any more. It's how some people validate themselves & that's fine, but not for me. We are now free from paid work commitments but spent many years getting there, wish it had been sooner. Desperate need of decluttering & getting rid of old lifestyle. Am going to do this so will post progress on here to keep me accountable. No progress today but have a pile of DH polo shirts he no longer wears to go.

You. Are you happy in yourself? Know what brings you joy, what cheers your heart, what makes you pause and wonder. Don't just stop and smell the coffee in the morning; practise stopping and looking around throughout the day. Appreciate what you have. Be grateful. Gratitudes For entertaining afternoon with friend, for DH making the food for lunch, for progress in the garden, for the antics of the kitty ...and for DD going to her own home for at least a couple of nights

NSD still 5/19 so far

Check ins: 10/31

Not done charity donation yet but will arrange asap. Need to do through euro account. Nope.
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 . Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE
    • Fmess
    • By Fmess 11th May 18, 5:52 AM
    • 2,750 Posts
    • 26,388 Thanks
    Fmess
    SFD number 4 yesterday. Lots of work done and a dog walk. Not much else to report.
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New Car and Roof Debt £0/£19033
    DecNST #2 SFD 13/15 Food 105/120 Personal 380/350 Petrol 80.01/80
    • Puddleglum
    • By Puddleglum 11th May 18, 6:49 AM
    • 561 Posts
    • 4,630 Thanks
    Puddleglum
    NSD 6/19 so far. Saturday may be the next one. £3.50 has gone into charity boxes. Courses, exam marking and hobbies are ticking along nicely. Detox is ok but I'm running out of veggies again!
    "A thousand candles can be lit from a single candle without shortening the life of that candle."

Pay off debts and save 2018. Time to turn my life around (candle moment).
    • apple muncher
    • By apple muncher 11th May 18, 6:52 AM
    • 7,680 Posts
    • 57,969 Thanks
    apple muncher
    Fmess - you are up rather early?!

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

179Posts Today

1,443Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Dora_Haf: @MartinSLewis So many people on here saying they're great until you get your PROPER job. What if Your proper job Is ON zero?

• RT @hslt88: @MartinSLewis I?m a trustee for a youth charity. We only have a limited pool of funds for flexible youth workers for holiday sc?

• RT @Dan_i_elle_88: @MartinSLewis Loved working zero hour agency care work. Never out of work and I loved having the flexibility! Only left?

• Follow Martin