Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • veryintrigued
    • By veryintrigued 27th Apr 18, 6:10 PM
    • 2,444Posts
    • 1,903Thanks
    veryintrigued
    TSB credit card monthly direct debit not taken today
    • 27th Apr 18, 6:10 PM
    TSB credit card monthly direct debit not taken today 27th Apr 18 at 6:10 PM
    Just in case others are experiencing the same as some of us and don't look at the Banking section of this forum.

Presumably linked to the movements of TSB Banking platform this last week.

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=74214589&postcount=463
Page 5
    • pochisoldi
    • By pochisoldi 7th Jun 18, 1:27 PM
    • 125 Posts
    • 77 Thanks
    pochisoldi
    Shame they haven't extended the 1% cashback beoyond this month as a gesture of goodwill similar to moving the plus account interest from 3% to 5% so the card will not be used after this month end
    Originally posted by Mr Goodkat
    I don't think they'll give credit card account holders or mortgage account holders anything, on the basis that credit card accounts are "here today, gone tomorrow" and the absence of online mortgage accounts is hardly a game changer.

My TSB current accounts will stay open as savings accounts provided they pay a decent rate of interest, but I won't be opening another account unless it has a significant advantage over any other providers offer.

Sabadell and Pester have destroyed the TSB brand

PochiSoldi
    • Dobbibill
    • By Dobbibill 7th Jun 18, 2:25 PM
    • 3,258 Posts
    • 4,178 Thanks
    Dobbibill
    My DD has finally gone out today too.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Energy, Student Money Saving, UK Armed Forces and
    Local Money Saving - Wales boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

It's not about being the best -
    It's about being better than you were yesterday.
    • veryintrigued
    • By veryintrigued 11th Jun 18, 9:08 PM
    • 2,444 Posts
    • 1,903 Thanks
    veryintrigued
    My account has been credited with 25 in the last four hours.

It's listed as COMPENSATION
    • Dobbibill
    • By Dobbibill 11th Jun 18, 9:31 PM
    • 3,258 Posts
    • 4,178 Thanks
    Dobbibill
    My account has been credited with 25 in the last four hours.

It's listed as COMPENSATION
    Originally posted by veryintrigued

Is this into the CC account or did they pay it into a Current account?
    You haven't raised a complaint - It's just been credited out of the blue?
    I'm a Board Guide on the Energy, Student Money Saving, UK Armed Forces and
    Local Money Saving - Wales boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

It's not about being the best -
    It's about being better than you were yesterday.
    • veryintrigued
    • By veryintrigued 12th Jun 18, 4:48 AM
    • 2,444 Posts
    • 1,903 Thanks
    veryintrigued
    Is this into the CC account or did they pay it into a Current account?
    You haven't raised a complaint - It's just been credited out of the blue?
    Originally posted by Dobbibill
    CC account. Paid to those of us whose DDs they messed up irrespective of whether a complaint made.
    • pochisoldi
    • By pochisoldi 12th Jun 18, 11:53 AM
    • 125 Posts
    • 77 Thanks
    pochisoldi
    CC account. Paid to those of us whose DDs they messed up irrespective of whether a complaint made.
    Originally posted by veryintrigued
    Well they messed mine up and I've had nothing, other than a single letter acknowledging a single complaint, when I've got 4 on going complaints...

Latest fiasco - not one, but two emails saying "you've got a statement".
    Credit card account number: displayed as "XXXX XXXX XXXX 0" instead of showing last 4 digits.
    Statement date: Blank
    and "The payment due date for this statement is / /"

Login online, can't access this month's statement - two dead javascript links.

They still haven't learned that (1) you don't deploy untested software into production and (2) when you are in hole due to untested software, stop digging.

PochiSoldi
    • P-Nuts
    • By P-Nuts 12th Jun 18, 1:58 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    P-Nuts
    Well they messed mine up and I've had nothing, other than a single letter acknowledging a single complaint, when I've got 4 on going complaints...

Latest fiasco - not one, but two emails saying "you've got a statement".
    Credit card account number: displayed as "XXXX XXXX XXXX 0" instead of showing last 4 digits.
    Statement date: Blank
    and "The payment due date for this statement is / /"

Login online, can't access this month's statement - two dead javascript links.

They still haven't learned that (1) you don't deploy untested software into production and (2) when you are in hole due to untested software, stop digging.

PochiSoldi
    Originally posted by pochisoldi
    Same here, two weird emails saying I've got a statement but without any of the fields filled in, and on the website links that don't work.

Still no access to earlier statements. Three letters saying they've received my complaint, no actual response to the complaint. No compensation either.
    • veryintrigued
    • By veryintrigued 14th Jun 18, 12:42 PM
    • 2,444 Posts
    • 1,903 Thanks
    veryintrigued
    So my 'extra' June DD payment came out of my BOS CA four days ago but still no sign of if on my TSB online credit card overview.
    • SuiDreams
    • By SuiDreams 15th Jun 18, 10:09 AM
    • 2,291 Posts
    • 10,282 Thanks
    SuiDreams
    Has anyone received May Cashback, nothing in my account yet but suppose they do have till the end of the day.
    • pochisoldi
    • By pochisoldi 15th Jun 18, 10:39 AM
    • 125 Posts
    • 77 Thanks
    pochisoldi
    Has anyone received May Cashback, nothing in my account yet but suppose they do have till the end of the day.
    Originally posted by SuiDreams
    Nothing here - used to be paid around the 6th of the month before the meltdown.

I wouldn't be surprised if they do the same cockup as last month (pay cashback on items between 1st and 15th of this month), and then waste time and effort fixing the fix.

Still no sign of my June statement. Monthly balance/minimum payment was calculated on the 9th (usual statement date), (broken) email notification received 12th, still can't access it today (15th) - the "View" and "Download" links are there, but they don't do anything.
    • molerat
    • By molerat 15th Jun 18, 10:44 AM
    • 19,122 Posts
    • 13,328 Thanks
    molerat
    Still no sign of my June statement. Monthly balance/minimum payment was calculated on the 9th (usual statement date), (broken) email notification received 12th, still can't access it today (15th) - the "View" and "Download" links are there, but they don't do anything.
    Nothing in your messages inbox ? That is where they said they would go if paperless.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk/donations.html
    • SuiDreams
    • By SuiDreams 15th Jun 18, 10:57 AM
    • 2,291 Posts
    • 10,282 Thanks
    SuiDreams
    Nothing here - used to be paid around the 6th of the month before the meltdown.

I wouldn't be surprised if they do the same cockup as last month (pay cashback on items between 1st and 15th of this month), and then waste time and effort fixing the fix.

My end of may statement did appear, no email to say it was available. View button doesn't work but download option does. Still haven't seen an April Statement at all, previous statements are still missing
    • pochisoldi
    • By pochisoldi 15th Jun 18, 11:23 AM
    • 125 Posts
    • 77 Thanks
    pochisoldi
    Nothing in your messages inbox ? That is where they said they would go if paperless.
    Originally posted by molerat
    They don't. I only knew about my May statement when I logged in and went to the statement page.

The permanently empty inbox is yet another innovative feature brought to you by the chimpanzee's tea party formerly known as TSB.
    • molerat
    • By molerat 15th Jun 18, 11:30 AM
    • 19,122 Posts
    • 13,328 Thanks
    molerat
    I managed to switch on paper as I was sure they would manage to foul it up on line, good decision it would seem
    • trix-a-belle
    • By trix-a-belle 11th Aug 18, 1:58 PM
    • 844 Posts
    • 3,588 Thanks
    trix-a-belle
    Please can anyone who receives paper copy credit card statements advise whether they can see any electronic statements in their online account?
    Just trying to see if its a case of you can't view electronic copies if you are set up to receive paper copies or an error with my online banking with this whole ongoing farce.
    Thanks
    - Mortgage: 1st one down, 2nd: 114800 101k
    - Student Loan: 7100 0!
    Swagbucks, Neobux, GiffGaff, Roamler, Qmee & Quidco; thank you MSE every little bit helps
    MFiT-T4
    • molerat
    • By molerat 11th Aug 18, 3:25 PM
    • 19,122 Posts
    • 13,328 Thanks
    molerat
    Please can anyone who receives paper copy credit card statements advise whether they can see any electronic statements in their online account?
    Just trying to see if its a case of you can't view electronic copies if you are set up to receive paper copies or an error with my online banking with this whole ongoing farce.
    Thanks
    Originally posted by trix-a-belle
    I managed to change to paper in the early stages after all my old on line statements disappeared. Since then I have not had an on line statement produced. Were you already on paper statements and on line ones were also available ?
    • trix-a-belle
    • By trix-a-belle 11th Aug 18, 4:03 PM
    • 844 Posts
    • 3,588 Thanks
    trix-a-belle
    I managed to change to paper in the early stages after all my old on line statements disappeared. Since then I have not had an on line statement produced. Were you already on paper statements and on line ones were also available ?
    Originally posted by molerat
    I've been on paper statements for a fair while before this began but i'm sure I used to be able download electronic copies from the statement tab if the need ever arose, this fiasco has all been going on so long now I can't remember what it was like before.
    The statement tab offers and allows me to select different years but generates no further options regardless of year selected.
    Swagbucks, Neobux, GiffGaff, Roamler, Qmee & Quidco; thank you MSE every little bit helps
    MFiT-T4
    • pochisoldi
    • By pochisoldi 13th Aug 18, 8:54 AM
    • 125 Posts
    • 77 Thanks
    pochisoldi
    Online statements (May onwards) started working around the 1st of Aug for me.
    Statements prior to the IT cockup are still inaccessible (returning a zero byte sized response.)
    This month's statement appeared on the 12th (statement was due on the 9th). This is the first time I have had a statement on time, and without any intervention since April.

Too bad the account is now "retired" - will be closed if/when they deal with my 12 week old, not assigned to a handler, complaint.

PochiSoldi
    • trix-a-belle
    • By trix-a-belle 13th Aug 18, 9:01 AM
    • 844 Posts
    • 3,588 Thanks
    trix-a-belle
    Online statements (May onwards) started working around the 1st of Aug for me.
    Statements prior to the IT cockup are still inaccessible (returning a zero byte sized response.)
    This month's statement appeared on the 12th (statement was due on the 9th). This is the first time I have had a statement on time, and without any intervention since April.

Too bad the account is now "retired" - will be closed if/when they deal with my 12 week old, not assigned to a handler, complaint.

PochiSoldi
    Thanks PochiSoldi but can you confirm if you are are you set up as paperless & they have started working? or do you receive paper copies & you are able to see copies online also?
    MFiT-T4
    • pochisoldi
    • By pochisoldi 13th Aug 18, 10:13 AM
    • 125 Posts
    • 77 Thanks
    pochisoldi
    Account was setup as paperless, cannot change the settings online, and "customer services" can't change it either.
    The only way to get a paper statement was to ring them up and then wait exactly 10 working days for an envelope to drop through the door.

I swear they were doing this as a deliberate wind up.

Until the 1st Aug, the only downloadable/viewable statement was the May 2018 one, and that wasn't available until 24th May (14 full days after the statement date)

PochiSoldi
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

222Posts Today

2,078Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin