Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • veryintrigued
    • By veryintrigued 27th Apr 18, 6:10 PM
    • 2,415Posts
    • 1,853Thanks
    veryintrigued
    TSB credit card monthly direct debit not taken today
    • 27th Apr 18, 6:10 PM
    TSB credit card monthly direct debit not taken today 27th Apr 18 at 6:10 PM
    Just in case others are experiencing the same as some of us and don't look at the Banking section of this forum.

Presumably linked to the movements of TSB Banking platform this last week.

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=74214589&postcount=463
Page 3
    • molerat
    • By molerat 16th May 18, 9:46 AM
    • 18,944 Posts
    • 13,133 Thanks
    molerat
    Why haven't I received my 1% Plusness cashback?

We've had a technical issue that's meant we're making the payment to you later this week. We're sorry about that but you will have the cashback by the end of this week (18th May).
    Last edited by molerat; 16-05-2018 at 9:48 AM.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk/donations.html
    • No_6
    • By No_6 16th May 18, 10:28 PM
    • 640 Posts
    • 129 Thanks
    No_6
    No dd taken from Santander to TSB for last month, for mine, on the
    8th May
    and OH has a big one due tomorrow, also from Santy to TSB.
    not worried it's TSB DD that is not working.

Just have ?? to deal with in the future ?
    fun and games
    • molerat
    • By molerat 17th May 18, 10:59 PM
    • 18,944 Posts
    • 13,133 Thanks
    molerat
    1% cashback paid but only £1.15 when I spent the full £500. Not doing too well are they !
    Last edited by molerat; 17-05-2018 at 11:05 PM.
    • Dobbibill
    • By Dobbibill 17th May 18, 11:11 PM
    • 3,213 Posts
    • 4,109 Thanks
    Dobbibill
    1% cashback paid but only £1.15 when I spent the full £500. Not doing too well are they !
    Originally posted by molerat
    Just checked mine and although it's a bit better at £4.96, I'm not sure I understand as I too spent the £500 for the fiver. I wonder if something is not classed as 'eligible spending' as per T&Cs - although I'm not sure what that would be with all purchases on my statement which are not gambling nor cash withdrawals which I would expect to be excluded
    I'm a Board Guide on the Energy, Student Money Saving, UK Armed Forces and
    Local Money Saving - Wales boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

It's not about being the best -
    It's about being better than you were yesterday.
    • AirlieBird
    • By AirlieBird 18th May 18, 6:39 AM
    • 1,039 Posts
    • 849 Thanks
    AirlieBird
    They appear to have incorrectly calculated the cashback on the sum of the whole pounds only and not as before on the sum of the transactions including pence.
    Did you really mean to put loose?
    Lose: no longer possess, not to retain, unable to find
    Loose: not firmly or tightly fixed in place
    • molerat
    • By molerat 18th May 18, 7:24 AM
    • 18,944 Posts
    • 13,133 Thanks
    molerat
    They appear to have incorrectly calculated the cashback on the sum of the whole pounds only and not as before on the sum of the transactions including pence.
    Originally posted by AirlieBird
    Doesn't explain my £1.15. I stopped using the card early in April because I had hit the £500 mark in the first couple of weeks. By coincidence I did spend £115 at the end of last month which was logged at the beginning of this month.
    Last edited by molerat; 18-05-2018 at 7:29 AM.
    • DazCM
    • By DazCM 18th May 18, 8:48 AM
    • 53 Posts
    • 49 Thanks
    DazCM
    Iíve had a measly 45p cashback for a spend of £493.
    • greyteam1959
    • By greyteam1959 18th May 18, 9:00 AM
    • 2,336 Posts
    • 1,075 Thanks
    greyteam1959
    Originally posted by molerat
    Exactly the same with me........
    Is this fiasco ever going to get sorted ??
    Time some 'Government Department' started slapping legs !!
    Last edited by greyteam1959; 18-05-2018 at 9:20 AM.
    • pochisoldi
    • By pochisoldi 18th May 18, 10:01 AM
    • 98 Posts
    • 57 Thanks
    pochisoldi
    As I posted in a separate thread a few minutes ago.

For me it was 71p when I was expecting £5.

Since I don't have visibility of more than 20 transactions, I've been tracking my spend in a spreadsheet, and quickly determined that in my case 71p is for £71.63 of spend between 10th and 15th of May.

Note that the "rounding" is done at the eligible balance level, not on individual transactions - so transactions for £1.50 + £0.99 gives rounded down 1% of £2.49, not rounded 1% of £1.50+ rounded 1% of £0.99.

I say "rounding" because it's actually truncation - previously they rounded up/down, using that method I would have got 72p on this broken attempt at payment

Yet another case of an update being rushed into production with insufficient (query, zero) testing.

PochiSoldi
    • SuiDreams
    • By SuiDreams 18th May 18, 12:34 PM
    • 2,263 Posts
    • 10,278 Thanks
    SuiDreams
    received my cashback today and as with everyone else mine is wrong as well. Payment is short by quite a bit. this is getting silly now. Plus still can't view any statements. Haven't seen my April statement at all.
    • tsb
    • By tsb 18th May 18, 1:02 PM
    • 234 Posts
    • 785 Thanks
    tsb
    Mine is also incorrect. I've only three transactions in April so it is a little easier to check. It looks like my calculation is just paying cashback on one transaction.
    • molerat
    • By molerat 19th May 18, 10:49 PM
    • 18,944 Posts
    • 13,133 Thanks
    molerat
    New statement amount, minimum payment and payment date now showing. All correct by my spreadsheet. Just have to wait and see if I get a paper statement, managed to change it just after everything went pear shaped.
    • pete-20-11
    • By pete-20-11 19th May 18, 11:07 PM
    • 189 Posts
    • 133 Thanks
    pete-20-11
    £3.11 for me, spent over £500...
    • veryintrigued
    • By veryintrigued 20th May 18, 5:17 AM
    • 2,415 Posts
    • 1,853 Thanks
    veryintrigued
    Below might be a better thread to discuss your (well our) cashback issues as I'd created this thread specifically for the DD issue.

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5844458
    • molerat
    • By molerat 20th May 18, 11:38 AM
    • 18,944 Posts
    • 13,133 Thanks
    molerat
    They must now be running into serious regulatory issues. No statements - can they charge interest ? Taking DDs without notification - does the simple on line view cover it, states due date but not how much / when it will be taken ?
    • SuiDreams
    • By SuiDreams 21st May 18, 8:36 AM
    • 2,263 Posts
    • 10,278 Thanks
    SuiDreams
    Well my DD was taken today have checked my account not showing on TSB though, will see if it updates over night. Cashback still to be sorted and no statements.
    • Yorkshire Pud
    • By Yorkshire Pud 21st May 18, 1:54 PM
    • 912 Posts
    • 611 Thanks
    Yorkshire Pud
    My TSB DD was taken today, still no statements! Amount and date were shown in advance in online banking.
    • juliamarsh
    • By juliamarsh 22nd May 18, 11:37 AM
    • 341 Posts
    • 393 Thanks
    juliamarsh
    I have just received my May statement, no interest has been charged and they intend to take the total of the 2 statements by direct debit in June. As to cashback, I spent £514.72 in April, no cashback showing on my latest statement so checked online to find I have been credited with the princely sum of 24p!
    • trix-a-belle
    • By trix-a-belle 22nd May 18, 11:47 AM
    • 831 Posts
    • 3,536 Thanks
    trix-a-belle
    Has anyone actually had communication from TSB to advise what they will be doing to catch up on direct debits not taken?
    This is what is says they will be doing in their faqs (not holding my breath).

My direct debit should have gone around about the 11th, I say around as there was no date shown for several weeks during the IT crisis & also its got moved forward in the last 2 ish months, DD and statement used to be 16th & 18th, now 11th & 12th. I called early last week & was told it would be resolved by the end of last week (albeit this was a chap trying to help from the generic telephone/online banking customer service team as CC cs were too busy to even get through to), i'm giving them till the end of this week to take the DD or make contact with a plan before calling again and really pinning things down as this gives them time to fix the cashback issue (I got none but was expecting the full £5)
    - Mortgage: 1st one down, 2nd: £114800 £101k
    - Student Loan: £ 7100 0!
    Swagbucks, Neobux, GiffGaff, Roamler, Qmee & Quidco; thank you MSE every little bit helps
    MFiT-T4
    • P-Nuts
    • By P-Nuts 23rd May 18, 12:16 AM
    • 14 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    P-Nuts
    I have just received my May statement
    Originally posted by juliamarsh
    Do you actually get statements in TSB internet banking, and not just "Statements are unavailable at the moment, please try again later."?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,863Posts Today

7,849Users online

Martin's Twitter