Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • AndyPK
    • By AndyPK 27th Apr 18, 2:01 PM
    • 3,666Posts
    • 1,091Thanks
    AndyPK
    EDF Monthly
    • 27th Apr 18, 2:01 PM
    EDF Monthly 27th Apr 18 at 2:01 PM
    Hi I would welcome some advise from customers of EDF on monthly DD.

I've been used to quarterly DD where they remind you to send a reading in quarterly and then provide a bill for what has been used.

It was so much hassle switching this time, I decided to stay on monthly DD (gas) (worked out I would loose less than 2 in interest), but as I have never been on it, how does it work?

1. Do they remind me to send a reading monthly?
    What do they expect of me?

2. How often do I get a bill ? to understand if my monthly DD is on target?

3. What are EDF like for increasing the DD once agreed ?
Page 2
    • mrnkar
    • By mrnkar 13th Jan 19, 9:38 AM
    • 414 Posts
    • 88 Thanks
    mrnkar
    Switched to EDF barely a month ago so I can only answer "1".

On the tariff I'm on, Easy Online Dec 19, EDF say they will ask for a meter reading by email / online message when they require one. They say they will ask for a reading annually and will bill annually but they "will try to do it 6-monthly". This information should be in your online account and app.

On direct debits they split my annual consumption at my previous supplier into 12 equal monthly DDs and they say they will try to revise the DD when they get a meter reading but they don't guarantee it. Again this info should be in your online account and app.
    Originally posted by Anthorn
    That's correct but you can send them readings anytime you want. I find this best as we all know that our usage can be different from year to year, depending on the weather etc. That's why i send them mine every 3 months as if I am using more or less than previous, they can adjust my dd accordingly.
    Nothing worse than no reading for maybe 12 months & finding out you owe them lots of money. Although saying that, they have just refunded me as I was so much in credit, & they had already reduced my dd in July, but my contract ends next month so probably makes sense.
    • Bigphil1474
    • By Bigphil1474 14th Jan 19, 10:58 AM
    • 1,008 Posts
    • 459 Thanks
    Bigphil1474
    Get the EDF app and you can enter readings when you want, check balances etc. I have had them trying to reduce my DD as well as increase it, but the app allows you to adjust it back again, and not had any issues. I've been with them 4 years now, and our usage is pretty steady so I usually know what the cost is going to be for the year. I try and void submitting readings during the summer and during the winter, as it tends to skew their estimates. I'll put my next meter reading in around early March to avoid them trying to up the DD due to the winter spike.
    • AndyPK
    • By AndyPK 14th Jan 19, 12:23 PM
    • 3,666 Posts
    • 1,091 Thanks
    AndyPK
    Thanks. Yeah I have the app, and now recall I used the Adjust DD feature back in August and it worked well.

Not submitting readings was my plan too, but they requested one and I looked to be so far ahead in credit, I may as well let them sort it.

I did not expect an increase and refund at the same time though!

I do wonder if they like to reset things this time of year, maybe its now past end of their financial year?
    Or maybe because prices are rising
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

952Posts Today

5,973Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @AskJames: Someone quickly marry me so I can justify buying this. I do. "Tesco is selling a five tier wedding cake made of cheese - an?

• Today's FRIDAY twitter poll: Draconian & absurd new laws by May/Corbyn/EU/Trump/Putin (pick ur own scapegoat) dicta? https://t.co/umCa8jP7LT

• Now come on that's a bit unfair!!!!! I could've done a handstand (well headstand) first if you'd asked! Sheesh! https://t.co/01Pf9Z99B1

• Follow Martin