Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 27th Apr 18, 11:39 AM
    • 57,327Posts
    • 70,926Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Do not appeal a UKPC Windscreen PCN (UKPC ARE BANNED BY THE DVLA - April/May 2018)
    • 27th Apr 18, 11:39 AM
    Do not appeal a UKPC Windscreen PCN (UKPC ARE BANNED BY THE DVLA - April/May 2018) 27th Apr 18 at 11:39 AM
    UKPC ARE BANNED

The DVLA have banned UKPC from obtaining consumer data:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/aos_members_banned#incoming-1154926

IF NEWBIES HAVE A WINDSCREEN PCN FROM UKPC NOW, WAIT FOR ANY NTK!

Last edited by Coupon-mad; 14-05-2018 at 5:56 PM.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Page 3
    • 1505grandad
    • By 1505grandad 30th Apr 18, 10:12 PM
    • 64 Posts
    • 126 Thanks
    1505grandad
    https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/local/dundee/644958/company-in-charge-of-controversial-dundee-car-park-suspended-by-dvla/
    • Half_way
    • By Half_way 30th Apr 18, 10:48 PM
    • 4,116 Posts
    • 5,844 Thanks
    Half_way
    I wholeheartedly agree.

Makes me sick to think who is processing ordinary people's name & address data. People with a background of dishonesty & fraud; people with a background of violence, even sex offenders.

IMHO, criminals should not be allowed to work in or run customer-facing, data holding companies.
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    What checks and balances are in place to prevent someone at a PPC accessing/using another persons personal details for their own gain/criminal activities? from id fraud, to stalking or any other predatory behavior

And as for the suspension, the sad thing is, that even with a suspension, quite a few will pay up on windscreen ticket, and/or drop themselves in it and pass their details on, then panic and pay up
    All they need to do is ramp up their ticketing for extra profit, combine that with profiling and targeting certain groups and you could make quite a bit.
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 30th Apr 18, 11:25 PM
    • 57,327 Posts
    • 70,926 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    What checks and balances are in place to prevent someone at a PPC accessing/using another persons personal details for their own gain/criminal activities? from id fraud, to stalking or any other predatory behavior
    None at all.

What's to stop any dodgy crim Director or employee of any customer-facing company doing that?
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• Half_way
    • By Half_way 30th Apr 18, 11:30 PM
    • 4,116 Posts
    • 5,844 Thanks
    Half_way
    And all the time, when the suspension period is over it will be back to the same old again, with the DVLA saying look we do do something about these company's while all the time PPC land carries on before, and this place get posts form new comers along the lines of Help ive been fined by XXX parking after i drove my car into a car park and .... when perhaps one day in the future it will be filled with real money saving tips on the best/cheapest places to park
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 1st May 18, 8:39 AM
    • 7,317 Posts
    • 9,750 Thanks
    beamerguy
    And it shows yet another flaw in POFA 2012 and the ATA.

Remember POFA 2012 was mainly the brain child of
    the BPA who did not delve into the criminal minds of
    their members

I am certain they will use a third party to get information
    We can always tell newbies that in light of the UKPC ban,
    to request from the DVLA who obtained their data

We only need to discover a couple before we cry fraud
    to the DVLA
    Last edited by beamerguy; 01-05-2018 at 8:42 AM.
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 1st May 18, 8:51 AM
    • 1,262 Posts
    • 1,713 Thanks
    twhitehousescat
    UKPC will simply put staff on the ground , lots of them with ticket machines , tickets will be issued complete with a pre paid envelope in them , just like last time

the gulable or blind will simply fill in the form and happily use the free envelope
    Time pretending I was asleep whilst under his desk , has given me insight to this sordid world
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 1st May 18, 9:00 AM
    • 2,893 Posts
    • 4,388 Thanks
    fisherjim
    UKPC will simply put staff on the ground , lots of them with ticket machines , tickets will be issued complete with a pre paid envelope in them , just like last time

the gulable or blind will simply fill in the form and happily use the free envelope
    Originally posted by twhitehousescat
    A certain hospital near me has a staff car park controlled by barriers, as with all hospitals parking is tight.

Yesterday the barriers on the staff car park were up, guess what, the gullible public fell for it hook line and sinker!

The UKPC "profit centre" was there ticketing with a frenzy!
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 1st May 18, 2:44 PM
    • 57,327 Posts
    • 70,926 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Just bumping this so people all know that UKPC can't get DVLA data right now.

NO APPEALING! NO CONTACTING THEM!

• fil cad
    • By fil cad 1st May 18, 8:53 PM
    • 765 Posts
    • 619 Thanks
    fil cad
    May they collapse and rot in hell
    PPCs say its carpark management, BPA say its raising standards..... we all know its just about raking in the revenue.
    • twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 1st May 18, 8:54 PM
    • 1,262 Posts
    • 1,713 Thanks
    twhitehousescat
    May they collapse and rot in hell
    Originally posted by fil cad

or simply reform as in the case of ANPR Ltd
    Time pretending I was asleep whilst under his desk , has given me insight to this sordid world
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 1st May 18, 10:18 PM
    • 57,327 Posts
    • 70,926 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    UKPC got beaten in court today, yet again:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5684709&page=3

multiple PCN case, with all costs (including a £255 set aside fee, I think) awarded against them!

• john0q
    • By john0q 1st May 18, 11:29 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    john0q
    What happened if I appeal to them?

I have windows stick PCN from UKPC on 11th March 2018. I write an appeal letter to them with NEWBIES thread blue template. They only respond to ask the driver's information. With the guide on NEWBIES thread, I ignored the request. They didn't email me anymore. Now it's more than 50 days, I didn't receive the result of my appeal. Does that mean my appeal is a success or they just too busy to fight with DVLA ? Also, I notice I don't get NTK from them, is that normal? Thank you
    • twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 1st May 18, 11:31 PM
    • 1,262 Posts
    • 1,713 Thanks
    twhitehousescat
    [QUOTE=john0q;74235482]What happened if I appeal to them?

I have windows stick PCN from UKPC on 11th March 2018. I write an appeal letter to them with NEWBIES thread blue template. They only respond to ask the driver's information. With the guide on NEWBIES thread, I ignored the request. They didn't email me anymore. Now it's more than 50 days, I didn't receive the result of my appeal. Does that mean my appeal is a success or they just too busy to fight with DVLA ? Also, I notice I don't get NTK from them, is that normal? Thank you[/QUOTE

unless you gave your full name and address , treat any emails as spam , as they cannot access dvla to get your info

you could not get a NTK , as they have not got dvla access
    • Glacier
    • By Glacier 1st May 18, 11:59 PM
    • 33 Posts
    • 34 Thanks
    Glacier
    UKPC have been known to send NTKs using the details supplied from an initial appeal.
    • john0q
    • By john0q 2nd May 18, 12:27 AM
    • 9 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    john0q
    Thank you for your advice. Let's see what's happened next.
    • john0q
    • By john0q 2nd May 18, 12:29 AM
    • 9 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    john0q
    that makes sense as well. Thank you. Let's see what's happened next. By the way, if I didn't get the NTK in 50 days, does that mean I can use "Keeper Liability Requirements and the Protection of Freedom Act" to against them?
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 2nd May 18, 12:38 AM
    • 7,143 Posts
    • 6,599 Thanks
    KeithP
    that makes sense as well. Thank you. Let's see what's happened next. By the way, if I didn't get the NTK in 50 days, does that mean I can use "Keeper Liability Requirements and the Protection of Freedom Act" to against them?
    Originally posted by john0q
    I think that's really a question for your own thread.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 2nd May 18, 12:38 AM
    • 57,327 Posts
    • 70,926 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Yes if they get off their bums and send you a POPLA code.

I would email and ask them for it, just in case they pretend they already sent it:

appealmoreinfo@ukparkingcontrol.com

Tell them you will REPORT THEM TO THE BPA if they do not cancel or cough up your POPLA code this week!

• beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 2nd May 18, 5:47 PM
    • 7,317 Posts
    • 9,750 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Reminder ...... UKPC BANNED

DO NOT RESPOND TO WINDSCREEN TICKETS

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2018/
    Last edited by beamerguy; 09-05-2018 at 2:26 PM.

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 9th May 18, 2:29 PM
    • 7,317 Posts
    • 9,750 Thanks
    beamerguy
    FOI request to DVLA

The following company has been suspended from requesting DVLA data

UKPC Ltd– Date of suspension 22/03/2018

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

384Posts Today

4,836Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin