Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • tazwhoever
    • By tazwhoever 25th Apr 18, 4:32 PM
    • 911Posts
    • 212Thanks
    tazwhoever
    ESA - Medical evidence
    • 25th Apr 18, 4:32 PM
    ESA - Medical evidence 25th Apr 18 at 4:32 PM
    When reassessment for ESA is due, do I just send clinical letters from hospitals or can I include letters for MRI, blood tests, outpatients appointments too?

Thanks
Page 2
    • tazwhoever
    • By tazwhoever 14th May 18, 5:06 PM
    • 911 Posts
    • 212 Thanks
    tazwhoever
    It means what it says, have you been in hospital for longer than 28 days. It doesn't mean hospital appointments.

You can't tick yes, if it doesn't apply to you.
    Originally posted by poppy12345
    Due to neurosurgery, language is weak.
    • tazwhoever
    • By tazwhoever 16th May 18, 12:07 PM
    • 911 Posts
    • 212 Thanks
    tazwhoever
    Quick question again -

On page 19 of ESA50 is it advisable to put I want face to face recording, if asked to attend the assessment? or leave blank?

I might be wrong, but do assessment people send recording to ESA people.

I fear assessment people might not write everything I say or tell lies, etc.

What are views of those who have attended assessments.

Thanks
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 16th May 18, 12:21 PM
    • 2,545 Posts
    • 2,538 Thanks
    poppy12345
    Quick question again -

On page 19 of ESA50 is it advisable to put I want face to face recording, if asked to attend the assessment? or leave blank?

I might be wrong, but do assessment people send recording to ESA people.

I fear assessment people might not write everything I say or tell lies, etc.

What are views of those who have attended assessments.

Thanks
    Originally posted by tazwhoever
    You can ask for it to be recorded yes, but there maybe a longer wait for the assessment, if one is needed. I would also follow the request up by ringing the assessment providers a few weeks after the form is sent.
    • Danday
    • By Danday 16th May 18, 1:21 PM
    • 354 Posts
    • 63 Thanks
    Danday
    No assessment is easy. If you do have to attend one just give as much info as possible and avoid answering just a yes or no.
    Originally posted by poppy12345
    It is not always possible to get the assessor to listen to extended answers/comments. Some will only want a yes/no answer to a statement that they ask especially if they have a full work load for that day.
    If that happens you have to insist telling them that it is your assessment, not their's and that they listen to your reply in full before moving on to the next question.
    • NeilCr
    • By NeilCr 16th May 18, 1:34 PM
    • 1,708 Posts
    • 2,286 Thanks
    NeilCr
    "I think newcomers to this forum need to bear in mind that this is a public site on which anyone can post. You can't assume information is trustworthy, indeed some posters are known to disrupt, post disinformation, and tell tall stories.

I would caution newcomers to be wary of any advice supplied that doesn't contain a link to an authoritative site. Such sites include adviceguide, entitled to, turn2us, revenuebenefits.
    Accredited benefit advice is available from local advice agencies such as Citizens Advice.

Please don't take horror stories about benefit assessments, appeals etc at face value. There are posters on here who whose aim seems to be to alarm, frighten, and generally dissuade OP's from pursuing sensible actions to claim / regain the right benefits.

Harmful and misleading posters are easily identified by the reaction to their posts
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 16th May 18, 1:45 PM
    • 2,545 Posts
    • 2,538 Thanks
    poppy12345
    It is not always possible to get the assessor to listen to extended answers/comments. Some will only want a yes/no answer to a statement that they ask especially if they have a full work load for that day.
    If that happens you have to insist telling them that it is your assessment, not their's and that they listen to your reply in full before moving on to the next question.
    Originally posted by Danday
    So you say............................................... ..........
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

405Posts Today

4,874Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin