Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Hutch100uk
    • By Hutch100uk 24th Apr 18, 7:58 PM
    • 364Posts
    • 92Thanks
    Hutch100uk
    Opinions on my house
    • 24th Apr 18, 7:58 PM
    Opinions on my house 24th Apr 18 at 7:58 PM
    https://bit.ly/2FegYTY

I wonder if you could give your opinion on my house. Its been on the market for a year now. I have had 4 offers in total:

1st offer - within 2 weeks of it 1st going on, for full asking price (fell through after 3 months)
    2nd offer - 2500 under asking price (rejected)
    3rd offer - full asking price (fell through after a week)
    4th offer - 10k under asking price (rejected)

Does this sound like reasonable interest? Another identical house is just about to go on the market for 10k more so don't think its over priced. I;m asking exactly what I paid for it (and can't financially afford to reduce price). I'm desperate to get rid of it but not had as much interest this year.

I changed estate agents in December so it should only show as being on the market since then.
Page 5
    • Hutch100uk
    • By Hutch100uk 2nd May 18, 4:22 PM
    • 364 Posts
    • 92 Thanks
    Hutch100uk
    Didn't read all 4 pages so apologies if this has been mentioned.

Is pic 15 just a bad perspective or is the kazee really perched right in the corner with barely any knee room? Looks an odd design decision.
    Originally posted by robatwork
    Must be the perspective! All 3 bathrooms have enough leg room for the BFG.
    • hazyjo
    • By hazyjo 2nd May 18, 4:37 PM
    • 10,711 Posts
    • 14,065 Thanks
    hazyjo
    Nope, owned
    Originally posted by Hutch100uk
    Might be worth mentioning that. I (perhaps stupidly/naively) would rule out anything with them on. (a) I really don't like the look of them, but mainly (b) they can cause such grief for lenders if leased.

I would have to absolutely LOVE something to even look into it.
    2018 wins: Single Malt Whisky; theatre tickets; festival tickets; year of gin(!); shoes
    • Badger50
    • By Badger50 2nd May 18, 5:40 PM
    • 99 Posts
    • 98 Thanks
    Badger50
    The new photos make it look a lot more attractive. Good luck!
    • dunroving
    • By dunroving 2nd May 18, 5:48 PM
    • 1,268 Posts
    • 882 Thanks
    dunroving
    The new photos make it look a lot more attractive. Good luck!
    Originally posted by Badger50
    Yes, the photos definitely look better than previously and would make me interested in a viewing. I do wonder though why estate agents put photos in such a random order!
    (Nearly) dunroving
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 2nd May 18, 8:15 PM
    • 9,057 Posts
    • 5,397 Thanks
    teddysmum
    A great improvement, especially in the lounge, which, before, look very long with a huge empty space behind the sofa.

It's a pity you didn't put valances on the beds, especially the guest room (?) one, as this would make the furniture look more substantial and less temporary.
    • robatwork
    • By robatwork 2nd May 18, 9:55 PM
    • 4,464 Posts
    • 4,995 Thanks
    robatwork
    Dunno about you, but I tent to sit on the bog more like I'm sitting on a bike (with knees facing forward) than a horse (with knees splayed outwards).

Suggest if you're straddling the toilet, you're doing it wrong....
    Originally posted by ReadingTim
    I don't think these are mental images that the rest of MSE need to be saddled with.
    • Crashy Time
    • By Crashy Time 3rd May 18, 4:13 PM
    • 6,296 Posts
    • 2,389 Thanks
    Crashy Time
    Whatever the photos are like people will eventually view it before buying, the price needs to attract them IMO.
    • bigdavecox90
    • By bigdavecox90 3rd May 18, 4:15 PM
    • 177 Posts
    • 25 Thanks
    bigdavecox90
    Perhaps the shape could be what is putting people off? It wouldn't me, but thinking of what the issues could be?
    • AdrianC
    • By AdrianC 3rd May 18, 6:06 PM
    • 17,823 Posts
    • 16,135 Thanks
    AdrianC
    The new photos are a lot better, but the photog really hasn't got to grips with the concept of editing to only use the best, has he? Just because they've been taken doesn't mean they ALL have to be used!

Front elevation - 1/10
    Kitchen - 2/11/12
    Living room - 3/9
    (etc, etc)
    Just choose one of each, two if they really show something different...!
    • Crashy Time
    • By Crashy Time 3rd May 18, 8:52 PM
    • 6,296 Posts
    • 2,389 Thanks
    Crashy Time
    Perhaps the shape could be what is putting people off? It wouldn't me, but thinking of what the issues could be?
    Originally posted by bigdavecox90

Maybe it is the shadow of the big elephant in the garden.......
    • Crashy Time
    • By Crashy Time 6th May 18, 4:13 PM
    • 6,296 Posts
    • 2,389 Thanks
    Crashy Time
    New photos added, loads removed. I have changed 'offers in excess of' to 'guide price'.

https://bit.ly/2jlCq0H

How much would you ultimately be prepared to knock off the price to get a sale?
    • Hutch100uk
    • By Hutch100uk 7th May 18, 6:54 PM
    • 364 Posts
    • 92 Thanks
    Hutch100uk
    How much would you ultimately be prepared to knock off the price to get a sale?
    Originally posted by Crashy Time
    I could accept 220k ultimately although this is the absolute minimum at this time. Not sure dropping the price on the listing is worth doing though as I've already had offers of 220k even when it said 'in excess of' 229,950.

If I drop the price to 220k I imagine I'm then going to encourage prices of 210k.
    • Crashy Time
    • By Crashy Time 8th May 18, 1:53 PM
    • 6,296 Posts
    • 2,389 Thanks
    Crashy Time
    I could accept 220k ultimately although this is the absolute minimum at this time. Not sure dropping the price on the listing is worth doing though as I've already had offers of 220k even when it said 'in excess of' 229,950.

If I drop the price to 220k I imagine I'm then going to encourage prices of 210k.

Maybe, but you would just refuse them, and if someone has viewed they might go to 220k if they are in a buying mood and know you won`t budge?
    • Hutch100uk
    • By Hutch100uk 8th May 18, 8:50 PM
    • 364 Posts
    • 92 Thanks
    Hutch100uk
    Maybe, but you would just refuse them, and if someone has viewed they might go to 220k if they are in a buying mood and know you won`t budge?
    Originally posted by Crashy Time
    So would you think lowering to 'Offers in excess of 220k' rather than just 220k?
    • Hutch100uk
    • By Hutch100uk 8th May 18, 8:53 PM
    • 364 Posts
    • 92 Thanks
    Hutch100uk
    How do people feel about my competition too? The Builders are selling the newest phase at the top of my estate. I do feel as though I'm not really competing like-for-like as there are only 3 bed semis and large 4 bed detached for sale:
    http://www.lindenhomes.co.uk/developments/tyne-and-wear/the-aspens-birtley#view-price-list
    • Crashy Time
    • By Crashy Time 8th May 18, 9:10 PM
    • 6,296 Posts
    • 2,389 Thanks
    Crashy Time
    So would you think lowering to 'Offers in excess of 220k' rather than just 220k?

"Offers around 220k".
    • Hutch100uk
    • By Hutch100uk 16th Jul 18, 2:43 PM
    • 364 Posts
    • 92 Thanks
    Hutch100uk
    So I've just accepted an offer of 224k. Fingers crossed it all goes through.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,889Posts Today

6,837Users online

Martin's Twitter