Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • rvj87
    • By rvj87 24th Apr 18, 2:47 AM
    • 37Posts
    • 6Thanks
    rvj87
    Declaring Premium Bonds
    • 24th Apr 18, 2:47 AM
    Declaring Premium Bonds 24th Apr 18 at 2:47 AM
    Hi all,
    I now have 1000 in premium bonds. I also have 2000 in my second account. Obviously I need to report a change of circumstance for my ESA. Would it be safest to declare both of these sums? Or do I only need to mention the 1000?
    Any help appreciated.
Page 2
    • TELLIT01
    • By TELLIT01 9th May 18, 7:49 AM
    • 4,896 Posts
    • 5,248 Thanks
    TELLIT01
    So it's safest not to have any savings?
    Originally posted by rvj87
    That is not correct. Savings under 6k are disregarded completely. Between 6k and 16k benefit is reduced by 1 per week for every 250 in savings. For example, savings of 7k would see the amount reduced by 4 per week. That's the case for Income Related ESA and Income Support.
    • Owain Moneysaver
    • By Owain Moneysaver 10th May 18, 9:32 PM
    • 8,057 Posts
    • 8,907 Thanks
    Owain Moneysaver
    So it's safest not to have any savings?
    Originally posted by rvj87
    It's very dangerous not having any savings.

If you don't have an emergency fund you can find yourself going into debt when an unexpected expense crops up.
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

118Posts Today

1,261Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin