Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • srb9977
    • By srb9977 23rd Apr 18, 9:21 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    srb9977
    Small Claims (Money Claim Online) advice needed!
    • 23rd Apr 18, 9:21 PM
    Small Claims (Money Claim Online) advice needed! 23rd Apr 18 at 9:21 PM
    Hi, so apologies if this has been answered elsewhere but couldn't find it!

We have a County Court claim against us by a builder who has done unsatisfactory work (in our opinion) - rather than complete it or mediate he has gone straight to small claims.

We are responding to the MCOL, however very confused and can't find anything online to help us!
    We have made part admission of his claim and paid the part we agree with, however don't (I think) wish to make a counter claim, however the final screen says "I do not dispute the rest of the amount as I have paid it" even though there is still an amount outstanding.

Online help seems to be if we have paid him and are counterclaiming
    I don't wish to press the final button if we are essentially saying we don't dispute any of it...

apologies if confusing but any help would be appreciated!
Page 1
    • bobwilson
    • By bobwilson 15th May 18, 6:50 PM
    • 425 Posts
    • 113 Thanks
    bobwilson
    • 15th May 18, 6:50 PM
    • 15th May 18, 6:50 PM
    We are responding to the MCOL, however very confused and can't find anything online to help us!
    Originally posted by srb9977
    You mean to say the law in the UK isn't transparent & that you can't find any info online or anyone willing or able to advise for free? In other words, you're saying only people with money can afford justice?

Goodness me! What a surprise.

Oh, and I suspect the law probably makes just about as much sense as your post, which I'm sorry let you know is quite hard to understand.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,907Posts Today

8,186Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Thanks so much to all who watched @itvMLshow LIVE last night. The ratings are in at 2.4m and 12% share, lower tha? https://t.co/Jj62j1fV5F

• RT @stomp_3k: Oh @MartinSLewis would be proud proud of me went sim free on my mobile contract renewal and bought my handset outright saving?

• RT @MoneySavingExp: Wales Govt steps up to help ?severely mentally impaired? access crucial council tax discount after MSE campaign - BUT M?

• Follow Martin