Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Cherryblossom17
    • By Cherryblossom17 23rd Apr 18, 2:04 PM
    • 9Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Cherryblossom17
    Pls help civil enforcement ltd, Northampton claim form
    • 23rd Apr 18, 2:04 PM
    Pls help civil enforcement ltd, Northampton claim form 23rd Apr 18 at 2:04 PM
    Hi I am looking for advice after looking at other claims similar to mine.

I have received a claim form from Northampton business centre following a parking charge from civil enforcement limited.

I am the registered keeper of the car but was not the driver, I have messages confirming I was elsewhere on the date of the parking charge. I did not receive a notice to keeper, the first letter received was demanding £100.

Since then I have received letters from CEL, ZZPS and QDR solicitors all stating inflated amounts, with a different times stating the vehicle was parked but on the same dates. These letters have not been signed by individuals.

I have looked at other drafts and what I have “put to paper” in my defence in comparison now looks “basic”, can I leave my defence as not being the driver and not believing it was a bonefide claim due to the sporadic letters? As I have never been to the location would I have to go back and check for signage or would this not apply?

Many thanks!
Page 2
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 15th Jun 18, 11:44 AM
    • 59,517 Posts
    • 72,689 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    It's not a choice of one or the other. You've merely had the next form as explained by bargepole already, in the NEWBIES thread. He says which boxes to tick, and it's not Mediation!
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Cherryblossom17
    • By Cherryblossom17 12th Jul 18, 1:32 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Cherryblossom17
    Hi-

I received a letter from my local county court last week saying that the claim has been stayed. However it’s given CEL until today to come back with amended draft particulars which they have.

I’m just looking for advice on what to expect now as it is seeming like the are determined to go to court.

Thanks
    • Le_Kirk
    • By Le_Kirk 12th Jul 18, 1:47 PM
    • 2,837 Posts
    • 1,728 Thanks
    Le_Kirk
    Search the forum for CEL discontinuance and see what might happen.
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 12th Jul 18, 1:49 PM
    • 2,851 Posts
    • 3,546 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    No, theyre determined to get as much value out of their filing fee as they can

They;ll make you jump through hoops until they have to pay the hearing fee, then they will discontinue. So you have to do everything right, and they get away weith it, again.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,294Posts Today

6,240Users online

Martin's Twitter