Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Callum
    • By MSE Callum 23rd Apr 18, 12:07 PM
    • 217Posts
    • 94Thanks
    MSE Callum
    MSE News: TSB customers STILL unable to use online banking after weekend upgrade
    • 23rd Apr 18, 12:07 PM
    MSE News: TSB customers STILL unable to use online banking after weekend upgrade 23rd Apr 18 at 12:07 PM
    TSB customers are experiencing problems using online banking and the bank's mobile app on Monday morning - more than 12 hours after a planned upgrade was supposed to finish...
    Read the full story:
    'TSB customers STILL unable to use online banking after weekend upgrade'

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply.
    Read the latest MSE News
    Flag up a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
    Get the Free Martin's Money Tips E-mail
Page 17
    • Mchambers
    • By Mchambers 17th May 18, 7:05 PM
    • 923 Posts
    • 276 Thanks
    Mchambers
    Mega wonga
    Originally posted by badger09
    My sentiments exactly !
    • wizzywig27
    • By wizzywig27 18th May 18, 9:59 AM
    • 1,121 Posts
    • 753 Thanks
    wizzywig27
    I cancelled a direct debit, they still allowed the company to take it - I didnt have enough money in (as I have moved it all out due to problems) and I got charged. I called up, asked why there was no text advising me to put money, she said they are not working at the moment. I explained irrelevant of that the direct debit was cancelled.

She gave me the charge back but now I have to argue with the other company to give me their charge back (I paid the payment online using debit card and they have still charged me).

I am now on my 7th email (without response (after responding to my first one) to Pest - he just ignoring me now!
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 18th May 18, 10:05 AM
    • 54,098 Posts
    • 214,488 Thanks
    beanielou
    Still no credit card showing.
    Still no CC reward for this month.
    It just goes on & on.
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 11 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger.
    • SuiDreams
    • By SuiDreams 18th May 18, 10:28 AM
    • 2,245 Posts
    • 10,267 Thanks
    SuiDreams
    My 1% cashback has been paid but the value isn't correct, so will need to contact and follow up.
    • Wellard Mann
    • By Wellard Mann 18th May 18, 10:35 AM
    • 57 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    Wellard Mann
    I left TSB a couple of weeks ago, as I lost confidence in their ability to fix the current situation in any reasonable time frame. I was fortunate enough to be able to access my savings account through the phone app for long enough to be able to transfer the funds to my current account and thence to another bank. I left £1 + change in the current account and switched that successfully last week.

I daresay TSB will fix this eventually, albeit with a massive reputational hit. However, banking is based on confidence and I no longer have any confidence in their management processes or IT expertise. 5% p.a. on £1,500 doesn't really do it for me. I haven't suffered any loss and am not seeking any "compensation", though I hope those who have incurred genuine losses are appropriately compensated.

I count myself fortunate in that TSB was not my primary account and that I was able to exit without hassle or loss.
    • ValiantSon
    • By ValiantSon 18th May 18, 11:46 AM
    • 1,892 Posts
    • 1,754 Thanks
    ValiantSon
    I cancelled a direct debit, they still allowed the company to take it - I didnt have enough money in (as I have moved it all out due to problems) and I got charged. I called up, asked why there was no text advising me to put money, she said they are not working at the moment. I explained irrelevant of that the direct debit was cancelled.

She gave me the charge back but now I have to argue with the other company to give me their charge back (I paid the payment online using debit card and they have still charged me).

I am now on my 7th email (without response (after responding to my first one) to Pest - he just ignoring me now!
    Originally posted by wizzywig27
    How long was the gap between you cancelling the DD and it being paid? They are claimed in advance of the payment date.
    • tsb
    • By tsb 18th May 18, 12:45 PM
    • 234 Posts
    • 785 Thanks
    tsb
    My 1% cashback has been paid but the value isn't correct, so will need to contact and follow up.
    Originally posted by SuiDreams
    I have just come on to check whether anyone else has posted about this. My calculation appears to be missing cashback on transactions dated before the planned outage.
    • AirlieBird
    • By AirlieBird 18th May 18, 12:50 PM
    • 1,020 Posts
    • 834 Thanks
    AirlieBird
    I have just come on to check whether anyone else has posted about this. My calculation appears to be missing cashback on transactions dated before the planned outage.
    Originally posted by tsb
    It is being discussed on the credit card board
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=74298801#post74298801
    Did you really mean to put loose?
    Lose: no longer possess, not to retain, unable to find
    Loose: not firmly or tightly fixed in place
    • wizzywig27
    • By wizzywig27 18th May 18, 12:54 PM
    • 1,121 Posts
    • 753 Thanks
    wizzywig27
    How long was the gap between you cancelling the DD and it being paid? They are claimed in advance of the payment date.
    Originally posted by ValiantSon
    Admittedly it was the day before (cancelled Sunday, taken Monday), my point was that they should have warned me when I cancelled it that it might still be taken. Another point I made was that if their text message service was working (they advised it wasnt) - it would then of at least provided me with the opportunity to put the money in and avoid charges
    • pochisoldi
    • By pochisoldi 18th May 18, 1:02 PM
    • 54 Posts
    • 34 Thanks
    pochisoldi
    Originally posted by tsb
    My calculation shows that the cashback is for transactions in the period between when I should have received my last statement and the 16th of May.
    (71p)

What I should have been paid was for transactions posted between April 1st and April 30th. (£5).

So they've now created a cockup on a cockup. They would have been better off paying April's money a month later, and May's money on time (late but correct), but now they have to work out a fix that works, work out a way of unravelling the fix that didn't work, then merge the two together and then hope that it works. And this now has to happen when people should be working on getting statements working, and text alerts fixed.

Whoever's responsible for project risk assessments at TSB needs shooting before they cause any more damage.
    • tsb
    • By tsb 18th May 18, 1:06 PM
    • 234 Posts
    • 785 Thanks
    tsb
    Originally posted by AirlieBird
    Thanks for that. I've posted on there as well.

At the very least, I feel comfort to know it is not just me!
    • pochisoldi
    • By pochisoldi 18th May 18, 1:47 PM
    • 54 Posts
    • 34 Thanks
    pochisoldi
    Thanks for that. I've posted on there as well.

At the very least, I feel comfort to know it is not just me!
    Originally posted by tsb
    The bad news is that TSB are (1) saying that these issues are only affecting a small number of customers and (2) have got so used to spouting bull^H^H^H^H, sorry, lying for so long now, they have started to believe their own spiel.
    • Mchambers
    • By Mchambers 18th May 18, 3:12 PM
    • 923 Posts
    • 276 Thanks
    Mchambers
    Is TSB still sick ?
    • Gers
    • By Gers 18th May 18, 5:32 PM
    • 6,417 Posts
    • 40,596 Thanks
    Gers
    All my accounts are working just fine! Five current accounts plus savers.
    • batg
    • By batg 18th May 18, 5:36 PM
    • 126 Posts
    • 155 Thanks
    batg
    Is TSB still sick ?
    Originally posted by Mchambers
    I would say so.
    I went into a branch today to open a saving account because it wouldn't let me do it online and told me to go to a branch.
    15 minute queue(2 cashiers), gets to front, asks, computer says no. I wasn't amused, was told might be 2 or 3 weeks until an adviser can meet with me, but anyway, the "system" is not letting them do new accounts!
    I watched a few people turned away today who wanted to do something other than put in or withdraw as "such and such machine isn't working" "we can't do that today"
    Maybe the powers that be in TSB should take down the sign on the internet that says GO INTO BRANCH to open accounts

I am going to get rid of my current account with them.
    Jeeez, the poor wife!
    • rail.link
    • By rail.link 18th May 18, 6:03 PM
    • 236 Posts
    • 30 Thanks
    rail.link
    Anybody managed to switch away from TSB successfully, recently?
    • pochisoldi
    • By pochisoldi 18th May 18, 6:25 PM
    • 54 Posts
    • 34 Thanks
    pochisoldi
    Is TSB still sick ?
    Originally posted by Mchambers
    Badly sick. The patient has been on a drip since late April and there's no evidence that their condition is improving at all. The doctors think it's some kind of auto-immune thing where the body keeps attacking itself.
    • EssexExile
    • By EssexExile 18th May 18, 7:10 PM
    • 2,826 Posts
    • 1,965 Thanks
    EssexExile
    I complained on Facebook about a fortnight ago that things they said were fixed, weren't. I got a response today, but it wasn't relevant to the problem I raised.
    Tall, dark & handsome. Well two out of three ain't bad.
    • eugenespeed
    • By eugenespeed 18th May 18, 7:30 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    eugenespeed
    Has anyone else noticed that since this update, their £10 buffer zone has gone?
    • Mchambers
    • By Mchambers 18th May 18, 8:31 PM
    • 923 Posts
    • 276 Thanks
    Mchambers
    I complained on Facebook about a fortnight ago that things they said were fixed, weren't. I got a response today, but it wasn't relevant to the problem I raised.
    Originally posted by EssexExile
    You are surely not saying that TSB are lying ?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

61Posts Today

2,789Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin