Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Callum
    • By MSE Callum 23rd Apr 18, 12:07 PM
    • 266Posts
    • 109Thanks
    MSE Callum
    MSE News: TSB customers STILL unable to use online banking after weekend upgrade
    • 23rd Apr 18, 12:07 PM
    MSE News: TSB customers STILL unable to use online banking after weekend upgrade 23rd Apr 18 at 12:07 PM
    TSB customers are experiencing problems using online banking and the bank's mobile app on Monday morning - more than 12 hours after a planned upgrade was supposed to finish...
    Read the full story:
    'TSB customers STILL unable to use online banking after weekend upgrade'

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply.
    Read the latest MSE News
    Flag up a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
    Get the Free Martin's Money Tips E-mail
Page 15
    • AirlieBird
    • By AirlieBird 14th May 18, 8:49 AM
    • 1,039 Posts
    • 849 Thanks
    AirlieBird
    Still no cashback here, still no statement available, I think DD is due sometime between end of the week and Monday, but not sure if it will go out and value as haven't see statement.

No mention on the FAQ about the cashback issue, are they even looking into this?
    Originally posted by SuiDreams
    It won't be near the top of the priority list of things they have to fix. It will get paid eventually.
    Did you really mean to put loose?
    Lose: no longer possess, not to retain, unable to find
    Loose: not firmly or tightly fixed in place
    • Cotta
    • By Cotta 14th May 18, 10:32 AM
    • 2,760 Posts
    • 1,117 Thanks
    Cotta
    I'm still unable to get into my account as of today.
    • soulsaver
    • By soulsaver 14th May 18, 11:49 AM
    • 1,765 Posts
    • 721 Thanks
    soulsaver
    If I pay into one of my TSB savings accounts and back out into the current account, instead of an external account, will this meet the minimum pay in requirement?
    Originally posted by ThreadDefender
    Yes or even a swap between 2 saving accounts.

Also, I don't want to risk confusing TSB staff, just in case they see a sum for the same amount (as the missing money) entering my account and wrongly assume that the missing money has been returned. To get around this I was going to do two sets of payments of £250 from the TSB current account to the TSB savings account and back. Will this be sufficient to meet the minimum pay in requirement or does the £500 need to be deposited in one go?

TIA!
    Originally posted by ThreadDefender
    Yes two payments totalling £500 works for sure, or just do one for £500.99 say..
    • GTR King
    • By GTR King 14th May 18, 1:57 PM
    • 805 Posts
    • 147 Thanks
    GTR King
    Still can't order statements online... Hope that is fixed soon
    • gingercordial
    • By gingercordial 14th May 18, 2:39 PM
    • 1,172 Posts
    • 1,217 Thanks
    gingercordial
    On the CC DDs the TSB page says

"There have been some issues with direct debits being paid for TSB credit cards. Weíre really sorry about this. We are investigating the problem and if your payment to your TSB card hasnít been triggered we will be in touch to let you know, and will try to take the payment on your next due date. You will not be charged any extra interest or fees as a result of a delayed direct debit, and there will be no impact on your credit record.

You donít need to contact us about this Ė we will be making corrections to any extra interest that you may see on your credit card account."
    Originally posted by AirlieBird

Thanks for finding this - I had been wondering what was going on with the credit card payments.

I have a 0% BT credit card at TSB with a monthly DD set up from Halifax to pay it at £20/month (higher than the minimum) towards the end of the month.

The DD has not come out of my Halifax account. The weird thing is that it does appear as having been received on 27 April on my TSB credit card statement and balance. This means at the moment I am up by £20.

I wonder if that will be spotted, since the TSB system shows it as paid?

Actually I'm only up by £17 as the non-collection of the DD in April means I have not met the criteria for my £3 Halifax reward, which is annoying. If they correct it and take £40 in May I will actually be £3 down as a result of the error - an irritating amount as it's not really big enough to complain about!
    • Mchambers
    • By Mchambers 14th May 18, 5:34 PM
    • 988 Posts
    • 308 Thanks
    Mchambers
    Got my 2nd letter today from TSB with regards my complaint. It basically said that I can go the ombudsman anytime and they will agree with the ombudsman to consider my complaint if it outside the 6 month period.

Mmm...I think that I will just wait.
    • veryintrigued
    • By veryintrigued 14th May 18, 6:09 PM
    • 2,416 Posts
    • 1,855 Thanks
    veryintrigued
    Thanks for finding this - I had been wondering what was going on with the credit card payments.

I have a 0% BT credit card at TSB with a monthly DD set up from Halifax to pay it at £20/month (higher than the minimum) towards the end of the month.

The DD has not come out of my Halifax account. The weird thing is that it does appear as having been received on 27 April on my TSB credit card statement and balance. This means at the moment I am up by £20.

I wonder if that will be spotted, since the TSB system shows it as paid?

Actually I'm only up by £17 as the non-collection of the DD in April means I have not met the criteria for my £3 Halifax reward, which is annoying. If they correct it and take £40 in May I will actually be £3 down as a result of the error - an irritating amount as it's not really big enough to complain about!
    Originally posted by gingercordial
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5835493
    • fun4everyone
    • By fun4everyone 14th May 18, 6:17 PM
    • 1,003 Posts
    • 1,542 Thanks
    fun4everyone
    Are we ever going to be able to open accounts online again?

https://www.tsb.co.uk/help/online-application-status/

Love how they still advertise here monthly saver can be opened online

https://www.tsb.co.uk/savings/monthly-saver/

First world problems.
    • kidmugsy
    • By kidmugsy 14th May 18, 8:02 PM
    • 11,111 Posts
    • 7,677 Thanks
    kidmugsy
    First world problems.
    Originally posted by fun4everyone
    They are the importance sort. If the First World doesn't function the rest of the world starves.
    Free the dunston one next time too.
    • veryintrigued
    • By veryintrigued 14th May 18, 8:20 PM
    • 2,416 Posts
    • 1,855 Thanks
    veryintrigued
    They are the importance sort. If the First World doesn't function the rest of the world starves.
    Originally posted by kidmugsy
    Did i really just read that?
    • No_6
    • By No_6 14th May 18, 9:59 PM
    • 640 Posts
    • 129 Thanks
    No_6
    and why would anyone want to open a TSB account at the moment.
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 14th May 18, 10:02 PM
    • 55,533 Posts
    • 222,994 Thanks
    beanielou
    Second holding letter received today about my complaint.
    Still cant see credit card on line nor can it be found in branch.
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 11 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger.
    • stclair
    • By stclair 14th May 18, 10:55 PM
    • 6,479 Posts
    • 3,430 Thanks
    stclair
    Got my 2nd letter today from TSB with regards my complaint. It basically said that I can go the ombudsman anytime and they will agree with the ombudsman to consider my complaint if it outside the 6 month period.

Originally posted by Mchambers
    Iíve had the same letter though it was off as theyíve not even investigated anything yet with my compliant.
    Im an ex employee RBS Group
    However Any Opinion Given On MSE Is Strictly My Own
    • Cotta
    • By Cotta 15th May 18, 1:51 PM
    • 2,760 Posts
    • 1,117 Thanks
    Cotta
    We have to be realistic, in response to our complaints at most we will get the issue resolved and a small goodwill gesture of £30.
    • Mchambers
    • By Mchambers 15th May 18, 3:29 PM
    • 988 Posts
    • 308 Thanks
    Mchambers
    We have to be realistic, in response to our complaints at most we will get the issue resolved and a small goodwill gesture of £30.
    Originally posted by Cotta
    Then people will go to the FCA.
    • eskbanker
    • By eskbanker 15th May 18, 4:01 PM
    • 7,555 Posts
    • 8,202 Thanks
    eskbanker
    Originally posted by Cotta
    Then people will go to the FCA.
    Have you still not managed to understand the difference between FCA and FOS?
    My dad will also be going to the FCA.
    ....or he could just go straight to the FOS, as that's where the FCA will tell him to go, as per https://www.fca.org.uk/about/complain-about-regulators:
    The regulators cannot consider complaints about the firms we regulate. If you have a complaint about a firm, then you should raise this initially with the firm. If you remain unhappy with the outcome, you may be able to make a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service
    Originally posted by eskbanker
    • AirlieBird
    • By AirlieBird 15th May 18, 4:24 PM
    • 1,039 Posts
    • 849 Thanks
    AirlieBird
    For those querying the credit card cashback, TSB say it will be paid by the end of this week and be back to normal next month.
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 15th May 18, 5:49 PM
    • 55,533 Posts
    • 222,994 Thanks
    beanielou
    For those querying the credit card cashback, TSB say it will be paid by the end of this week and be back to normal next month.
    Originally posted by AirlieBird
    Thanks
    How did you find out?
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 11 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger.
    • AirlieBird
    • By AirlieBird 15th May 18, 6:14 PM
    • 1,039 Posts
    • 849 Thanks
    AirlieBird
    Thanks
    How did you find out?
    Originally posted by beanielou
    It's on their FAQ
    • ValiantSon
    • By ValiantSon 15th May 18, 8:15 PM
    • 2,259 Posts
    • 2,146 Thanks
    ValiantSon

You've already told us that they had settled your complaint and paid you compensation (this was after originally claiming that you hadn't had any problems, but your father had, and that he had been paid compensation). Something tells me that you are telling porkies.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,440Posts Today

8,501Users online

Martin's Twitter