Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Callum
    • By MSE Callum 23rd Apr 18, 12:07 PM
    • 386Posts
    • 139Thanks
    MSE Callum
    MSE News: TSB customers STILL unable to use online banking after weekend upgrade
    • 23rd Apr 18, 12:07 PM
    MSE News: TSB customers STILL unable to use online banking after weekend upgrade 23rd Apr 18 at 12:07 PM
    TSB customers are experiencing problems using online banking and the bank's mobile app on Monday morning - more than 12 hours after a planned upgrade was supposed to finish...
    Read the full story:
    'TSB customers STILL unable to use online banking after weekend upgrade'

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.
    Read the latest MSE News
    Flag up a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
Page 14
    • Gers
    • By Gers 10th May 18, 4:18 PM
    • 6,786 Posts
    • 44,586 Thanks
    Gers
    The CEO of TSB for the outrage of service since friday the20/04/2018

Done via Goggle Translate perhaps?? Does not make sense.
    • Al Ross
    • By Al Ross 10th May 18, 5:25 PM
    • 481 Posts
    • 114 Thanks
    Al Ross
    No TSB Online Banking Again
    Log on = nothing.
    • msallen
    • By msallen 10th May 18, 5:30 PM
    • 906 Posts
    • 1,048 Thanks
    msallen
    How ridiculous. Would the angry mob please form an orderly queue?

Whoever wrote this petition would do well to correct their poor English if they hope to be taken seriously.
    Originally posted by ValiantSon
    Given its only attracted 29 signatures in 13 days it would appear that the vast majority of people are no more impressed with it than you or me
    • ThreadDefender
    • By ThreadDefender 10th May 18, 10:40 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 24 Thanks
    ThreadDefender
    £500 still missing!
    So... I have not received any news about the £500 paid out as a SO that is still missing from my account but has not been paid to the recipient.

I'm now concerned that the same thing will happen for my next scheduled £500 in/out payment (to earn monthly interest) so I'm thinking of cancelling the standing orders.

If I pay into one of my TSB savings accounts and back out into the current account, instead of an external account, will this meet the minimum pay in requirement?

Also, I don't want to risk confusing TSB staff, just in case they see a sum for the same amount (as the missing money) entering my account and wrongly assume that the missing money has been returned. To get around this I was going to do two sets of payments of £250 from the TSB current account to the TSB savings account and back. Will this be sufficient to meet the minimum pay in requirement or does the £500 need to be deposited in one go?

TIA!
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 10th May 18, 10:43 PM
    • 57,948 Posts
    • 238,370 Thanks
    beanielou
    So... I have not received any news about the £500 paid out as a SO that is still missing from my account but has not been paid to the recipient.

I'm now concerned that the same thing will happen for my next scheduled £500 in/out payment (to earn monthly interest) so I'm thinking of cancelling the standing orders.

If I pay into one of my TSB savings accounts and back out into the current account, instead of an external account, will this meet the minimum pay in requirement?

Also, I don't want to risk confusing TSB staff, just in case they see a sum for the same amount (as the missing money) entering my account and wrongly assume that the missing money has been returned. To get around this I was going to do two sets of payments of £250 from the TSB current account to the TSB savings account and back. Will this be sufficient to meet the minimum pay in requirement or does the £500 need to be deposited in one go?

TIA!
    Originally posted by ThreadDefender
    The money does not need to be depoisited in one go.
    Whether transferring between two TSB accounts works I dont know.
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 12 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. MFW 2018. No 144
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 10th May 18, 10:47 PM
    • 57,948 Posts
    • 238,370 Thanks
    beanielou
    Oh & sorry about your £500.

WheN i was in branch the other day a man was complaining because he had paid in £2500 in cheques a few days before & they had never been credited to his account

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Keep plodding***
    • No_6
    • By No_6 10th May 18, 11:00 PM
    • 680 Posts
    • 139 Thanks
    No_6
    BUT...he may have been telling porkies
    to get some £1.....................................
    • SuiDreams
    • By SuiDreams 11th May 18, 8:36 AM
    • 2,313 Posts
    • 10,295 Thanks
    SuiDreams
    Maybe tomorrow ?
    Hopefully.
    Originally posted by beanielou

Still nothing showing in my account. Anyone else got their Credit card Cashback?
    • magicgranny
    • By magicgranny 11th May 18, 10:05 AM
    • 16 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    magicgranny
    Tsb debacle
    I am a relatively new TSB customer having taken up their switching offer which was quite attractive. I have had difficulties over the past two weeks and am still unable to log in to my account. It keeps diverting me to the page for changing log in details, and even if I comply, it still won't let me log in next time I try. I tried to phone, it's an automated system that didn't fit my query, and we went round and round in circles 4 times before I was put on hold awaiting an advisor. I was still waiting more than half an hour later when I gave up. My nearest branch is more than 20 miles away so that's not very convenient. I have posted several messages on FB and finally they replied yesterday. I am not a happy customer I can tell you.
    • B_G_B
    • By B_G_B 11th May 18, 10:29 AM
    • 456 Posts
    • 456 Thanks
    B_G_B
    Still nothing showing in my account. Anyone else got their Credit card Cashback?
    Originally posted by SuiDreams
    No cash back. Normally entered around 8th and dated around 5th.
    DD not taken to pay CC. DD is pulled from another bank. Spoke to an advisor yesterday (55 mins to get through) who said probably best not to make a manual payment. Assured me that there would be no late payment fee or negative report to CRA’s. I am going to leave alone until problems are sorted.
    • AirlieBird
    • By AirlieBird 11th May 18, 10:34 AM
    • 1,039 Posts
    • 850 Thanks
    AirlieBird
    On the CC DDs the TSB page says

"There have been some issues with direct debits being paid for TSB credit cards. We’re really sorry about this. We are investigating the problem and if your payment to your TSB card hasn’t been triggered we will be in touch to let you know, and will try to take the payment on your next due date. You will not be charged any extra interest or fees as a result of a delayed direct debit, and there will be no impact on your credit record.

You don’t need to contact us about this – we will be making corrections to any extra interest that you may see on your credit card account."
    Did you really mean to put loose?
    Lose: no longer possess, not to retain, unable to find
    Loose: not firmly or tightly fixed in place
    • movingon
    • By movingon 11th May 18, 11:27 AM
    • 324 Posts
    • 194 Thanks
    movingon
    Credit Card cashback
    No cashback for me either, and my balance on statement is different to overall balance.
    • SuiDreams
    • By SuiDreams 11th May 18, 11:28 AM
    • 2,313 Posts
    • 10,295 Thanks
    SuiDreams
    No cash back. Normally entered around 8th and dated around 5th.
    DD not taken to pay CC. DD is pulled from another bank. Spoke to an advisor yesterday (55 mins to get through) who said probably best not to make a manual payment. Assured me that there would be no late payment fee or negative report to CRA’s. I am going to leave alone until problems are sorted.
    Originally posted by B_G_B

My DD I think is due in about 10days time, hope they sort that issue before then, Seems that the credit cards are in a worse mess than the current accounts.
    • SuiDreams
    • By SuiDreams 11th May 18, 11:31 AM
    • 2,313 Posts
    • 10,295 Thanks
    SuiDreams
    On the CC DDs the TSB page says

"There have been some issues with direct debits being paid for TSB credit cards. We’re really sorry about this. We are investigating the problem and if your payment to your TSB card hasn’t been triggered we will be in touch to let you know, and will try to take the payment on your next due date. You will not be charged any extra interest or fees as a result of a delayed direct debit, and there will be no impact on your credit record.

You don’t need to contact us about this – we will be making corrections to any extra interest that you may see on your credit card account."
    Originally posted by AirlieBird

Could be other implications of them doing this, some people may go over credit limit, and if you pay in full by DD and use the card for all your spending DD for 2 months could be quite big. luckily this is just a supplementary card for me, but did put extra through it last month.
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 11th May 18, 1:29 PM
    • 57,948 Posts
    • 238,370 Thanks
    beanielou
    Still no cashback.
    Still not showing in my accounts either.
    I am using an automated system to check my balace.
    I am getting weary.

***Keep plodding***
    • notjustamum1
    • By notjustamum1 11th May 18, 2:02 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    notjustamum1
    STILL unable to use online banking, 4 weeks on!
    I feel like this is old news, and the assumption is that everyone affected by the IT issues now have access to their online accounts. THIS IS NOT THE CASE. Today is the 11th May, and I haven't been able to access my TSB online account since the 18th April - before the IT meltdown - as they blocked access due to an attempted fraud. The fraud team identified the source of the fraud on the 20th April, but since the IT issues, I've been unable to unblock the account. I've spent hours trying to get through on the phones to have it unlocked with no success, tried in the branches which are mobbed, the branches say they still can't unlock my account and it needs to be done over the phone. This is nearly a month, and I can't login to pay bills, change standing orders, check payments have been made, etc. I'm close to giving up on TSB altogether.
    • ValiantSon
    • By ValiantSon 11th May 18, 8:55 PM
    • 2,536 Posts
    • 2,518 Thanks
    ValiantSon
    I feel like this is old news, and the assumption is that everyone affected by the IT issues now have access to their online accounts. THIS IS NOT THE CASE. Today is the 11th May, and I haven't been able to access my TSB online account since the 18th April - before the IT meltdown - as they blocked access due to an attempted fraud.
    Originally posted by notjustamum1
    So completely unrelated to the platform migration then!

The fraud team identified the source of the fraud on the 20th April, but since the IT issues, I've been unable to unblock the account. I've spent hours trying to get through on the phones to have it unlocked with no success, tried in the branches which are mobbed, the branches say they still can't unlock my account and it needs to be done over the phone. This is nearly a month, and I can't login to pay bills, change standing orders, check payments have been made, etc. I'm close to giving up on TSB altogether.
    Originally posted by notjustamum1
    Is your issue that the wait times on the phone are very long?
    • SuiDreams
    • By SuiDreams 14th May 18, 8:35 AM
    • 2,313 Posts
    • 10,295 Thanks
    SuiDreams
    Still no cashback.
    Still not showing in my accounts either.
    I am using an automated system to check my balace.
    I am getting weary.
    Originally posted by beanielou

Still no cashback here, still no statement available, I think DD is due sometime between end of the week and Monday, but not sure if it will go out and value as haven't see statement.

No mention on the FAQ about the cashback issue, are they even looking into this?
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 14th May 18, 8:42 AM
    • 57,948 Posts
    • 238,370 Thanks
    beanielou
    Still no cashback here, still no statement available, I think DD is due sometime between end of the week and Monday, but not sure if it will go out and value as haven't see statement.

No mention on the FAQ about the cashback issue, are they even looking into this?
    Probably not.

***Keep plodding***
    • molerat
    • By molerat 14th May 18, 8:45 AM
    • 19,570 Posts
    • 13,764 Thanks
    molerat
    Not had any real problems apart from the CC statement issues, payments in and out of classic account have worked OK. Showing correct minimum payment and due date on screen but wrong next statement date. DD went out from Santander this morning on time so they are obviously slowly getting it together. Still no £5.
    https://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/give-support/donate-now/
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,561Posts Today

9,630Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Just sent a text about postgrad loans. My Swype text auto-corrected it to pothead loans. Does it know something I don't?

• Are you an overdraft prisoner? How to escape it! My new blog on ways to get rid of your overdraft... https://t.co/KbJwbWLFQI

• RT @bbc5live: .@MartinSLewis joins @annaefoster from midday to answer your money saving questions. ???? 08085 909 693 ???? 85058 Or post your q?

• Follow Martin