Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Callum
    • By MSE Callum 23rd Apr 18, 12:07 PM
    • 328Posts
    • 121Thanks
    MSE Callum
    MSE News: TSB customers STILL unable to use online banking after weekend upgrade
    • 23rd Apr 18, 12:07 PM
    MSE News: TSB customers STILL unable to use online banking after weekend upgrade 23rd Apr 18 at 12:07 PM
    TSB customers are experiencing problems using online banking and the bank's mobile app on Monday morning - more than 12 hours after a planned upgrade was supposed to finish...
    Read the full story:
    'TSB customers STILL unable to use online banking after weekend upgrade'

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply.
    Read the latest MSE News
    Flag up a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
Page 12
    • eskbanker
    • By eskbanker 8th May 18, 2:20 PM
    • 7,983 Posts
    • 8,886 Thanks
    eskbanker
    Have you tried the CORRECT web address yet?
    Originally posted by Gers
    You do realise that you two are talking at complete cross purposes?

You're referring to the new address for online banking (so that you can get on with accessing your account), but Mchambers is looking (deliberately I believe) at their personal banking home page where they're occasionally providing updates about their technical woes, so that he can continue to indulge his theory that nothing can be said to work until TSB explicitly announce that everything's been fixed....
    • Mchambers
    • By Mchambers 8th May 18, 2:51 PM
    • 988 Posts
    • 309 Thanks
    Mchambers
    You do realise that you two are talking at complete cross purposes?

You're referring to the new address for online banking (so that you can get on with accessing your account), but Mchambers is looking (deliberately I believe) at their personal banking home page where they're occasionally providing updates about their technical woes, so that he can continue to indulge his theory that nothing can be said to work until TSB explicitly announce that everything's been fixed....
    Originally posted by eskbanker
    Absolutely correct. Until they advise that everything is sorted and working, I will not try to access TSB.

I tried to phone them earlier. After waiting for over 10 mins, I gave up. TSB obviously still have massive problems !
    • wizzywig27
    • By wizzywig27 8th May 18, 2:58 PM
    • 1,207 Posts
    • 798 Thanks
    wizzywig27
    I wish there was a 'block' button. This guy is annoying!
    • Cotta
    • By Cotta 8th May 18, 3:06 PM
    • 2,886 Posts
    • 1,135 Thanks
    Cotta
    Added stress to my complaint. Now waiting for wonga.
    Originally posted by Mchambers
    How much Wonga are you realistically expecting?
    • fun4everyone
    • By fun4everyone 8th May 18, 3:11 PM
    • 1,019 Posts
    • 1,554 Thanks
    fun4everyone
    I don't expect or want any compensation but I still cannot get through on the phone to discuss administration of my accounts as I get hung up on by the automated system after going through all the menus.

I also still cannot open a new monthly saver online despite it being advertised as being able to done that way here https://www.tsb.co.uk/savings/monthly-saver/.

Honestly it's been like this for weeks and weeks now and it's taking the !!!!. Complaining is fine by me, expecting compensation when you have not been put through financial stress is not.
    • eskbanker
    • By eskbanker 8th May 18, 3:12 PM
    • 7,983 Posts
    • 8,886 Thanks
    eskbanker
    Originally posted by wizzywig27
    There's an ignore list feature within the user control panel, accessible via the 'User CP' link further up the page, at least it is on the 'green skin' version of the site....
    • Mchambers
    • By Mchambers 8th May 18, 5:39 PM
    • 988 Posts
    • 309 Thanks
    Mchambers
    How much Wonga are you realistically expecting?
    Originally posted by Cotta
    As much as I can get !
    • ValiantSon
    • By ValiantSon 8th May 18, 6:02 PM
    • 2,537 Posts
    • 2,509 Thanks
    ValiantSon
    You can put him on your ignore list. You'll see that he has posted, but you won't see what he has posted (although you could probably guess).
    • Ashen
    • By Ashen 8th May 18, 6:07 PM
    • 487 Posts
    • 352 Thanks
    Ashen
    Direct link to add him to ignore list, at least on the old style forum (not sure if same URL works on new style):
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/profile.php?do=addlist&userlist=ignore&u=2385399
    Last edited by Ashen; 08-05-2018 at 6:10 PM.
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 8th May 18, 6:25 PM
    • 56,771 Posts
    • 230,945 Thanks
    beanielou
    Direct link to add him to ignore list, at least on the old style forum (not sure if same URL works on new style):
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/profile.php?do=addlist&userlist=ignore&u=2385399
    Originally posted by Ashen
    It works. Thanks.

Still no CC showing for me.
    Now into the third week
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 11 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. MFW 2018. No 144
    • GTR King
    • By GTR King 8th May 18, 6:54 PM
    • 821 Posts
    • 151 Thanks
    GTR King
    I can access then website perfectly fine sometimes slow...

All I wanna do is check what statements I can order etc but it keeps saying service temporally unavailable

That must mean TSB are not printing any statements or ordering any at the moment... Might be that they are changing the statement design if not connected to lloyds any more...

I have complained but will give them a week or 2 to see what they do... if can't order a paper statement in 2 weeks time I will be leaving

Has anyone else got their statements/ordered them online?

Edit done it over the phone way easier than online but will try online at a later date
    Last edited by GTR King; 08-05-2018 at 7:11 PM.
    • wizzywig27
    • By wizzywig27 8th May 18, 7:19 PM
    • 1,207 Posts
    • 798 Thanks
    wizzywig27
    I complained almost three weeks ago, Ive had nothing. No email, call or letter, I thought by FOS regulations they had to acknowledge complaints within 5 days?

Anyway could I eck find an email address to contact them (phone line said call wait times were over 30 mins and to call back later then hung up). I emailed Paul Pester, got a response from him (or his email address at least) saying he would get head of customer service to call me back, that was a week ago and Ive still had nothing. I dont expect to jump the queue or anything by contacting him, but a quick call or email from their complaints team isnt much to ask.....is It?
    • GTR King
    • By GTR King 8th May 18, 7:24 PM
    • 821 Posts
    • 151 Thanks
    GTR King
    I complained at the weekend... Telling them to tell me a date I can order a statement online, if they can't tell me a date then to order every statement/documents for all my accounts etc

will see if they get back to me & what they say
    Last edited by GTR King; 08-05-2018 at 7:35 PM.
    • phillw
    • By phillw 8th May 18, 8:31 PM
    • 1,354 Posts
    • 982 Thanks
    phillw
    Absolutely correct. Until they advise that everything is sorted and working, I will not try to access TSB.

I tried to phone them earlier. After waiting for over 10 mins, I gave up. TSB obviously still have massive problems !
    Originally posted by Mchambers
    How do you keep an idiot waiting?
    • eskbanker
    • By eskbanker 9th May 18, 12:31 AM
    • 7,983 Posts
    • 8,886 Thanks
    eskbanker
    I complained almost three weeks ago
    As the impact of their systems upgrade started just over two weeks ago on Sunday 22 April, this presumably will have swamped their complaints team, so complaints about other matters raised previously may be getting less priority while they take care of the fallout from their catastrophic major outages? This would appear to be endorsed by https://www.tsb.co.uk/help/complaints/, stating "Because of the problems our customers have been experiencing weíve been having more complaints than normal, which may take us longer to resolve", so they're obviously hoping that people with complaints about other matters will cut them some slack....

Ive had nothing. No email, call or letter, I thought by FOS regulations they had to acknowledge complaints within 5 days?
    The FOS is just the ombudsman service rather than the regulator, but the FCA just says 'prompt' acknowledgement rather than anything more specific, at https://www.handbook.fca.org.uk/handbook/DISP/1/6.html:
    On receipt of a complaint, a respondent must:

(1) send the complainant a prompt written acknowledgement providing early reassurance that it has received the complaint and is dealing with it; and
    (2) ensure the complainant is kept informed thereafter of the progress of the measures being taken for the complaint's resolution.
    • wizzywig27
    • By wizzywig27 9th May 18, 8:41 AM
    • 1,207 Posts
    • 798 Thanks
    wizzywig27
    TSB website: 'Rest assured we'll be in regular contact to keep you updated'

Thats one thing they havent done in my situation. Its three weeks tomorrow I raised my complaint. I have been very polite and understanding of their situation (on my complaint and email to CEO) but I am starting to lose my patience a little.
    • Mchambers
    • By Mchambers 9th May 18, 8:58 AM
    • 988 Posts
    • 309 Thanks
    Mchambers
    TSB website: 'Rest assured we'll be in regular contact to keep you updated'

Thats one thing they havent done in my situation. Its three weeks tomorrow I raised my complaint. I have been very polite and understanding of their situation (on my complaint and email to CEO) but I am starting to lose my patience a little.
    Good reminder....I must send an em to Pester. I do not think that he will be there for long.
    • jnm21
    • By jnm21 9th May 18, 9:13 AM
    • 662 Posts
    • 174 Thanks
    jnm21
    To anyone not wanting compensation, a) take it to show all banks how much this sort of service can cost - give them a better business case not to risk treating customers like this & b) give it to your local food bank - I'm sure this fiasco has sent more customers their way!

I think there should be a poll - which is the biggest c*** up in British retail banking - can see RBS & TSB polling well! Not to forget Nationwide & their free cash debited much later issue.

I now feel so lucky that TSB didn't bother fixing their Chrome issue in over two years - the one that stopped me joining them last year!
    • chinners123
    • By chinners123 9th May 18, 9:40 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    chinners123
    Can I ask any TSB Business customers out there if their issues have been resolved yet? Mine haven't: I can log on most of the time (although sometimes it logs me out again) but I'm still getting an error when trying to view a full statement (although the mini-statement seems OK).

I've also noticed I've been credited for an invoice I put out - twice, for the same invoice (which is nice). I have managed to sucessfully transfer money although I missed a salary payment.

I'm just wondering because many people on this forum are saying their accounts are fully functional - I'm wondering if there is a difference between business and personal functionality...

My Quickbooks has been unable to connect for 21 days now - that's not so good. It's a really useful feature to have and I'm not willing (just yet) to go down the export/import CSV route right now - and extra time spent by my book keeper on manual reconciliation isn't something I'm prepared to pay for just yet.

So - a lot more is working OK, but it's certainly not fully functional - at least, not on my business accounts. If everybody else's business accounts are fine, I'm going to feel personally affronted (I'm joking, before I'm requoted). Oh, and before anyone else asks, yes, I'm using the correct URL. Although why TSB can't just pop a simple redirect on an old non-functional URL is beyond me!
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 9th May 18, 11:05 AM
    • 56,771 Posts
    • 230,945 Thanks
    beanielou
    My credit card is still now showing on internet or mobile banking app.
    I have tried to work out roughly where I am with it but really it is not the best.
    Written confirmation of my complaint & nothing else since last week.
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 11 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. MFW 2018. No 144
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,719Posts Today

8,662Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Dora_Haf: @MartinSLewis So many people on here saying they're great until you get your PROPER job. What if Your proper job Is ON zero?

• RT @hslt88: @MartinSLewis I?m a trustee for a youth charity. We only have a limited pool of funds for flexible youth workers for holiday sc?

• RT @Dan_i_elle_88: @MartinSLewis Loved working zero hour agency care work. Never out of work and I loved having the flexibility! Only left?

• Follow Martin