Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Callum
    • By MSE Callum 23rd Apr 18, 12:07 PM
    • 215Posts
    • 94Thanks
    MSE Callum
    MSE News: TSB customers STILL unable to use online banking after weekend upgrade
    • 23rd Apr 18, 12:07 PM
    MSE News: TSB customers STILL unable to use online banking after weekend upgrade 23rd Apr 18 at 12:07 PM
    TSB customers are experiencing problems using online banking and the bank's mobile app on Monday morning - more than 12 hours after a planned upgrade was supposed to finish...
    Read the full story:
    'TSB customers STILL unable to use online banking after weekend upgrade'

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply.
    Read the latest MSE News
    Flag up a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
    Get the Free Martin's Money Tips E-mail
Page 11
    • mgdavid
    • By mgdavid 7th May 18, 8:47 PM
    • 5,594 Posts
    • 4,916 Thanks
    mgdavid
    As a disgruntled customer impacted by this I can take whatever position I want in relation to this issue.
    Originally posted by Lolly88
    well, yes - but it rather depends on whether you wish to appear knowledgeable, rational and sensible, or a bit of a p...
    The questions that get the best answers are the questions that give most detail....
    • mgdavid
    • By mgdavid 7th May 18, 8:50 PM
    • 5,594 Posts
    • 4,916 Thanks
    mgdavid
    ...... The system is a complete mess. Maybe you should sign on and you will see.........
    Originally posted by paragon909
    No it's not. I've had fault-free online banking using the new link for at least a week.
    Your outrage is both very funny and totally misplaced. Such a first-world problem....
    The questions that get the best answers are the questions that give most detail....
    • ValiantSon
    • By ValiantSon 7th May 18, 8:51 PM
    • 1,866 Posts
    • 1,723 Thanks
    ValiantSon
    As a disgruntled customer impacted by this I can take whatever position I want in relation to this issue.
    Originally posted by Lolly88
    What mgdavid said.
    • veryintrigued
    • By veryintrigued 7th May 18, 9:00 PM
    • 2,372 Posts
    • 1,785 Thanks
    veryintrigued
    Let us wait until we get an official announcement from TSB when they have fixed their IT debacle.

When it eventually happens, they will advertise it to the press and we will all know.

Until I see this, I am not logging on to internet banking and earning loads of compensation
    Originally posted by Mchambers
    Have you heard there's some faults on this site?

Maybe you could plan a similar boycott strategy?
    • Lolly88
    • By Lolly88 7th May 18, 9:36 PM
    • 309 Posts
    • 829 Thanks
    Lolly88
    well, yes - but it rather depends on whether you wish to appear knowledgeable, rational and sensible, or a bit of a p...
    Originally posted by mgdavid
    It's really of no consequence to me how I appear to faceless, nameless people on the internet in relation to this issue. I am dissatified at not being able to access important features of a banking service for over 2 weeks and expressed my frustrations in the appropriate thread about it. If that makes me a bit of a p... then so be it.
    House Fund - £35078.21
    Currently buying a house
    • Mchambers
    • By Mchambers 7th May 18, 9:48 PM
    • 896 Posts
    • 269 Thanks
    Mchambers
    Have you heard there's some faults on this site?

Maybe you could plan a similar boycott strategy?
    Originally posted by veryintrigued
    Only TSB will be boycotted until they fix all problems.
    • ValiantSon
    • By ValiantSon 7th May 18, 10:05 PM
    • 1,866 Posts
    • 1,723 Thanks
    ValiantSon
    What a shame.
    • faddy
    • By faddy 7th May 18, 11:35 PM
    • 464 Posts
    • 52 Thanks
    faddy
    Has anyone successfully transferred a balance to a TSB credit card since the meltdown? It doesn't work online though I haven't yet tried by phone.
    • Gers
    • By Gers 8th May 18, 5:29 AM
    • 6,411 Posts
    • 40,526 Thanks
    Gers

Have you tried the URL I posted? The new one which they put in the email which also said that the old URL would stop working. That's the one you keep trying!
    • Uxb
    • By Uxb 8th May 18, 7:54 AM
    • 1,051 Posts
    • 1,113 Thanks
    Uxb
    I have also logged on from the new online access url linked from the the TSB home page successfully today (as I did last week sometime)
    I have just transferred some money between TSB accounts and did a faster payment to another bank which arrived in seconds.
    So for the extent that I personally use TSB it appears fully functional.
    • veryintrigued
    • By veryintrigued 8th May 18, 8:07 AM
    • 2,372 Posts
    • 1,785 Thanks
    veryintrigued
    Have you tried the URL I posted? The new one which they put in the email which also said that the old URL would stop working. That's the one you keep trying!
    Originally posted by Gers
    It's ironic that this character has been banging on for a couple of weeks about not logging in until they've received notification that all is ok.

And yet even without this notification they attempt to log on multiple times to the url TSB have publicised is superseded.

If I were TSB I'd be looking for redress against this character.
    • rdpeat
    • By rdpeat 8th May 18, 10:16 AM
    • 14 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    rdpeat
    Still not working with online one-off payments in or out.
    I have been trying to pay my garage bill as a one-off payment on the TSB website since the upgrade took place. The payment page is still generating an error on the transaction today, more than 2 weeks later. More worryingly, one person trying to pay money into my account online has had the transaction rejected repeatedly. DDs are working in and out OK. I was thinking of moving my business account to TSB. This performance has put me off that idea.
    • Cotta
    • By Cotta 8th May 18, 11:17 AM
    • 2,699 Posts
    • 1,109 Thanks
    Cotta
    Outside of Martin's £40 example there seems to be few TSB customers who have received anything.
    • baggybreeches
    • By baggybreeches 8th May 18, 12:01 PM
    • 61 Posts
    • 131 Thanks
    baggybreeches
    I'm not having issues logging into my online banking but my transactions are all over the place, no DD's are showing should be 3 in the last week, when I contacted the companies one says they've been paid another says it was returned unpaid and the 3rd one can't say what has happened yet :-(
    • xylophone
    • By xylophone 8th May 18, 12:08 PM
    • 25,371 Posts
    • 14,967 Thanks
    xylophone
    I have suffered only very minor inconvenience and as far as I'm concerned,
    the extra interest on two accounts covers any small gripe I may have had.

However, if I were suffering major inconvenience and worry as some posters seem to be, I would by this time be making a complaint.
    • baggybreeches
    • By baggybreeches 8th May 18, 12:22 PM
    • 61 Posts
    • 131 Thanks
    baggybreeches
    I have suffered only very minor inconvenience and as far as I'm concerned,
    the extra interest on two accounts covers any small gripe I may have had.

However, if I were suffering major inconvenience and worry as some posters seem to be, I would by this time be making a complaint.
    Originally posted by xylophone
    I haven't suffered massive inconvenience and I have given them enough time to sort and rectify the issues, 3 weeks later is not really on is it? I don't want compensation, I just want the bank to pay the Direct Debits that should be paid, it's not rocket science is it?
    • xylophone
    • By xylophone 8th May 18, 12:31 PM
    • 25,371 Posts
    • 14,967 Thanks
    xylophone
    I just want the bank to pay the Direct Debits that should be paid, it's not rocket science is it?
    No, it isn't. You don't have to request compensation or accept it if offered - that doesn't change the fact that you have grounds for complaint.
    • baggybreeches
    • By baggybreeches 8th May 18, 12:50 PM
    • 61 Posts
    • 131 Thanks
    baggybreeches
    No, it isn't. You don't have to request compensation or accept it if offered - that doesn't change the fact that you have grounds for complaint.
    Originally posted by xylophone
    Yes I will be complaining, (although now into my 2nd hour of phone conversation I'm not sure when I will have time to write to them!) I need to get the payments put right first otherwise we could just go round in circles :-(
    • Mchambers
    • By Mchambers 8th May 18, 1:27 PM
    • 896 Posts
    • 269 Thanks
    Mchambers
    Added stress to my complaint. Now waiting for wonga.
    • Gers
    • By Gers 8th May 18, 2:04 PM
    • 6,411 Posts
    • 40,526 Thanks
    Gers
    Added stress to my complaint. Now waiting for wonga.

Have you tried the CORRECT web address yet?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

738Posts Today

6,124Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin