Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • determined new ms
    • By determined new ms 23rd Apr 18, 6:30 AM
    • 7,043Posts
    • 41,568Thanks
    determined new ms
    What small DFW things will you do this week - w/c 23rd April?
    • 23rd Apr 18, 6:30 AM
    What small DFW things will you do this week - w/c 23rd April? 23rd Apr 18 at 6:30 AM
    When we start out on the DFW trail we do loads of "big stuff" that makes quite a difference to our situation. These include having our lightbulb moment, cutting up the credit cards and cancelling Sky and the gym.

But once we have done the bigger stuff, we often feel that we are not making the same amount of progress, when in fact the small steps are helping us form good financial habits and helping us get closer everyday to staying in control and becoming debt free, or staying debt free.

Examples could be hanging washing out instead of using the tumble dryer or leaving your purse/wallet at home to avoid the risk of spending.

So be proud of those small steps, they really are important
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Wombling 2017 3016.55/Roadkill 8.73
    Wombling 2018 145.73/RK 0.04
Page 4
    • redpantsandjam
    • By redpantsandjam 9th May 18, 9:46 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 55 Thanks
    redpantsandjam
    So, had a wobble yesterday and ordered takeaway.

Friday's payday, and got two social meals planned. Have set aside a budget for these, loading it onto a prepaid card. Having to try and avoid dipping into my savings, as a friend is visiting in June.

That said, by working out my budget, I could have about 200 saved by then. Activities planned with her are relatively low budget (the perks of living by the beach and near several relatively cheap museums...)

Currently meal planning for all of May/June, but trying to adapt as I often rely on convenience foods, and have a very fussy child. (Oh, ew, Mum. That looks relatively healthy, I think I'm allergic...). That said, however, have found that making my own chips/wedges is saving a boatload. Well, until we take the first aid kit into account.
    DFW: 5,975 to go
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

459Posts Today

4,474Users online

Martin's Twitter