Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Beenie
    • By Beenie 21st Apr 18, 8:47 PM
    • 1,270Posts
    • 1,284Thanks
    Beenie
    The best cleanser you have used?
    • 21st Apr 18, 8:47 PM
    The best cleanser you have used? 21st Apr 18 at 8:47 PM
    I don't much care if it's a cream, a mousse, a gel, a lotion, a micellar, a balm or any mix of the above. What has been the best cleanser for you and your makeup, inc. eye shadow/liner/mascara.

Most of the ones I have used have left a browny gunk on the bathroom towels, rather than being rinsed down the sink, so not a recommendation in my opinion.
Page 2
    • peachyprice
    • By peachyprice 29th Apr 18, 10:14 PM
    • 19,495 Posts
    • 45,207 Thanks
    peachyprice
    Johnson's baby Soft Wash, takes everything on and leaves my skin fresh and clean. And it's only £2.25 a bottle.
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
    • Thisishowyoudoit
    • By Thisishowyoudoit 30th Apr 18, 10:30 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Thisishowyoudoit
    Cerave facial wash is great and at a decent price. I love it
    • Jojo the Tightfisted
    • By Jojo the Tightfisted 4th May 18, 4:26 PM
    • 24,531 Posts
    • 97,446 Thanks
    Jojo the Tightfisted
    Cold Cream, warm water and a flannel. Shifts all eye makeup and leaves everything incredibly soft without stinging - even the so-called gentlest removers make me feel like a white rabbit in a lab (as do all Non Tears formulated products for babies ).

My only problem is that I'm weighing up whether eyelash extensions could be a plan (it feels as though they've halved in length and thickness since I started medication) and I won't be able to use it then.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.

Yup you are officially Rock n Roll
    Originally posted by colinw
    • Judi
    • By Judi 4th May 18, 10:25 PM
    • 16,412 Posts
    • 72,374 Thanks
    Judi
    you wont get makeup off by just washing your face. You will need some sort of cloth to wipe it off too.

If your not wiping it off adequately, stands a chance the brown stuff on your towel is makeup.
    'Holy crap on a cracker!'
    • jenniewb
    • By jenniewb 5th May 18, 2:36 AM
    • 12,437 Posts
    • 11,660 Thanks
    jenniewb
    you wont get makeup off by just washing your face. You will need some sort of cloth to wipe it off too.

If your not wiping it off adequately, stands a chance the brown stuff on your towel is makeup.
    Originally posted by Judi
    Well, the Dermalogica proved this wrong It works for me anyway-even with waterproof mascara, heavy eye liner and eyelid primer, the Precleanse and at worst a second cleanser (following with the same cleanser or a cream cleanser though often I don't need to add in the second step), each step without a cloth (just hands) and everything is removed for me. I'm yet to find another cleanser which works as well but sadly the Dermalogica is a tad out of my price range
    • Judi
    • By Judi 5th May 18, 5:23 PM
    • 16,412 Posts
    • 72,374 Thanks
    Judi
    Have you tried Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish?
    'Holy crap on a cracker!'
    • Sncjw
    • By Sncjw 6th May 18, 7:39 AM
    • 1,863 Posts
    • 1,100 Thanks
    Sncjw
    I second liz Earle I found the starter kit fab won!!!8217;t be tonic and moisturiser. I!!!8217;m not normally a skin care person and it!!!8217;s working for me
    • kaggi
    • By kaggi 7th May 18, 9:25 AM
    • 116 Posts
    • 38 Thanks
    kaggi
    I bought this recently and after using it realised it was the first time I!!!8217;d seen my eyes without any trace of make up for years (I know that!!!8217;s awful but true). It!!!8217;s just amazing and uses nothing but water. Unisex Microfiber Facial Cleansing Makeup Remover Cloth Washcloth Towels-Rose Red/Pink - Rose Red https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01GG1JLH4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_i_r0a8AbJMBT5ZC

Before that I used granite Micellar water which was also good but I'm trying to cut down on plastics this year.
    • Triggercat
    • By Triggercat 7th May 18, 11:14 AM
    • 16 Posts
    • 53 Thanks
    Triggercat
    I!!!8217;ve literally just looked at them. So if they have no product on them then it!!!8217;s just like cleaning your face with a gentle flannel ? I!!!8217;d put soap on mine lol
    • Anoneemoose
    • By Anoneemoose 7th May 18, 12:57 PM
    • 1,926 Posts
    • 2,306 Thanks
    Anoneemoose
    Liz Earle cleanse and polish. It has actually changed my life.

I used to suffer from acne, congestion and horrible, painful cysts. Iíve had everything from the doctor apart from Roaccutane and none of them had the effect that this has.

I do still get the odd hormonal spot, but they are less painful, less noticeable and much easier to cover.
    • joho
    • By joho 11th May 18, 11:55 AM
    • 3,937 Posts
    • 13,628 Thanks
    joho
    I use Dr.Organic Tea Tree Face wash - it gets rid of everything and skin doesn't feel tight afterwards.
    There - in that place; they're - they are; their - owned by them.
    If you have nothing constructive to say, just move along.
    • Beenie
    • By Beenie 11th May 18, 12:17 PM
    • 1,270 Posts
    • 1,284 Thanks
    Beenie
    I use Dr.Organic Tea Tree Face wash - it gets rid of everything and skin doesn't feel tight afterwards.
    Originally posted by joho
    Is that the range sold in Holland and Barrett? I had a look at that but, from memory, it didn't specifically say it removed make-up. I usually avoid face washes for that reason, and look for make-up removing cleansers instead.
    • joho
    • By joho 11th May 18, 1:11 PM
    • 3,937 Posts
    • 13,628 Thanks
    joho
    Is that the range sold in Holland and Barrett? I had a look at that but, from memory, it didn't specifically say it removed make-up. I usually avoid face washes for that reason, and look for make-up removing cleansers instead.
    Originally posted by Beenie
    Yes it is Holland and Barrett. I don't think it does say that it'll remove make-up but it gets rid of all mine, even eye make up. I don't wear lot of make up and only a bit of eyeliner and mascara, so maybe eyeshadow and heavier stuff might not come off completely. I like the feel of washing my face rather than a creamy cleanser. And it's quick and easy.
    There - in that place; they're - they are; their - owned by them.
    If you have nothing constructive to say, just move along.
    • suki1964
    • By suki1964 14th May 18, 11:52 PM
    • 11,176 Posts
    • 29,866 Thanks
    suki1964
    Liz Earle cleanse and polish. It has actually changed my life.

I used to suffer from acne, congestion and horrible, painful cysts. Iíve had everything from the doctor apart from Roaccutane and none of them had the effect that this has.

I do still get the odd hormonal spot, but they are less painful, less noticeable and much easier to cover.
    Originally posted by Anoneemoose
    Have to second this

Have tried cheaper and dearer versions of the hot cloth cleanser but this one is the one that works and the one I go back to every time
    if you lend someone £20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it
    • Spendless
    • By Spendless 15th May 18, 9:54 PM
    • 20,201 Posts
    • 33,471 Thanks
    Spendless
    Well before reading this thread, I never knew people tried removing make up without some sort of cloth or cotton wool. I suppose when I was younger I'd follow the steps in beauty mags or books and when I got old enough to afford a salon trip, I just copied what they did.

I don't wear much make up nowadays, and am at the age where wrinkles are more likely than spots, even hormonal ones, but wouldn't mind recommendations for teenage (15) daughter. Chin and especially forehead prone to spots, occasional ones on cheeks.
    • suki1964
    • By suki1964 15th May 18, 10:44 PM
    • 11,176 Posts
    • 29,866 Thanks
    suki1964
    Liz Earle is marketed to younger skins

You can buy it on QVC to try it and if you don't get along with it send it back for full refund , else large Boots sell it or buy direct
    if you lend someone £20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it
    • GAD1981
    • By GAD1981 15th May 18, 10:51 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    GAD1981
    I love Simple for their range, it's so reasonable and keeps my skin feeling great!
    • Rahul123
    • By Rahul123 1st Jun 18, 2:20 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Rahul123
    Patantanjali products are best
    • sleepymans
    • By sleepymans 1st Jun 18, 2:46 PM
    • 761 Posts
    • 1,142 Thanks
    sleepymans
    I use the big economy cleansing wipes sold in Primark!!
    I bin the cloths rather than flushing them, of course.
    Find them as effective as anything.\I don't use micellar as it has environmental disbenefits
    Goddess
    • Twilightargent
    • By Twilightargent 5th Jun 18, 12:39 AM
    • 12 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Twilightargent
    I don't much care if it's a cream, a mousse, a gel, a lotion, a micellar, a balm or any mix of the above. What has been the best cleanser for you and your makeup, inc. eye shadow/liner/mascara.

Most of the ones I have used have left a browny gunk on the bathroom towels, rather than being rinsed down the sink, so not a recommendation in my opinion.
    Originally posted by Beenie
    Micellar water makes my skin irritated! Not sure how/why.

Best Cleanser I ever used was a brand called Amie about £4 from Superdrug, can't find it anywhere these days.Now I use Nivea Creme Face Wash also about £4
    I have also used, when I was working Aromatherpay Associates Rose Renewal Cleanser which was amazing, changed my skin, settled it down, less noticeable pores, calmed my Rosacea...but I never used it on my eyes and it was £25!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

300Posts Today

3,359Users online

Martin's Twitter