Should I pay off credit card or transfer to another 0% card?

Options
Hello all,

I'm going around in circles with this as I'm not sure what the best option is for me!

Apologies if there is a similar query, I've had a good look and can't find anything similar but if there is then please point me in the right direction!

I have a 0% CC that expires in September this year with a balance of about £2000.

I also have savings in a regular saver that matures on May 16th and I was hoping to pop this into a Stocks & Shares ISA so I have a second set of savings (also saving max amount in Lifetime ISA)

My question is, should I pay off the CC with my savings, or should I get a balance transfer card so I can continue paying around £60 a month while having a second set of savings growing?

Not sure what is the best way to handle it so any advice is appreciated! Fingers crossed I don't sound like too much of a wally :rotfl:

Comments

• molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,857 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    £2K is quite a small amount. As long as you have the cash pretty much instantly available if necessary keep it going on 0% as long as you can.
  • newuser86
    newuser86 Posts: 312 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Depends how much the fee is to transfer over and whether the interest you're earning on the ISA is more.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure