Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Ibcus
    • By Ibcus 19th Apr 18, 11:33 PM
    • 112Posts
    • 52Thanks
    Ibcus
    HX Car Park Management PCN wrong reg typed into machine
    • 19th Apr 18, 11:33 PM
    HX Car Park Management PCN wrong reg typed into machine 19th Apr 18 at 11:33 PM
    My partner received this letter a few days ago from HX Car Park Management.
    hxxp://i63.tinypic.com/zwkpbq.jpg

The driver paid for a parking ticket but put the reg in as 06, as they have done in older machines over the years.

This is the ticket they paid for (they keeps them all, a work thing)
    http://i64.tinypic.com/2911b2a.jpg

The registered keeper phoned them the other day, while I was at work, telling them the driver had a valid ticket for the time they was on the car park, they wasn't interested as the driver hadn't validated it and they seemed quite happy to see her in court.

I drove to the car park last night to have a look at it.

This is the main thing you see, it's very large and between two pay points.

The only mention of inputing a full and vaild reg number is on the pay machine in small text and also on signs on walls quite a distance away.

payment post

Not the best picture, but there you go

In the vast experience that I know is out there on this forum, how likely is it that she/we are going to have to jump through hoops to bring this to logical outcome?
    Last edited by Ibcus; 11-07-2018 at 1:38 AM.
Page 8
    • Pjr1525
    • By Pjr1525 4th Nov 18, 5:04 AM
    • 99 Posts
    • 73 Thanks
    Pjr1525
    Incomplete vrn entered
    Hi ibcus. Just read that new addition to HXs website, it brought a lump to my throat, here was I mistakenly thinking they were just a greedy bunch, out for a quick profit, but apparently they say otherwise --- honest guv.
    I don't feel so bad now about them screwing me for all that money because more than two digits were wrongly entered. Regards
    Last edited by Pjr1525; 04-11-2018 at 5:21 AM.
    • Ibcus
    • By Ibcus 6th Nov 18, 1:23 AM
    • 112 Posts
    • 52 Thanks
    Ibcus
    I still can't understand why we haven't recieved anything after the LBC.

A guy on the Facebook group has a court date for end of Feb in Wigan, his PCN was issued in March 2018.

They didn't keep the ticket though, no idea if driver was identified
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 6th Nov 18, 2:06 AM
    • 63,826 Posts
    • 76,450 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Aaargh - Wigan court! They are infamous for a terrible (wrong) decision v Janeo on pepipoo.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • Ibcus
    • By Ibcus 6th Nov 18, 2:48 AM
    • 112 Posts
    • 52 Thanks
    Ibcus
    I wonder if Kenny ever did this:

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/hx-car-park-management-ltd-charity-donation-kenny-marland

Within my quest to make HX Car Park Management Ltd the leading parking company in the UK. I have now committed to making a charitable donation from PCN revenue.
    We will donate 5% of all PCN revenue from people who misuse disabled bays.
    He also seems pleased with the 3.5k he spent to get in the UK Parliamentary Review that I mentioned earlier

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/hx-car-park-management-featured-uk-parliamentary-review-kenny-marland

HX Car Park Management

It was a huge honour to be featured in this years Parliamentary Review.
    That honour cost him 3,500.

HXs Commitment to Ethical Car Park Management

<snip>

Our commitment to ethical car park management can be demonstrated, for example, by the way in which we will always make the issuing of a parking charge notice (PCN) our final resort. In the instance of car parks that require the customer to enter their number plate in a machine when paying for their parking, we will always make allowances for human error. In instances where the customer inputs their number plate with up to two digits incorrect, we will dismiss the case as human error and will not issue a PCN, even though our ANPR cameras will flag this as unpaid parking. Every case for a PCN is cross-referenced in this manner by trained individuals and will never be automatically issued without first receiving ample consideration. To this end, we voided over 25,000 PCNs in 12 months by making allowances for human error.
    In the immortal words of Brian Potter 'but you didn't though, did you Kenny?'

I will say nothing about this one.

How the Car Park Management Industry is Becoming More Ethical

Our article in the Parliamentary Review also addressed one key change set to affect the car park managements industry in the coming years: Sir Greg Knight MPs Parking (Code of Practice) Bill. The Bill will introduce a mandatory code of practice to better regulate the management of parking on private land. As great advocates of a fairer and less profit-orientated approach to car park management, HX welcomes this bill and looks forward to witnessing the raising of standards industry wide.
    Is this really him?

• Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 6th Nov 18, 11:24 PM
    • 63,826 Posts
    • 76,450 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    As great advocates of a fairer and less profit-orientated approach to car park management, HX welcomes this bill and looks forward to witnessing the raising of standards industry wide.
    I look forward to the day when the industry grinds to a halt and is kicked out by so many Supermarkets and Hospitals and Managing Agents, Cinemas and pubs, to have any business at all.
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • Ibcus
    • By Ibcus 7th Nov 18, 1:20 AM
    • 112 Posts
    • 52 Thanks
    Ibcus
    Aaargh - Wigan court! They are infamous for a terrible (wrong) decision v Janeo on pepipoo.
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad

It may not be as bad as you think.

This was posted in the HX Facebook group in October this year, although it wasn't a HX ticket it was good to see, don't think she will mind me posting it.

It's not HX but shows this district judge made the right call.

Her follow up post
    Excel said in their defence they weren't disputing the ticket as they knew I had one but the fact the number plate I registered wasn't correct they went on to say that it was 'my own misfortune ' (their words) and they hoped the judge would not let me get away with this as it would open the floodgates for everyone else after smiling at me the judge then said case dismissed
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 7th Nov 18, 1:29 AM
    • 63,826 Posts
    • 76,450 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Love that one!

In the Janeo case I think the Judge was clueless about the POFA and thought keepers could be held liable anyway, by Excel.
    • stjon1954
    • By stjon1954 7th Nov 18, 3:15 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    stjon1954
    I don't want to hijack this thread (I'm a newbie and I've read the guides), but my circumstances are IDENTICAL to those quoted by Ibcus. (except you have done a ton of work and I'm coming to this completely fresh lol). Would I be OK to PM you therefore for any advice you might be able to offer? Many thanks.
    • Ibcus
    • By Ibcus 10th Nov 18, 3:07 AM
    • 112 Posts
    • 52 Thanks
    Ibcus
    Seeing as though you posted over 2 years ago about a PCN at Liverpool Airport and said you had read all the 'newbie stuff' I found it strange to receive your message.

Hi Ibcus, and please forgive me for sending an unsolicited PM, but I am a bit desperate! I've read your thread with great interest, because my wife has done exactly the same as you did (twice!) in the same car park! About the only difference in the two cases is that I stupidly advised her to ignore all correspondence, whereas you have obviously fought your corner at great lengths with HX and Gladstones. My wife has now received a Claim Form from the County Court Business Centre (Northampton), so it seems (as far as I can gather) that she will definitely be taken to court?
    With the efforts you have made to understand your legal position, I suppose I am really asking for any help and support that you may be willing or able to offer. I am especially interested in your photographs of the car park signage - if I've read your thread correctly, HX seem to have amended their signs to remove the odd loophole, so if I could obtain copies of your pictures I would be really grateful.
    Again, please accept my apologies for pestering you, but we are panicking at the thought of preparing a good defence. Best regards.
    You are going to court, best to start a new thread
    Last edited by Ibcus; 11-11-2018 at 4:30 AM.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 10th Nov 18, 9:59 AM
    • 37,843 Posts
    • 21,987 Thanks
    Quentin
    Posting PMs like this and revealing this info is not on! (And breaks forum rules)

Stjon - report post #149 above to MSE and ask them to delete your PM from it
    Last edited by Quentin; 10-11-2018 at 10:02 AM.
    • Ibcus
    • By Ibcus 11th Nov 18, 4:29 AM
    • 112 Posts
    • 52 Thanks
    Ibcus
    Revealing what info?
    edit:

I must admit I didn't realise he had put his name at the end, it has been deleted.

The message seemed very strange to me, asking for images that have been posted and are available to him, on my thread and another one pretty much parralel that he sould have noticed, as that one is actually going to court, the owner of that thread has posted on mine and vice versa.

I haven't fought my corner 'at great lengths with HX and Gladstones', Gladstones have yet to reply to anything I have sent them, and I have said this multiple times.

Again, I found it strange and worth posting
    Last edited by Ibcus; 11-11-2018 at 4:48 AM.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 11th Nov 18, 1:59 PM
    • 37,843 Posts
    • 21,987 Thanks
    Quentin
    Revealing what info?
    edit, it has been deleted.
    Originally posted by Ibcus
    No it hasn't!

If you aren't happy about a pm received you should report it, but as posted, putting it in a post is not allowed!
    Last edited by Quentin; 11-11-2018 at 2:02 PM.
    • Ibcus
    • By Ibcus 12th Nov 18, 1:01 AM
    • 112 Posts
    • 52 Thanks
    Ibcus
    Yes it has!

Revealing what info?
    edit:

I must admit I didn't realise he had put his name at the end, it has been deleted.
    Originally posted by Ibcus

You edited the quote of my post.

I've explained why I posted it

Seeing as though you posted over 2 years ago about a PCN at Liverpool Airport and said you had read all the 'newbie stuff' I found it strange to receive your message.

The message seemed very strange to me, asking for images that have been posted and are available to him, on my thread and another one pretty much parralel that he sould have noticed, as that one is actually going to court, the owner of that thread has posted on mine and vice versa.

I haven't fought my corner 'at great lengths with HX and Gladstones', Gladstones have yet to reply to anything I have sent them, and I have said this multiple times.

Again, I found it strange and worth posting

This part of the forum being what it is, do I need to spell it out to you?
    • stjon1954
    • By stjon1954 12th Nov 18, 4:04 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    stjon1954
    Dear all - I seem to have started a debate unintentionally, so apologies for that.

Ibcus - to answer your questions - yes I was on here many moons ago about a car park ticket at Liverpool Airport, but that seemed to have 'gone away' without me doing anything, so I still class myself as new to this. I might ask what prompted you to check into my posting history? And I did try to download the images posted up by PJR1525, but I couldn't access them for some reason. Anyway, it appears you are unwilling to share any info or help me in any way, so no worries.

Perhaps I described myself as a 'newbie' because I was extremely nervous about posting ANYTHING on this forum - the level of aggression directed any anyone who makes the smallest error is shocking.

Again, apologies for rocking the boat. I am not a lawyer and it was unintentional. I'm simply someone who is in a very worrying and potentially costly predicament. Good luck to everyone in the same boat.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

189Posts Today

2,166Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @laurawithers84: @MartinSLewis Our school is going to use your book for our new finance fortnight for year 8 students. We thought we wou?

• RT @katiejane13uk: ????????IMPORTANT - CALLING ALL LEASEHOLDERS TO COMPLETE???????? @mhclg Leasehold Reform Consultation closes this month. This is the?

• Just sent a text about postgrad loans. My Swype text auto-corrected it to pothead loans. Does it know something I don't?

• Follow Martin