Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • iskista
    • By iskista 19th Apr 18, 4:16 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    iskista
    UKPS Ltd Leamington Spa
    • 19th Apr 18, 4:16 PM
    UKPS Ltd Leamington Spa 19th Apr 18 at 4:16 PM
    Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone could give me a bit of advice.The car was parked Waterside Inn beside McDonald's in Leamington Spa. If anyone knows there, parking is horrible and Waterside Inn car park is literally right next to McDonald's signs. It was parked there on two consecutive days, but managed to miss signs from UKPS.

I saw a post that people were getting fines, so rang the company and found out the car had two PCNs on consecutive days 24th and 25th March. I emailed the company saying that the only way I knew about this PCN being charged to the car was thanks to someone else saying, and that I was flying home for two weeks (during which the fine would be sent to my address) and could not access mail. I was worried as after 14 days it goes from a 60 fine to 100 fine. They replied saying that when I return to ring them and if the 14 days have passed, they will ensure I pay the 60 fine.

My problem is they were contacted in a panic and may have mentioned the car's driver, so wondered what could be done to appeal/should ignore it etc or if nothing can be done. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
    Last edited by iskista; 19-04-2018 at 4:33 PM. Reason: anonymous
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 19th Apr 18, 4:18 PM
    • 18,139 Posts
    • 22,936 Thanks
    Redx
    • 19th Apr 18, 4:18 PM
    • 19th Apr 18, 4:18 PM
    you havent had a "fine" now either

a private parking company cannot issue a "fine" , they issue a pcn , an invoice, so these are invoices

now edit your post and remove any hint of who was driving

once that is done , READ the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread, third thread down from the top of this forum , it tells you what is what , and has a template appeal you can use

NEVER mention who was driving , to anyone

parking companies do not "waive" these invoices, some of them take people to court, they have 6 years to try a court case in civil court
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 19th Apr 18, 6:57 PM
    • 9,209 Posts
    • 8,980 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 19th Apr 18, 6:57 PM
    • 19th Apr 18, 6:57 PM
    This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 19th Apr 18, 7:38 PM
    • 57,528 Posts
    • 71,112 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 19th Apr 18, 7:38 PM
    • 19th Apr 18, 7:38 PM
    They replied saying that when I return to ring them and if the 14 days have passed, they will ensure I pay the 60 fine.
    Hahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! Bet they did, luckily you came here first.

My problem is they were contacted in a panic and may have mentioned the car's driver, so wondered what could be done to appeal/should ignore it etc or if nothing can be done.
    Same as ever, submit online appeals tonight or tomorrow, using the forum template. Perfect timing, it's almost day 28 but not quite. See the NEWBIES thread for why to time it this way, and NOT to say who was driving (never mind the naive phone call).

Nasty, eewwwww, why speak to those ex-clampers like they are real parking management?! Wash your mouth out with soap, the industry is rotten.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 11th May 18, 12:48 AM
    • 57,528 Posts
    • 71,112 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 11th May 18, 12:48 AM
    • 11th May 18, 12:48 AM
    From reading the newbies FAQ, other posts and this apparent POFA 2012 act? It seems that these crooks only have 14 days to issue you with these charges
    Not true.

They can issue a non-POFA PCN after that and the NEWBIES thread tells you that.

If you have other questions you need to start your own thread, otherwise you are hijacking this person's thread unfairly.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,087Posts Today

5,372Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin