Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jasonwatkins
    • By jasonwatkins 18th Apr 18, 3:38 PM
    • 1,980Posts
    • 665Thanks
    jasonwatkins
    looking for a specific doctor's letter if anyone had any ideas?
    • 18th Apr 18, 3:38 PM
    looking for a specific doctor's letter if anyone had any ideas? 18th Apr 18 at 3:38 PM
    i'm currently trying to obtain a doctor's letter from my GP but i'm having problems due to her refusal to sign off on two particular clauses.

the letter in question would enable me to start a particular dieting program and it needs to initially confirm some basic details like name, weight, height e.t.c.. but it also needs to confirm that a sensible, calorie controlled diet won't be detrimental to my health (which it won't be..) and that the weight loss will be achieved without resorting to surgery (which it also won't be).

these are the two particular clauses my GP isn't willing to sign off on so i'm wondering if there's any way I could obtain such a letter form another medical professional ?

i'm currently waiting on a call from NHS 111 for further advice as well.

I'd obviously be willing to play ball as far as submitting to any medical examinations or health checks necessary and also pay for the letter as well, but i'm at a loss for ideas at the moment so if anyone had any ideas i'd certainly be grateful. thanks.
    Last edited by jasonwatkins; 18-04-2018 at 4:01 PM.
Page 4
    • Anoneemoose
    • By Anoneemoose 8th May 18, 11:30 AM
    • 1,889 Posts
    • 2,256 Thanks
    Anoneemoose
    Diets donít work long term for the majority, so itís hardly surprising youíve not kept it off before.

https://youtu.be/jn0Ygp7pMbA
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,544Posts Today

8,670Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin