Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • robjaret
    • By robjaret 17th Apr 18, 11:00 PM
    • 8Posts
    • 0Thanks
    robjaret
    Work Capability Questionnaire - Universal Credit
    • 17th Apr 18, 11:00 PM
    Work Capability Questionnaire - Universal Credit 17th Apr 18 at 11:00 PM
    I sent my completed work capability questionnaire off last Friday and I'm just wondering if anyone knows the current timeframe for hearing back?

I suffer from depression, anxiety and OCD and I receive PIP, so I am hopeful of being put in the support group. I was fortunate enough to not be asked for a face to face assessment when applying for PIP so fingers crossed I won't be asked this time; the prospect is very daunting.

Also, does anyone know if I would be able to get universal credit payments backdated should I be put in the support group?

Many thanks for taking the time to help.
Page 1
    • huckster
    • By huckster 17th Apr 18, 11:38 PM
    • 3,320 Posts
    • 1,445 Thanks
    huckster
    • 17th Apr 18, 11:38 PM
    • 17th Apr 18, 11:38 PM
    Could be a month or two, as they deal with a lot of cases.

Were you on ESA previously and did you have a WCA under that ?

If not, just because you did not have a face to face assessment for PIP does not mean you won't have one for UC. They might contact your Doctors and if they obtain enough information that way, then you might not have to attend an assessment centre.

You will have to wait and see.

Re your question, if you are awarded LCWRA ( support group) it will be backdated, but you won't get the extra LCWRA amount for the first 13 week assessment period.
    Last edited by huckster; 17-04-2018 at 11:40 PM.
    The comments I post are personal opinion. Always refer to official information sources before relying on internet forums. If you have a problem with any organisation, enter into their official complaints process at the earliest opportunity, as sometimes complaints have to be started within a certain time frame.
    • robjaret
    • By robjaret 18th Apr 18, 12:13 AM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    robjaret
    • 18th Apr 18, 12:13 AM
    • 18th Apr 18, 12:13 AM
    Thanks for the reply.

I haven't previously been on ESA and therefore have not had a face to face assessment. I'm not overly worried about having one; my anxiety at the moment is more due to the strain on my finances.

I guess all I can do is wait and see which unfortunately isn't nice for anyone. I know that sometimes there is a backlog of cases and therefore it can take 2 months or longer. I'm hoping that's not the case at the moment and it's dealt with a bit quicker.
    • huckster
    • By huckster 18th Apr 18, 6:51 AM
    • 3,320 Posts
    • 1,445 Thanks
    huckster
    • 18th Apr 18, 6:51 AM
    • 18th Apr 18, 6:51 AM
    After a month of waiting, you can chase it up with your Job Centre work coach or by phoning Universal Credit. It is sometimes possible for the matter to be escalated with the assessment company and to hopefully speed the process up. You can only try.
    The comments I post are personal opinion. Always refer to official information sources before relying on internet forums. If you have a problem with any organisation, enter into their official complaints process at the earliest opportunity, as sometimes complaints have to be started within a certain time frame.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

158Posts Today

1,519Users online

Martin's Twitter