Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redplanet
    • By redplanet 17th Apr 18, 10:56 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    redplanet
    Plusnet underhand behaviour?
    • 17th Apr 18, 10:56 PM
    Plusnet underhand behaviour? 17th Apr 18 at 10:56 PM
    So looking at joining Plusnet. The very useful MSE article "How to get cheap broadband" (which as a new forum user I can't link to) has an affiliate link.

If I try to sign up to Plusnet via that link it insists my phone line isn't suitable and wants to charge 50 for an engineer to "install" a new line.

However if I try to sign up directly, surprise surprise, there is no problem with the line and installation fee is zero.

15 mins onto their helpline tonight resulted in a confused (and understandably becoming increasingly frustrated) support assistant - he was insisting it was alright at their end.

When I finally suggested it might be because of the affiliate link he said that that could be the issue then and said the problem is with MSE and not them.

Sounds a little hokum to me. Do I really want to sign up to a company like that?

Has anyone else experienced similar? Thanks in advance.
Page 1
    • moremore
    • By moremore 19th Apr 18, 5:36 PM
    • 447 Posts
    • 102 Thanks
    moremore
    • 19th Apr 18, 5:36 PM
    • 19th Apr 18, 5:36 PM
    PlusNet are just awful never upfront when speak to them on phone had to leave them.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

307Posts Today

2,924Users online

Martin's Twitter