Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • swayzak
    • By swayzak 17th Apr 18, 9:26 PM
    • 88Posts
    • 4Thanks
    swayzak
    Basic ISA question !
    • 17th Apr 18, 9:26 PM
    Basic ISA question ! 17th Apr 18 at 9:26 PM
    Hello

I recently opened a cash ISA with Paragon, and transferred 65k from my Virgin ISA. I then paid in 20k "new" money to this new ISA (my ISA allowance for 2018-19).

The Virgin ISA is now paying a rate of 0.51%.

Can I open another ISA to transfer the remaining Virgin ISA money into, to get a better rate on this ISA saving (without paying any additional money, as my ISA allowance for 2018/19 has already gone into the Paragon) ?

The rule as I understand it is that you can only open one CASH ISA per tax year, so I suspect not..

Thanks
    Last edited by swayzak; 17-04-2018 at 9:52 PM.
Page 1
    • moneymagic
    • By moneymagic 17th Apr 18, 9:31 PM
    • 39 Posts
    • 198 Thanks
    moneymagic
    • 17th Apr 18, 9:31 PM
    • 17th Apr 18, 9:31 PM
    You can only subscribe (i.e. pay new money) into one cash ISA per year but you can open more than one ISA if you wish to transfer previous years subscriptions.
    • swayzak
    • By swayzak 17th Apr 18, 9:51 PM
    • 88 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    swayzak
    • 17th Apr 18, 9:51 PM
    • 17th Apr 18, 9:51 PM
    Thanks - v helpful.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,205Posts Today

8,293Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: Worried about your finances? Or maybe you just want to know some tips and tricks for getting the best money-saving deals??

• About to start @thismorning talking about why everyone should check their mortgage rates and then may be able to sa? https://t.co/ulkdPb031h

• Today's Twitter poll: Do you / would you wear fur? Reports coming out today that even some fur labeled fake actual? https://t.co/QUh6P9TVgh

• Follow Martin