Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • OldGoat
    • By OldGoat 17th Apr 18, 9:04 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    OldGoat
    Nationwide go slow
    • 17th Apr 18, 9:04 PM
    Nationwide go slow 17th Apr 18 at 9:04 PM
    Anyone thinking of opening Nationwide's 'single withdrawal' cash ISA had better brace themselves for appalling service. I successfully applied for this product at 9am on 6 April. I know the application was fine, because I have a screenshot to prove it. At the time of writing, I have been waiting 11 days for Nationwide to send me the information (by snail mail) that I need to activate the account. In the meantime, I haven't had any contact whatsoever. No acknowledgement of my application via e-mail, just complete silence. How any organisation thinks they can treat customers like this in 2018 is incredible. Believe me, if there was any other cash ISA paying the same rate, I'd bin off Nationwide immediately. You have been warned!!
Page 1
    • Malchester
    • By Malchester 17th Apr 18, 9:07 PM
    • 100 Posts
    • 55 Thanks
    Malchester
    • 17th Apr 18, 9:07 PM
    • 17th Apr 18, 9:07 PM
    Opened same ac on same day and it was up and running, and funded within minutes. The usual fast service online from Nationwide
    • le loup
    • By le loup 17th Apr 18, 9:08 PM
    • 3,807 Posts
    • 3,756 Thanks
    le loup
    • 17th Apr 18, 9:08 PM
    • 17th Apr 18, 9:08 PM
    As above.
    • Alexland
    • By Alexland 17th Apr 18, 9:35 PM
    • 2,388 Posts
    • 1,789 Thanks
    Alexland
    • 17th Apr 18, 9:35 PM
    • 17th Apr 18, 9:35 PM
    It sounds like the OP was not an existing Nationwide customer so they need to send stuff by post. Might be worth giving them a call and asking for an update?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,604Posts Today

8,349Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin