Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • lumper1967
    • By lumper1967 17th Apr 18, 8:16 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 0Thanks
    lumper1967
    New Build Extras
    • 17th Apr 18, 8:16 PM
    New Build Extras 17th Apr 18 at 8:16 PM
    Hi.
    Im currently in the process of buying a new build with Bellway .
    Ive been advised thats i need to pick any extras before they put the roof on to only pay 10% upfront _ after that its full payment

First of all has anyone had any dealings with Bellway in terms of extras?will they do freebies if i ask or discounts on anything in particular or maybe if we order over a certain amount?

Any advice would be great
Page 1
    • crystalpinks
    • By crystalpinks 18th Apr 18, 7:22 PM
    • 49 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    crystalpinks
    • 18th Apr 18, 7:22 PM
    • 18th Apr 18, 7:22 PM
    I doubt it, negotiation for freebies from the extras list is usually best done before reservation, after that they!!!8217;ve got you so why would they offer freebies?
    • Slithery
    • By Slithery 18th Apr 18, 8:31 PM
    • 1,034 Posts
    • 1,672 Thanks
    Slithery
    • 18th Apr 18, 8:31 PM
    • 18th Apr 18, 8:31 PM
    Indeed.

All negotiation needs to be done before you pay your reservation fee, after that they already have your signature
    • deannatrois
    • By deannatrois 19th Apr 18, 3:52 AM
    • 5,721 Posts
    • 8,025 Thanks
    deannatrois
    • 19th Apr 18, 3:52 AM
    • 19th Apr 18, 3:52 AM
    Do you realise that you will be paying over the odds for any 'extras' the developer puts in, even with a discount? Ask for some quotes for the things you want and compare. If you want to save money, you are better off going to local builders.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

210Posts Today

1,525Users online

Martin's Twitter