Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

    • greatcrested
    • By greatcrested 17th Apr 18, 6:26 PM
    • 43Posts
    • 12Thanks
    Freeholder's pack etc
    • #1
    • 17th Apr 18, 6:26 PM
    Freeholder's pack etc 17th Apr 18 at 6:26 PM
    A private road is owned by a Management Company. The owners of each property in the road own a single share in the company. There is an elected committee with a Chair, Treasurer and Secretary, who run things.

    One owner is selling and has requested an 'information pack' be sent to his solicitor.

    In the past, sellers' solicitors have sent a list of questions which the Chair or committee have answered.

    Sellers have always returned their Share certificates on Completion without issue as everyone knows everyone.

    However, this seller has a history - years refusing to pay annual charges etc (though suddenly brought up to date once they found a buyer....).

    1. What would/should be in such a pack - is there a pro-forma?
    2. Is it acceptable to say there is no pack and request a list of questions?
    3. Is it acceptable to charge a fee, and if so how much?
    4. Can they request a solicitor's undertaking that the share certificate will be returned?
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,606Posts Today

7,453Users online

Martin's Twitter