Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • yvonne le
    • By yvonne le 17th Apr 18, 5:35 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 0Thanks
    yvonne le
    help needed
    • 17th Apr 18, 5:35 PM
    help needed 17th Apr 18 at 5:35 PM
    Hi
    I know this is for flight delays but maybe somebody can help.
    My sister in law and niece took a 9 year old to Euro disney last week and they all had a good time until the flight home.

They were due to fly at 9pm how they got back to the hotel after checking in the morning the time of the coach coming for them1 hour before it was due. The coach arrived and took them to the airport however after they checked in the boarding passes would not scan we were all checking at home and noticed the flight had changed and took off 5 mins before they checked in (brought forward by 1 1/2 hours.

They then had to try to book another flight but a lot of people in the queue and some men in tears. We had to book and pay for 1 here into Edinburgh the only 1 available the next day so they then had to find a hotel ( again extra expense in total 1100.00 and a 4 hour drive to collect them the night after anybody who the claim this back from the co they booked it or the people they had given the flights to?
Page 1
    • legal magpie
    • By legal magpie 18th Apr 18, 7:40 AM
    • 870 Posts
    • 382 Thanks
    legal magpie
    • 18th Apr 18, 7:40 AM
    • 18th Apr 18, 7:40 AM
    You need to find out exactly what happened about the flight. When was the time brought forward? Were they on a package trip which included flights, accommodation and transport, or did they book them all separately? You say that they weren't aware of the changed time until after they'd checked in, which sounds bizarre.
    • yvonne le
    • By yvonne le 18th Apr 18, 8:07 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    yvonne le
    • 18th Apr 18, 8:07 AM
    • 18th Apr 18, 8:07 AM
    Hi no they booked the whole as a package with tui but when they got the tickets etc they were supposed to fly with Air France then when they got to Manchester the flight was with Flybe. coming home they checked in at the Flybe desk but 5 mins after the gate had closed even though they were picked up at the hotel by the coach supplied. They had no notification that the flight had been brought forward and I myself checked at home about lunchtime and the flight was still leaving at the correct time. Later about 6.30 when I checked it was still at the correct time and I checked again about 8 to find it had gone to leaving at the same time as and earlier flight. Everything was booked at a travel agents through Tui.
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 18th Apr 18, 8:48 AM
    • 11,190 Posts
    • 7,342 Thanks
    Caz3121
    • 18th Apr 18, 8:48 AM
    • 18th Apr 18, 8:48 AM
    however after they checked in the boarding passes would not scan
    Originally posted by yvonne le
    H coming home they checked in at the Flybe desk but 5 mins after the gate had closed
    Originally posted by yvonne le
    Flybe checkin closes 60 minutes before departure time so this sounds very odd...do you have the flight number and date?
    • yvonne le
    • By yvonne le 18th Apr 18, 10:21 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    yvonne le
    • 18th Apr 18, 10:21 AM
    • 18th Apr 18, 10:21 AM
    Hi Flight BE3132 Flying Friday 13th so they should have landed in Manchester at 10.30 PM And Manchester had it listed arriving at 10.29! Still can't believe TUI did not leave a message for people at reception or send the coach earlier as they would have in the airport 2 hours before they were due to fly.
    • legal magpie
    • By legal magpie 18th Apr 18, 11:54 AM
    • 870 Posts
    • 382 Thanks
    legal magpie
    • 18th Apr 18, 11:54 AM
    • 18th Apr 18, 11:54 AM
    If they booked the whole thing as a package, the package tour regulations apply quite apart from any claim against the airline. From what you say, Tui seem to be at fault as once you set off on a package holiday, you are in their hands.
    • sheramber
    • By sheramber 18th Apr 18, 12:12 PM
    • 4,686 Posts
    • 3,514 Thanks
    sheramber
    • 18th Apr 18, 12:12 PM
    • 18th Apr 18, 12:12 PM
    The flight tracking sites show the flight leaving as scheduled to leave at 8 35pm and leaving at 8 49pm

I would say their claim is with TUI if they gave them the wrong information.

Maybe the 1 hour difference between British Summer Time and European Daylight Saving time caused confusion.
    • yvonne le
    • By yvonne le 18th Apr 18, 4:33 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    yvonne le
    • 18th Apr 18, 4:33 PM
    • 18th Apr 18, 4:33 PM
    The time they had on the paperwork from TUI was landing in Manchester at 22.30 and thy sent the coach to pick them up from the hotel at the correct time on paperwork. Flybe had 2 flights landing from Paris and they were originally 1 hour and 30 mins apart but both took off and landed at the same time.

They have been to the TUi shop were they booked but they were not interested however they have kept all the paperwork boarding passes etc so will be raising a complaint with the head office.
    • yvonne le
    • By yvonne le 8th May 18, 4:20 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    yvonne le
    • 8th May 18, 4:20 PM
    Tui
    • 8th May 18, 4:20 PM
    Just an update TUI have rung them today and said it is Flybe's fault as they were contracted fr the flight and told them to ring them which they have Flybe said Air France cancelled that flight and put everybody on the earlier flight and they should contact them. They have air France are claiming not their fault and they should contact Tui. I have told them they booked with TUI and up to them to sort it out with whoever did change the flight
    • JPears
    • By JPears 8th May 18, 4:40 PM
    • 3,680 Posts
    • 1,023 Thanks
    JPears
    Who was the original flight actually with? Tui, Flybe or airfrance?
    Last edited by JPears; 08-05-2018 at 5:01 PM.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    • Alan Bowen
    • By Alan Bowen 8th May 18, 6:14 PM
    • 3,048 Posts
    • 1,533 Thanks
    Alan Bowen
    Air France, of course, have had endless strikes recently and do codeshare with Flybe on that route so although they may have originally been booked on a flight intended to be operated by Air France, the airline may have moved them to the Flybe flight, both have Flybe flight numbers, told TUI but they failed to inform you. If that is the case then it is entirely TUI's fault
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

118Posts Today

1,261Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin