Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Tragen
    • By Tragen 17th Apr 18, 5:26 PM
    • 153Posts
    • 44Thanks
    Tragen
    cancelled Tesco DD's - should I close non-interest paying accounts?
    • 17th Apr 18, 5:26 PM
    cancelled Tesco DD's - should I close non-interest paying accounts? 17th Apr 18 at 5:26 PM
    Now that Tesco have stopped the free ride and I cant be bothered to set up 1 DD's etc and manage them, I now have multiple accounts which will receive no interest. I will move the money else where, but I wil be left with numerous accounts at multiple banks with no money in.

Is it best to:

a) close via request
    b) close via switching (seems easier)
    c1) leave them
    c2) and wait for them to inevitably close the accounts

If I choose c, is it possible they could close the accounts and effectively "ban" me?

Does closing via switching set a different marker on the closed account to normal, which could affect the possibility of being a customer of theirs again?

Cheers
Page 1
    • AndyPK
    • By AndyPK 17th Apr 18, 5:51 PM
    • 2,843 Posts
    • 790 Thanks
    AndyPK
    • 17th Apr 18, 5:51 PM
    • 17th Apr 18, 5:51 PM
    leave a couple of quid in them for now

and use them to get switching bonuses throughout the year
    • Tragen
    • By Tragen 17th Apr 18, 6:08 PM
    • 153 Posts
    • 44 Thanks
    Tragen
    • 17th Apr 18, 6:08 PM
    • 17th Apr 18, 6:08 PM
    I'm not likely to qualify for switching bonuses as I've had accounts with all but 1 of the banks that have offered switching bonuses.

By closing them I guess I will qualify for them again sooner as it seems to be about 4 or 5 year gap?

Didnt think of that, so thanks for your post
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,113Posts Today

6,588Users online

Martin's Twitter