Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • kidmugsy
    • By kidmugsy 17th Apr 18, 5:11 PM
    • 11,600Posts
    • 8,124Thanks
    kidmugsy
    Barclays, Selftrade, iWeb for S&S ISAs
    • 17th Apr 18, 5:11 PM
    Barclays, Selftrade, iWeb for S&S ISAs 17th Apr 18 at 5:11 PM
    We are happy with our SIPP provider (HL). We want to consider a different provider for our S&S ISAs. The tables in Monevator have encouraged me to consider three: Barclays, Selftrade, iWeb.

I see that the first two have had a panning on the internet for the quality of their software. Has anyone here any recent experience to report or observations to make?

(This is a re-posting from the ISAs forum where nobody had owt to say.)
    Free the dunston one next time too.
Page 1
    • ArchBair
    • By ArchBair 17th Apr 18, 6:53 PM
    • 110 Posts
    • 43 Thanks
    ArchBair
    • 17th Apr 18, 6:53 PM
    • 17th Apr 18, 6:53 PM
    We are happy with our SIPP provider (HL). We want to consider a different provider for our S&S ISAs. The tables in Monevator have encouraged me to consider three: Barclays, Selftrade, iWeb.

I see that the first two have had a panning on the internet for the quality of their software. Has anyone here any recent experience to report or observations to make?

(This is a re-posting from the ISAs forum where nobody had owt to say.)
    Originally posted by kidmugsy
    Well I recently transferred my S&S ISA account from Fidelity to iWeb and I'm more than happy with the software. It goes without saying that at a one off cost of 25 its great.
    • Morphoton
    • By Morphoton 17th Apr 18, 9:46 PM
    • 88 Posts
    • 75 Thanks
    Morphoton
    • 17th Apr 18, 9:46 PM
    • 17th Apr 18, 9:46 PM
    I only have Investment Trusts, ETF's or individual shares - no funds.
    I have had an account with Selftrade for years and have had no real problems. There was a minor problem with the last software change on how the layout looked but reducing the browser screen scaling on my laptop solved it.
    I have read that Barclays has had major problems with its Smart Investor so would not recommend them - fortunately I moved my account from Barclays to the Halifax just prior to the Smart introduction to avoid the increase in charges.
    The Halifax, which I believe is identical to iWeb, apart from the branding, has been fine for me with no problems. It will soon be a year since I moved to the Halifax.
    So I am happy with both Selftrade and the Halifax.
    • Xbigman
    • By Xbigman 17th Apr 18, 11:26 PM
    • 3,132 Posts
    • 1,362 Thanks
    Xbigman
    • 17th Apr 18, 11:26 PM
    • 17th Apr 18, 11:26 PM
    I have a Selftrade S&S ISA but I've done no buying or selling for a while. I will say that when I check up on my holdings it is slow. Not terminal but definitely slower than it was before the website was updated. Other than that it is functional enough.

Darren
    Xbigman's guide to a happy life.

Eat properly
    Sleep properly
    Save some money
    • Xbigman
    • By Xbigman 17th Apr 18, 11:30 PM
    • 3,132 Posts
    • 1,362 Thanks
    Xbigman
    • 17th Apr 18, 11:30 PM
    • 17th Apr 18, 11:30 PM
    To add. I prefered the look of the old site. The new site appears to have been designed to look better on smartphones. Then again, haven't they all.

Darren
    Xbigman's guide to a happy life.

Eat properly
    Sleep properly
    Save some money
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

139Posts Today

1,262Users online

Martin's Twitter