Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • carolineShuff
    • By carolineShuff 17th Apr 18, 5:02 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    carolineShuff
    ITHO water filter
    • 17th Apr 18, 5:02 PM
    ITHO water filter 17th Apr 18 at 5:02 PM
    I have an ITHO boiling tap which requires the Claris water filter F1.7 to be changed every 6 months. The price has shot up recently in the UK to 150!! The same water filter can be bought in Holland for EUR 79 but you cannot buy it from the websites for delivery to the UK. I have searched all over the internet with no luck. Does anyone know if it possible to get hold of it more cheaply in the UK. Failing that can the tap be modified to use a less expensive filter. I cannot afford 300 a year
Page 1
    • Moss5
    • By Moss5 18th Apr 18, 5:18 PM
    • 200 Posts
    • 96 Thanks
    Moss5
    • 18th Apr 18, 5:18 PM
    • 18th Apr 18, 5:18 PM
    If you live in a hard-water area, the filter will protect the boiler from lime scale and other contaminants.
    A water softener would protect from lime scale, but at a higher initial cost.
    If your hot tap is making tea with scum floating on top, you may choose to pay 300/year to prevent this.
    If your tea tastes OK, save your money and don't replace the filter until you see a need.
    This tap does not belong in a money-saving forum, but I'm sure you know that.
    • Ruski
    • By Ruski 18th Apr 18, 7:02 PM
    • 1,578 Posts
    • 927 Thanks
    Ruski
    • 18th Apr 18, 7:02 PM
    • 18th Apr 18, 7:02 PM
    Just put a filter in line of the feed to thatever boiler contraption you have, the the tap will only ever be using filtered water in the first place

HTH

Russ
    Perfection takes time: don't expect miracles in a day
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

331Posts Today

2,152Users online

Martin's Twitter