Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ElleWoods
    • By ElleWoods 17th Apr 18, 5:01 PM
    • 390Posts
    • 654Thanks
    ElleWoods
    Close Bros Motor Finance - no paperwork. Is there anything I can do?
    • 17th Apr 18, 5:01 PM
    Close Bros Motor Finance - no paperwork. Is there anything I can do? 17th Apr 18 at 5:01 PM
    I've held a couple of car finance accounts with Close Bros, one of which has come back as expected with no PPI. On the same response Close Bros have indicated that I had another account with them, and I can find payments to that effect on an old bank statement from 2003 but I don't have the account numbers or paperwork. Their wording is below:

"Unfortunately I can see that you may have held another agreement with us but due to the time that has elapsed we no longer hold any record of this agreement. Therefore I am unable to confirm the presence of PPI on this account. In order to investigate this further we will require the following;

a copy of your PPI policy schedule and policy wording
    evidence of your PPI premium payments"

Is there anything I can do to locate the information I need to check whether that finance deal held PPI, or should I just forget that one as a lost cause?
Page 1
    • Nasqueron
    • By Nasqueron 17th Apr 18, 5:20 PM
    • 4,515 Posts
    • 2,664 Thanks
    Nasqueron
    • 17th Apr 18, 5:20 PM
    • 17th Apr 18, 5:20 PM
    2003, if sold by the car dealer (and they arranged the finance) then it's 2 years pre-regulation so forget it. If you got the finance yourself you'll still be fairly stuffed without any proof you paid it
    • ElleWoods
    • By ElleWoods 17th Apr 18, 9:16 PM
    • 390 Posts
    • 654 Thanks
    ElleWoods
    • 17th Apr 18, 9:16 PM
    • 17th Apr 18, 9:16 PM
    Thank you, I!!!8217;ll leave this one then.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

441Posts Today

5,573Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin