Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • CharlieRabbit01
    • By CharlieRabbit01 17th Apr 18, 3:30 PM
    • 1,233Posts
    • 946Thanks
    CharlieRabbit01
    0 WOW
    visiting las vegas early august
    • 17th Apr 18, 3:30 PM
    0 WOW
    visiting las vegas early august 17th Apr 18 at 3:30 PM
    Hi

We are looking to fly to las vegas and also take part in the sturgis motorcycle rally.

Who/Where can I find the best deals on direct flights to Vegas?

Thanks
    Charlie
Page 1
    • bagand96
    • By bagand96 17th Apr 18, 4:25 PM
    • 2,873 Posts
    • 1,793 Thanks
    bagand96
    • 17th Apr 18, 4:25 PM
    • 17th Apr 18, 4:25 PM
    Direct flights to Vegas are operated by Thomas Cook, Virgin Atlantic and British Airways.

For ease you can try the flight comparison sites, Skyscanner and Kayak are both very good.

Peak travel season so you will be paying top prices, even more so if it must be direct.
    Last edited by bagand96; 17-04-2018 at 4:33 PM.
    • CharlieRabbit01
    • By CharlieRabbit01 17th Apr 18, 4:44 PM
    • 1,233 Posts
    • 946 Thanks
    CharlieRabbit01
    • 17th Apr 18, 4:44 PM
    • 17th Apr 18, 4:44 PM
    thank you.

how much hassle are connecting flights?

I've only ever flown in Europe so always direct flights.
    • bagand96
    • By bagand96 17th Apr 18, 10:25 PM
    • 2,873 Posts
    • 1,793 Thanks
    bagand96
    • 17th Apr 18, 10:25 PM
    • 17th Apr 18, 10:25 PM
    thank you.

how much hassle are connecting flights?

I've only ever flown in Europe so always direct flights.
    Originally posted by CharlieRabbit01
    It all depends. They can be very easy.

I would advise against connecting at the USA end. In the US you must clear immigration and collect your baggage at your first point of entry. You then have to re-check your bag for your onward flight. This can take a long time at a busy hub and can mean a 90 minute or 1 hour connection becomes very tight.

Connecting in Europe is much easier. You dont need to see your baggage at all at the connecting airport. You get off one aircraft, follow signs for connections and go back into the departure lounge to wait for your next flight.

Connecting in Dublin is even better as you can clear US customs there, so you arrive in the USA as a domestic passenger with your passport already stamped.
    • stevie11
    • By stevie11 17th Apr 18, 10:43 PM
    • 401 Posts
    • 199 Thanks
    stevie11
    • 17th Apr 18, 10:43 PM
    • 17th Apr 18, 10:43 PM
    OP, you don't say where you would like to fly from but bagand is correct flights originating from the UK in August will be expensive. Dublin will usually be a cheaper option even if it means coming back to the UK or if direct to a connection in the US you will have pre clearance. Starting in Dublin has its downside as you have to get your own way there.

I start with google flights and see what the prices are for the travel dates.

There is a Las Vegas thread with regular visitors who may also be able to offer further advice.
    • jackieblack
    • By jackieblack 19th Apr 18, 5:45 AM
    • 7,719 Posts
    • 11,279 Thanks
    jackieblack
    • 19th Apr 18, 5:45 AM
    • 19th Apr 18, 5:45 AM
    We are looking to fly to las vegas and also take part in the sturgis motorcycle rally.
    Originally posted by CharlieRabbit01
    How were you thinking of getting from LV to Sturgis?
    They're over a thousand miles apart and there are only two direct flights a week between LV and Rapid City
    Last edited by jackieblack; 19-04-2018 at 6:26 AM.
    2.22kWp Solar PV system installed Oct 2010, Fronius IG20 Inverter,
    south facing (-5 deg), 30 degree pitch, no shading

Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur
    (Revera linguam latinam vix cognovi )
    • CharlieRabbit01
    • By CharlieRabbit01 24th Apr 18, 4:23 PM
    • 1,233 Posts
    • 946 Thanks
    CharlieRabbit01
    • 24th Apr 18, 4:23 PM
    • 24th Apr 18, 4:23 PM
    Hi All, thanks for the info, i'll check out connecting through Dublin.

Our closest airport is Birmingham, but we are fairly flexible, as I know a lot of direct flights go from London.

to get to sturgis we are planning a road trip.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

61Posts Today

2,789Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin