Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • infocom
    • By infocom 17th Apr 18, 3:26 PM
    • 41Posts
    • 7Thanks
    infocom
    Cheap Energy Club email about either receiving emails OR deleting account, due to GDPR
    • 17th Apr 18, 3:26 PM
    Cheap Energy Club email about either receiving emails OR deleting account, due to GDPR 17th Apr 18 at 3:26 PM
    Just got this email from the cheap energy club to do with updating the terms due to GDPR. The email says:"If you'd like to stop receiving emails from us (which means you'll need to delete your Cheap Energy Club account), log in to your account and click 'Leave Energy Club' at the bottom of the page."

So I found this a bit of a surprise. It implies I can no longer just unsubscribe from emails (not that I want to) and keep my account, but have to delete my actual account. Or if I dont delete the account I will receive emails?

It seems to me some sort of ploy to try to keep everyone receiving their emails??? Its a bit drastic to close the account so therefore keep receiving emails?

Why not just offer an opt out of emails?

Is it legal to be doing be doing this? Just seems a real bad way to try to keep everyones details on file for GDPR... threat of full account closure.

GDPR is not about that. I can easily agree to something so you keep my details on record but opt out of email.

P.S. I am not deleting the account and OK to receive emails, so its not about my preference. I just find this choice quite bad.
    Last edited by infocom; 17-04-2018 at 3:29 PM.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

377Posts Today

3,232Users online

Martin's Twitter