Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • wotwaf2015
    • By wotwaf2015 17th Apr 18, 2:53 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    wotwaf2015
    UKCPS fines
    • 17th Apr 18, 2:53 PM
    UKCPS fines 17th Apr 18 at 2:53 PM
    Hi
    I have read the newbies thread but I am still confused and very worried about what to do.
    I work at the University of Lincoln and we have an area on another site where we can park our cars, on two seperate occasions within a week my wifes PCP car was parked by mistake in spaces that were not University spaces. The area is in between two areas we are allowed to park, there are signs up but they are nearly identical to the university signs, also whilst appealing and sending photos as part of the claim they painted the spaces bright blue! I received letters for both in the post saying I had to pay 60. I appealed them both straight away and it went on for around 6/8 weeks until the independent claims people then ruled in UKCPS's favour. I am now receiving debt recovery letters from debt recovery plus for both fines in the post and I have only a few days now until they say they will instruct UKCPS to take court action.
    What advice would you be able to give me please? I really can't pay 320 and I want to fight this.
    I just got off the phone with the debt recovery people and they offered me discount but only if I paid in full today.
    Thank you
    Last edited by wotwaf2015; 17-04-2018 at 3:24 PM.
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 17th Apr 18, 3:01 PM
    • 35,595 Posts
    • 19,810 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 17th Apr 18, 3:01 PM
    • 17th Apr 18, 3:01 PM
    Stop phoning debt collectors!

The newbies FAQ thread does cover what to do when the appeal process is ended.

You ignore everything except a lbcca or Court correspondence.

Come back to the faq if and when you get these for advice on how to deal with this

See also this thread on drp:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5035663

Throughout here you are advised never to reveal who was driving. You need to edit your post to remove details of who was driving.

The ppcs monitor this forum and can use your posts against you

If you have inadvertently used your real name as your forum name then ask MSE to change it to something completely anonymous
    Last edited by Quentin; 17-04-2018 at 3:12 PM.
    • Guys Dad
    • By Guys Dad 17th Apr 18, 4:58 PM
    • 10,448 Posts
    • 9,732 Thanks
    Guys Dad
    • 17th Apr 18, 4:58 PM
    • 17th Apr 18, 4:58 PM
    If this gets to court, your case is based on poor signage. Your wife parked in the wrong place, so you will need mitigating evidence to support why she made the mistake. Lots of photos and possibly Googe Earth too
    • Redx
    • By Redx 17th Apr 18, 5:06 PM
    • 18,114 Posts
    • 22,902 Thanks
    Redx
    • 17th Apr 18, 5:06 PM
    • 17th Apr 18, 5:06 PM
    DO NOT PAY A PENNY unless a judge says so, in civil county court

until that happens you dont owe a penny

NEVER phone debt collectors, they will try and sell snow (and sand) to the Eskimos in the middle of winter if it lined their pockets with silver
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • wotwaf2015
    • By wotwaf2015 18th Apr 18, 10:07 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    wotwaf2015
    • 18th Apr 18, 10:07 AM
    • 18th Apr 18, 10:07 AM
    I have photos of the parking spaces before and after they have been painted, also got google earth images of this this. Also a photo of the sign being partly covered by bushes.
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 18th Apr 18, 10:36 AM
    • 8,485 Posts
    • 8,797 Thanks
    pogofish
    • 18th Apr 18, 10:36 AM
    • 18th Apr 18, 10:36 AM
    That means nothing at all to DRP, who just want to scam money out of you - Although it might be of value if this ever goes to court.

Please read Post Four of the Newbies Sticky.
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 19th Apr 18, 10:33 AM
    • 9,204 Posts
    • 8,969 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 19th Apr 18, 10:33 AM
    • 19th Apr 18, 10:33 AM
    This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

36Posts Today

2,652Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin