Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ElleWoods
    • By ElleWoods 17th Apr 18, 2:47 PM
    • 391Posts
    • 656Thanks
    ElleWoods
    Starting to get replies but unsure how to proceed
    • 17th Apr 18, 2:47 PM
    Starting to get replies but unsure how to proceed 17th Apr 18 at 2:47 PM
    Hi everyone,
    I recently started to check whether I'd ever held any PPI on the various loans, credit cards and store cards I've held over the years. In case it's relevant, I used Resolver for most providers but for the odd few I went through their website. As expected, most responses have said I'd not held PPI. However I've had a couple of responses from quite old accounts (late 1990s-mid 2000s) saying the accounts held PPI. These are an Egg credit card and a Dorothy Perkins store card.

Santander now own the DP card and to take things further, I need to provide them with my employment and salary details at the time of taking out the card/PPI. I'm assuming the Egg card will need the same information. However, I don't know the exact dates when I took out the accounts and due to that, I'm unsure which employment I was in at the time as I changed jobs a few times over those years. I don't have any of the paperwork, just the old cards (so I have the account numbers but no dates).

What's the best way to progress this without knowing the exact dates, please?
Page 1
    • Nasqueron
    • By Nasqueron 17th Apr 18, 2:51 PM
    • 4,719 Posts
    • 2,809 Thanks
    Nasqueron
    • 17th Apr 18, 2:51 PM
    • 17th Apr 18, 2:51 PM
    You have to be honest and say if you don't know, nobody expects a perfect memory but crucially remember you are making the accusation of wrongdoing so you need to support it. If you claimed for example you had worked at firm X for 10 years and had 3 years sick cover and thus didn't need PPI then you should include this evidence. If your complaint reason was different then provide this supporting evidence.
    • ElleWoods
    • By ElleWoods 17th Apr 18, 3:09 PM
    • 391 Posts
    • 656 Thanks
    ElleWoods
    • 17th Apr 18, 3:09 PM
    • 17th Apr 18, 3:09 PM
    That makes sense, thank you. I've just dug out some dates for the Egg card so I know where I worked then but the DP card is more vague as I had that card for quite a few years. I didn't even know I'd ever had any PPI on anything - I honestly expected all of them to say I'd never had any!
    • safestored4
    • By safestored4 17th Apr 18, 6:51 PM
    • 433 Posts
    • 404 Thanks
    safestored4
    • 17th Apr 18, 6:51 PM
    • 17th Apr 18, 6:51 PM
    Even if you had PPI you may well never had paid anything. In the case of credit cards this was only charged on outstanding balances and if you paid the card off in full every month nothing would ever have been paid.
    • ElleWoods
    • By ElleWoods 20th Apr 18, 4:14 PM
    • 391 Posts
    • 656 Thanks
    ElleWoods
    • 20th Apr 18, 4:14 PM
    • 20th Apr 18, 4:14 PM
    I don't think I've ever paid any card off in full in my life! So if there's been PPI added to an account there'll be something on there.
    Last edited by ElleWoods; 24-04-2018 at 2:23 PM.
    • Nasqueron
    • By Nasqueron 20th Apr 18, 4:39 PM
    • 4,719 Posts
    • 2,809 Thanks
    Nasqueron
    • 20th Apr 18, 4:39 PM
    • 20th Apr 18, 4:39 PM
    Just put in your complaint based on your memory and see what they come back with
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

217Posts Today

2,363Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • We all knew we'd win in the end. Never in doubt! ....walks away whistling

• Yeeesss. Phew. Wow. Uh. Oy yoy yoy

• It's interesting that 80% of the crowd are young women... According to the close ups we keep seeing anyway.

• Follow Martin