Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Karl
    • By MSE Karl 17th Apr 18, 2:18 PM
    • 69Posts
    • 21Thanks
    MSE Karl
    MSE Poll: Have you ever asked for a pay rise?
    • 17th Apr 18, 2:18 PM
    MSE Poll: Have you ever asked for a pay rise? 17th Apr 18 at 2:18 PM
    Poll started 17 April 2018

Pay is big news, with many bigger companies having to report their gender pay gap.

Normally in the consumer world if you!!!8217;re unhappy with something, you should politely complain. We wanted to test whether this applies in the world of work too.

Have you ever asked for a pay rise (disregarding any company-wide annual rises)? Please select the CLOSEST option to your situation.

Did you vote? Are you surprised at the results so far? Have your say below. To see the results from last time, click here.

If you haven't already, join the forum to reply.

Thanks!

This Forum tip was included in MoneySavingExpert.com's weekly email!
Page 1
    • Paul_DNAP
    • By Paul_DNAP 19th Apr 18, 1:31 PM
    • 68 Posts
    • 81 Thanks
    Paul_DNAP
    • 19th Apr 18, 1:31 PM
    • 19th Apr 18, 1:31 PM
    My work has just taken the half days I didn't work on my phased return from back surgery off my holiday allowance, so I don't think they would be amenable to talking about pay rises.
    • indesisiv
    • By indesisiv 20th Apr 18, 9:05 AM
    • 5,663 Posts
    • 18,658 Thanks
    indesisiv
    • 20th Apr 18, 9:05 AM
    • 20th Apr 18, 9:05 AM
    No, everyone is paid on set scales. No pay difference between male and female.
    “Time is intended to be spent, not saved” - Alfred Wainwright
    • bertiewhite
    • By bertiewhite 20th Apr 18, 9:42 AM
    • 1,064 Posts
    • 1,180 Thanks
    bertiewhite
    • 20th Apr 18, 9:42 AM
    • 20th Apr 18, 9:42 AM
    Yes, many moons ago - I was working as a PCB assembler and a couple months after joining the company I was asked if I would like the job of inspector. I assumed there would be a pay-rise and when it didn't materialise, I asked if I'd be paid more for the extra responsibility.

The answer was no, so that lunchtime I went to the job centre and handed my notice in a week later.

I don't have the option to ask for a pay-rise these days.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,678Posts Today

5,389Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin