Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • eittolder
    • By eittolder 17th Apr 18, 2:00 PM
    • 10Posts
    • 3Thanks
    eittolder
    17 Months until Remortgage - 7,218.15 Debt to Go
    • 17th Apr 18, 2:00 PM
    17 Months until Remortgage - 7,218.15 Debt to Go 17th Apr 18 at 2:00 PM
    Hello All

I'm new around here, been lurking for a while

I thought I'd start a diary to give me a bit of focus and feel that if I document what I need to achieve it makes me more accountable.

Anyway, I brought a house on my own last September after a 22 year relationship, unfortunately had to go 90% LTV but this will be below 85% when my fixed rate expires September 2019...in order to make sure I can get the best rate at that time the debt has to go.

I've spent years living beyond my means...I also have a new partner who is in the last year of an IVA so between us we dont have a great track record.

The debt is going to go, I'm going to get the best remortgage deal I can and hopefully reduce the term next year too if no debt

So as of now there's 7,218.15 to go by 31st August 2019!

Credit Card 1 - 1,622.62 - 0% interest until June 2019
    Credit Card 2 - 3,599.99 - 0% interest until June 2019
    Loan 1 - 1,756.86 (monthly payment 117 interest 5.9% ends June 2019)
    Sofa finance - 238.68 (monthly payment 29.83 ends December 2018)

I currently have about 350 a month to make payments and 2 x 1,200 bonuses in that time, which still leaves me enough money to live but nothing extravagant. I just have to break the cycle of putting things on a credit card instead of waiting which has been made much worse by moving into a house that needs repair.

Anyway, I'll try and post frequently to keep me on the straight and narrow!
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,260Posts Today

7,281Users online

Martin's Twitter