Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • T1122
    • By T1122 17th Apr 18, 1:44 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    T1122
    Need advice on making an appeal for parking ticket please
    • 17th Apr 18, 1:44 PM
    Need advice on making an appeal for parking ticket please 17th Apr 18 at 1:44 PM
    Hi there

I was wondering if anyone here has ever appealled to London Tribunals for TFL parking tickets? I need to send to them the grounds for my appeal and I'd appreciate some advice on where to begin. Basically the ticket I've received is for pulling over to a parking spot for 45 seconds! I later found out that there was a red route restriction on that parking spot, however, it wasn't really possible to know if there are any restriction and as the road was very quiet and I wasn't going out of the car, I thought it'd be ok. I sent my representation to tfl based on "de minimus" but they've rejected it. I'd appreciate any from you brilliant people.

Thanks for your time
Page 1
    • Le_Kirk
    • By Le_Kirk 17th Apr 18, 2:20 PM
    • 2,683 Posts
    • 1,552 Thanks
    Le_Kirk
    • 17th Apr 18, 2:20 PM
    • 17th Apr 18, 2:20 PM
    You will probably be better registering on pepipoo but don't use a Hotmail address.
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 17th Apr 18, 2:38 PM
    • 33,062 Posts
    • 38,626 Thanks
    Browntoa
    • 17th Apr 18, 2:38 PM
    • 17th Apr 18, 2:38 PM
    Red route is abundantly clear , red line markings and big signs about the parking restrictions , normally not between 6am and 10am etc

You were picked up by a traffic camera so they have you stopped in a no stopping period

https://goo.gl/images/EWcNeb
    Last edited by Browntoa; 17-04-2018 at 2:40 PM.
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • Tarambor
    • By Tarambor 17th Apr 18, 2:45 PM
    • 2,865 Posts
    • 2,073 Thanks
    Tarambor
    • 17th Apr 18, 2:45 PM
    • 17th Apr 18, 2:45 PM
    Hi there

I was wondering if anyone here has ever appealled to London Tribunals for TFL parking tickets? I need to send to them the grounds for my appeal and I'd appreciate some advice on where to begin. Basically the ticket I've received is for pulling over to a parking spot for 45 seconds! I later found out that there was a red route restriction on that parking spot, however, it wasn't really possible to know if there are any restriction and as the road was very quiet and I wasn't going out of the car, I thought it'd be ok. I sent my representation to tfl based on "de minimus" but they've rejected it. I'd appreciate any from you brilliant people.

Thanks for your time
    Originally posted by T1122
    It had double red lines so the restriction was there clear to see. That means no stopping ever, not even just to drop someone off or for 45 seconds or even 4.5 seconds. Its part of the Theory Test, its clearly stated in the Highway Code. I live 250 miles away from London and know that.

They've rejected it because it is an absolute offence. The only time you can stop is if you've broken down.
    • T1122
    • By T1122 17th Apr 18, 4:32 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    T1122
    • 17th Apr 18, 4:32 PM
    • 17th Apr 18, 4:32 PM
    You will probably be better registering on pepipoo but don't use a Hotmail address.
    Originally posted by Le_Kirk
    Already did, not getting any responses there at all.
    • T1122
    • By T1122 17th Apr 18, 6:16 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    T1122
    • 17th Apr 18, 6:16 PM
    • 17th Apr 18, 6:16 PM
    Red route is abundantly clear , red line markings and big signs about the parking restrictions , normally not between 6am and 10am etc

You were picked up by a traffic camera so they have you stopped in a no stopping period
    Originally posted by Browntoa
    There's an expection for parking for 30 mins between 7am and 4pm where the pcn was issued, it would not have been possible to know that without pulling over, and I actually had a good reason to pull over, the car was making funny noise and I sort of had to pull over to find out what the source of the noise was.
    • T1122
    • By T1122 17th Apr 18, 6:19 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    T1122
    • 17th Apr 18, 6:19 PM
    • 17th Apr 18, 6:19 PM
    It had double red lines so the restriction was there clear to see. That means no stopping ever, not even just to drop someone off or for 45 seconds or even 4.5 seconds. Its part of the Theory Test, its clearly stated in the Highway Code. I live 250 miles away from London and know that.

They've rejected it because it is an absolute offence. The only time you can stop is if you've broken down.
    Originally posted by Tarambor
    It wasn't double red line I would never park on one, it was a red route parking spot that had an expection for parking for 30 mins between 7am and 4pm where the pcn was issued, it would not have been possible to know that without pulling over, and I actually had a good reason to pull over, the car was making a funny noise and I sort of had to pull over to find out what the source of the noise was.
    • waamo
    • By waamo 17th Apr 18, 6:27 PM
    • 3,246 Posts
    • 4,296 Thanks
    waamo
    • 17th Apr 18, 6:27 PM
    • 17th Apr 18, 6:27 PM
    Already did, not getting any responses there at all.
    Originally posted by T1122
    Yes you have. You've been asked twice if you had the funny noise investigated. I think people need an answer in order to give accurate advice.
    This space for hire.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

61Posts Today

2,789Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin