Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • eande
    • By eande 17th Apr 18, 1:43 PM
    • 18Posts
    • 1Thanks
    eande
    Parking eye PCN hospital car park
    • 17th Apr 18, 1:43 PM
    Parking eye PCN hospital car park 17th Apr 18 at 1:43 PM
    My father has received a PCN from Parking Eye.
    The PCN was issued on 07/04/18, the date of event was 10/03/2018.
    The car was used to take a relative to hospital.
    On leaving the hospital the driver obtained a parking purchase receipt (ticket) from the machine, which stated no payment required (as there was 30 mins free parking).
    Unfortunately, the driver has entered his registration number incorrectly - mistakenly entering one of the letters.
    The parking purchase receipt obtained from the machine has different times on it to the photographs supplied by Parking Eye.
    I have emailed the patient experience team at the hospital (I think this might be a new name for PALS), and they have responded to say that they only get involved in clinical matters and that I would have to appeal directly to Parking Eye.
    Advice would be appreciated. (I!!!8217;m a bit confused by the different times form the ticket to the PCN, the times on the ticket are within the 30mins allowed for free parking, but the PCN photos show times 36mins apart).
    Last edited by eande; 17-04-2018 at 3:00 PM. Reason: Incorrect date
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 17th Apr 18, 2:19 PM
    • 37,269 Posts
    • 21,428 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 17th Apr 18, 2:19 PM
    • 17th Apr 18, 2:19 PM
    Everyone is politely asked to read up on this in the Newbies FAQ thread near the top of the forum before starting a new thread

Go there now to learn about the game you are now caught up in and how to deal with this

Throughout here you are advised never to reveal who was driving

You need to edit your post to remove details of who was driving

The Ppcs monitor this forum and can use your posts against you
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 17th Apr 18, 2:26 PM
    • 61,510 Posts
    • 74,392 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 17th Apr 18, 2:26 PM
    • 17th Apr 18, 2:26 PM
    The PCN was issued on 07/04/18, the date of event was 10/03/2018.
    Bingo!

GOLDEN TICKET, DON'T LET HIM TELL THEM WHO WAS DRIVING! I love Golden tickets!

Doesn't matter if he/you did when you complained to the hospital. DO NOT TELL PARKINGEYE.

Golden tickets are explained in the third post of the NEWBIES thread and he can't lose, as long as he appeals ONLY as registered keeper, not implying who did what, and the same (but longer) at POPLA stage.

See the NEWBIES thread post #1 for the first appeal template and (please) no asking if it's suitable for all cases (yes) and should he add anything (no)!

Is his car leased or a company car? Any reason for the month's delay in them getting his DVLA data that you can think of, assuming he is the registered keeper named on the V5 (and on the PCN)?
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 17-04-2018 at 2:28 PM.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• eande
    • By eande 17th Apr 18, 2:58 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    eande
    • 17th Apr 18, 2:58 PM
    • 17th Apr 18, 2:58 PM
    Bingo!

Is his car leased or a company car? Any reason for the month's delay in them getting his DVLA data that you can think of, assuming he is the registered keeper named on the V5 (and on the PCN)?
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    The car was purchased just a few days before the “event”. Docs to change ownership would have gone off to DVLA, so I assume there’s a possibility that the previous owner received an initial PCN or that the DVLA took longer than normal to provide RK address. Does that remove the golden ticket option?
    • Redx
    • By Redx 17th Apr 18, 4:42 PM
    • 19,236 Posts
    • 24,439 Thanks
    Redx
    • 17th Apr 18, 4:42 PM
    • 17th Apr 18, 4:42 PM
    contact "PALS" again and remind them they are jointly and severally liable for the actions of their contractors and that JEREMY HUNT,s department published the following guidelines a few years ago

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/nhs-patient-visitor-and-staff-car-parking-principles/nhs-patient-visitor-and-staff-car-parking-principles

and not to fob you off again with their ignorance of the rules laid down by his department

ps:- the KEEPER may have to do this, or a person nominated by the keeper and with their permission
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • eande
    • By eande 18th Apr 18, 12:52 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    eande
    • 18th Apr 18, 12:52 PM
    • 18th Apr 18, 12:52 PM
    Bingo!

Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    Rereading the PCN it states:

“We originally wrote to the registered keeper of the vehicle whose details were held by the DVLA at the time of the parking event and they informed us that you were responsible for the vehicle at the time of the parking event. As we do not know the driver’s name or current postal address, if you were not the driver at the time, you should tell us the name and current postal address of the driver and pass this notice to them”

The PCN is addressed to a company owned by my dad.

I assume this explanation of the delay, removes the “golden ticket” option or have I got that wrong?

Trying to get to grips with responding to ParkingEye, do I definitely not mention that a parking receipt was obtained but the reg plate number entered incorrectly at this stage?
    (The PALS people at the hospital mention that I should explain this to them at the outset)
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 18th Apr 18, 12:59 PM
    • 37,269 Posts
    • 21,428 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 18th Apr 18, 12:59 PM
    • 18th Apr 18, 12:59 PM
    Send the faq appeal as it's written.

It's designed to ensure you get a popla code.

PE are not interested in any mitigating circumstances
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 19th Apr 18, 10:20 AM
    • 9,996 Posts
    • 9,812 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 19th Apr 18, 10:20 AM
    • 19th Apr 18, 10:20 AM
    This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,985Posts Today

8,687Users online

Martin's Twitter