Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Spring17
    • By Spring17 17th Apr 18, 12:48 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Spring17
    Official receiver what next?
    • 17th Apr 18, 12:48 PM
    Official receiver what next? 17th Apr 18 at 12:48 PM
    Hi guys, I was made bankrupt on the 4th of April and had my phone interview with the official receiver today, am looking for some advice as I have come away from the call confused.

The call itself only lasted 30 mins, I thought it may have been longer as a lot of my debts were due to gambling. ( Please don't judge ) I answered all questions honestly, he said that he would contact the creditors to let them know and that was it. There was no mention of income and outgoings, I did ask about this and was told it wasn't needed. Nor any mention of a potential IPA. Is this normal procedure?

Thanks in advance
Page 1
    • srg0916
    • By srg0916 20th Apr 18, 10:41 PM
    • 23 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    srg0916
    • 20th Apr 18, 10:41 PM
    • 20th Apr 18, 10:41 PM
    You must have had the same one as me, I had my call today and same kinda thing, Look at my post about mine... strangest phone call I've ever had
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,674Posts Today

8,465Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin