Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Senseicads
    • By Senseicads 17th Apr 18, 11:29 AM
    • 133Posts
    • 89Thanks
    Senseicads
    Sky TV trying to change my contract! Need help!
    • 17th Apr 18, 11:29 AM
    Sky TV trying to change my contract! Need help! 17th Apr 18 at 11:29 AM
    Hi

i really need some help and advice. I signed up for sky tv, broadband and phone. Had a deal whereby it was 85.50 a month for the whole packages including multiroom and paid for a 2tb box so I could get uhd.

There was a bit of a palaver getting it installed, we needed a DAT team to come out, and the initial engineer rather than just cancelling the appointment cancelled the whole contract. Phone call to sky who said they would reinstate. on the email received they had only reinstated half the packages...another phone call to sky who after much arm waving reinstated the full shebang on the original package. and we eventually had everything installed.

checked the future bills last night on the phone app. said it was going to be 96 per month?? I used the fb app today to try and get some answers. they didn't know what had gone on...could see the offers adding up to the 85.50 for the original package. Chap said he would try and reinstate. then came on saying he couldn't reinstate as the offers had gone. He could do something with a new offer but it would only be for 12months. after 12 months the package would go up to 143. I could cancel then however. I said this wasn't acceptable I wanted my 85.50 for the full 18 months. He said no, he had changed me to the 12 months already and he could do no more. I said I wanted the 18 months I signed up for, he said nope he can't do that. I asked to be passed to someone that could help me. he said he was that person, and that was it. he said I could try calling in to the call centre, which I haven't yet done, but is there anything I can do here? if the roles were reversed they wouldn't let me get away with this???? Really would appreciate some advice before I phone them up.

Thanks in advance.
Page 1
    • Senseicads
    • By Senseicads 17th Apr 18, 11:33 AM
    • 133 Posts
    • 89 Thanks
    Senseicads
    • 17th Apr 18, 11:33 AM
    • 17th Apr 18, 11:33 AM
    The chap has just said he can reinstate me on the 96 per month for 18 months if I would prefer :-/
    • jb66
    • By jb66 17th Apr 18, 12:35 PM
    • 1,624 Posts
    • 665 Thanks
    jb66
    • 17th Apr 18, 12:35 PM
    • 17th Apr 18, 12:35 PM
    Try Virgin if they are messing you around
    • Senseicads
    • By Senseicads 17th Apr 18, 12:40 PM
    • 133 Posts
    • 89 Thanks
    Senseicads
    • 17th Apr 18, 12:40 PM
    • 17th Apr 18, 12:40 PM
    Yeah virgin don!!!8217;t do our area. !!!55357;!!!56883;
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,051Posts Today

7,039Users online

Martin's Twitter