Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • GSPGirl
    • By GSPGirl 17th Apr 18, 11:22 AM
    • 78Posts
    • 17Thanks
    GSPGirl
    Sent a blank credit agreement as a true copy, allegedly
    • 17th Apr 18, 11:22 AM
    Sent a blank credit agreement as a true copy, allegedly 17th Apr 18 at 11:22 AM
    Hello

We recently sent off the letter from National Debtline to request credit agreements from Intrum (previously 1st credit) and they have immediately responded by sending a printout of a credit agreement bearing the original lender name and terms but basically blank

They have done this with the two accounts we hold which have been serviced with a DMP for some time now but we believe they dont have a credit agreement and want to either do a F&F or get it hopefully written off. We recently closed our DMP in order to remedy this, but as it was only recently, no one will be aware of this just yet.

They state in the letter that they have contacted the original lender for details (which 1st credit claimed to do and never provided the actual agreeements)

Both accounts were transferred to them in early 2009 so they could in theory be pre 2007 credit agreements I suppose.

They claim that sending a printout of the credit agreement is a 'true copy' but how can it be when it doesnt even bear a name or original address

The defaults for these accounts fell off the credit files a few years back so are no longer showing and we just want rid of them really

They are not statute barred as they have been paid through a DMP but they are never ending, they sent letters offering 70% off which to us means they have no paperwork to enforce it

What is this 'true copy' stuff they are talking about ?? Surely a court wouldnt award a CCJ to someone with a printed credit agreement with no name or address on it. We have acknowledged the debt by paying it, but would just like to know where we stand really

Many thanks
    Last edited by GSPGirl; 17-04-2018 at 1:02 PM.
Page 1
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 17th Apr 18, 1:07 PM
    • 14,023 Posts
    • 13,280 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 17th Apr 18, 1:07 PM
    • 17th Apr 18, 1:07 PM
    Detais here :

https://www.handbook.fca.org.uk/handbook/CONC/13/1.html?date=2016-03-01

Sounds like the documents you have received are not compliant.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. "I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly".
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    For Free Legal advice see : http://legalbeagles.info/
    • GSPGirl
    • By GSPGirl 17th Apr 18, 1:11 PM
    • 78 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    GSPGirl
    • 17th Apr 18, 1:11 PM
    • 17th Apr 18, 1:11 PM
    Thankyou. I suspect it wasnt complaint. It didnt contain even a name or address. Is there a letter available anywhere that refers to this please I can print off and send to them.
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 17th Apr 18, 1:21 PM
    • 14,023 Posts
    • 13,280 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 17th Apr 18, 1:21 PM
    • 17th Apr 18, 1:21 PM
    Thankyou. I suspect it wasnt complaint. It didnt contain even a name or address. Is there a letter available anywhere that refers to this please I can print off and send to them.
    Originally posted by GSPGirl
    Just write back stating what they have sent you does not comply with the definition of a true copy of your credit agreement as described by the FCA handbook.

And as a result of this the accounts are currently unenforceable.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. "I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly".
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    For Free Legal advice see : http://legalbeagles.info/
    • GSPGirl
    • By GSPGirl 17th Apr 18, 1:46 PM
    • 78 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    GSPGirl
    • 17th Apr 18, 1:46 PM
    • 17th Apr 18, 1:46 PM
    Will do, thankyou
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,738Posts Today

7,905Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin